Early impressions of FIFA 19?

uhMaZiiNq
11278 posts Has That Special Something
Liking it? Not liking it? I'm sure EA will do their typical patch that ruins something early but for now how are you guys feeling about the game overall?

Early impressions of FIFA 19? 133 votes

I like it
57%
GazzaCampinoNingRynoG000nerAgent MurhawkHoopsterzShaanxzHumma78BenzP7CR7>007BlarixLosBlancosCrosslandSercsMoiizerPalacePinterMr. SoperXxRichiexRichxXPangolin 76 votes
I don't like it
9%
OrisonGoldengraham09MaverickShaneShakey JakeyNightmareNIRucciAlford1995CPFC16caediteMikeTHEBOSSmair9485DooganVonBraun 13 votes
Undecided
29%
EddieFicioMikeTropicaz XBLTh3 UK SmurfDiggychaser2k15DannyAntparry92StewParty21_NYG_21KeanoYOLOT0UREDave HockadaymaccagcoatsyBRISTOL86BesiktasBY1903MasscheranoM98Hdopetothemax 39 votes
Still don't plan on buying
3%
Jfo88Argie8BO0OMhrv97SadioMan 5 votes

Comments

• Sercs
    18619 posts World Class
    edited September 2018
    I like it
    I like it but My massive dependence on low drivens from 17/18 is hitting me, my go to shot is the low driven or low driven finesse... :joy:

Now I’m a little useless at finishing, learning but no where near as clinical as I usually am, big part of my game that I only need one chance now it’s at least 3 :joy:
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Sercs wrote: »
    I like it but My massive dependence on low drivens from 17/18 is hitting me, my go to shot is the low driven or low driven finesse... :joy:

Now I’m a little useless at finishing, learning but no where near as clinical as I usually am, big part of my game that I only need one chance now it’s at least 3 :joy:

Do you think the new shooting is bad or people just need to get used to it? If low driven is gone that's a good thing for sure
  • Orison
    47695 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I don't like it
    Will probably change eventually, but atm I don't like it. Feel like the pace of the game is way too low.

Also you miss a lot of shots in the box, but then you score random finesse shots from god knows where. When people rather try longshots from everywhere than trying to score from inside the box then it's not what I would call a very skillbased game.

I'm also useless at defending near post corners, concede almost all of them against Bale and CR7 in draft :joy:
  • EddieFicio
    21404 posts Club Captain
    Undecided
    Don't know yet.
  • CPFC16
    2073 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    I don't like it
    Not enjoying it so far. Seems like it’s gonna be like FIFA 18 in the sense there’s going to be a lot of overpowered players and exploits similar to low driven. It feels like FIFA 18 other than the shooting mechanics and some new skills. Also the corners are still a joke similar to FIFA 18, and the game feels slowish. Hopefully get used to it but at the moment it’s a no from me
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    Feels more like football but still some points which I dislike. Can't count the amount of times I was in across far post position and instead of smashing a longshot he'd do a finesse shot to the far post.

Also too many AI blocks without my opponent doing anything
  • Maverick
    4779 posts National Call-Up
    I don't like it
    Hoping for a patch that brings a bit of 18 back lol. Shooting is way too random at the moment. It's possible I just haven't gotten used to it yet, but I don't think that's it.

What does everything think of the new first touch controls? I need to pay attention while I'm playing because I'm still just pressing buttons as if I'm playing 18. My players do some wacky things and I'm thinking it's because I'm holding down sprint or something when my player receives a quick pass lol
  • Orison
    47695 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I don't like it
    Navraat wrote: »
    Feels more like football

That's probably the main problem here, Fifa should never do that, makes the game too slow.

I feel like once you get your timing down skills will be very good, but atm attacking is just trying to react to the weirdest bounces quicker and better than your opponent. It's almost all about reaction and timing, but very little about a properly flowing game.
  • chaser2k15
    13371 posts Has That Special Something
    Undecided
    I am enjoying it.

A few frustrations with it including;

- Players running away from my area when defending if i am controlling them.
    - Dribbling is non existent unless you are clear and in a lot of space ( I know it is more lifelike but this is ridiculous at times)
    - Players turn back on random occasions when you want to run forward
    - Pace is nerfed almost to the point that it could finally be the year of the Vazquez/Banega type players.
  • zzachzx
    4242 posts National Call-Up
    I like it
    I like it. Still don’t know how to attack/beat my man but I’ll have to figure that out I suppose
  • BWild
    3154 posts National Call-Up
    I like it
    Maverick wrote: »
    Hoping for a patch that brings a bit of 18 back lol. Shooting is way too random at the moment. It's possible I just haven't gotten used to it yet, but I don't think that's it.

What does everything think of the new first touch controls? I need to pay attention while I'm playing because I'm still just pressing buttons as if I'm playing 18. My players do some wacky things and I'm thinking it's because I'm holding down sprint or something when my player receives a quick pass lol

First off, no.

I really like 19 atm. The only potential problem I see happening (which really isn't a problem) is that pay to win will be that much more important. Good players with good stats are significantly better than lower rated ones.
  • M98H
    12700 posts Has That Special Something
    Undecided
    I like it. But there’s still a lot of inconsistencies that I don’t like.
    Like this for example:
    e6fbbca4-f45b-4c88-b204-c25bde321585.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=EfHh7L2%2F9c0d7%2BfE%2BuXAZ%2BzlH7r1YUo112N6beRayZg%3D
    He’s dribbling with his Neymar in the box, I read his play, make the tackle, the ball proceeded to travel through my defenders foot. He went on to score.
    Another thing I’ve noticed is shooting seems to be delayed. All my players seem hesitant in front of goal and never shoot first time.
    Also my standard B shots seem to be broke. Instead of shooting it with the laces, they shoot with this inside of the foot. Which from long range doesn’t work.
    Last things minor but a few times they’ve shot with the wrong foot. Hope it’s just me shooting it wrong but I don’t know.

Few things they can work on, but atm it seems ok.
  • CPFC16
    2073 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't like it
    CPFC16 wrote: »
    Not enjoying it so far. Seems like it’s gonna be like FIFA 18 in the sense there’s going to be a lot of overpowered players and exploits similar to low driven. It feels like FIFA 18 other than the shooting mechanics and some new skills. Also the corners are still a joke similar to FIFA 18, and the game feels slowish. Hopefully get used to it but at the moment it’s a no from me

Also to add to this, it really really annoys me they don’t care about other modes. UT and the journey aren’t the only mode on the game. Career mode and pro clubs barely get looked at year after year
  • RebelRob
    5022 posts Big Money Move
    Undecided
    Not played enough to make a proper judgement yet, but there’s still apparent bs in the game, like mad bounces in the box etc, and being able to tackle someone 2/3 times and they still get the ball back. And crossing seems op.

Apart from that it seems ok I guess. The real judgement will be a month post release to see how much they patch the gameplay as I doubt it’ll stay like this.
  • Shaanxz
    20304 posts Club Captain
    I like it

Plays like nothing 18 apart from auto blocks
  • krakos000
    17452 posts World Class
    I like it
    Its slower and not ping pong passing at the arcade. Some things feel off but slower is better. Plus it's the start of the game no one is using full TOTS players yet so ofc its going to feel slower paced etc.
  • Navraat
    Hope I'm not the only one to see the kickoff boost
  • krakos000
    17452 posts World Class
    I like it

Nope it happened on 3 of my games yesterday for and against me lol
  • Th3 UK Smurf
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Undecided
    Only played 5 games! Couple things need tweaking but overall a better tactical feel about the game
  • Navraat
    krakos000 wrote: »

Nope it happened on 3 of my games yesterday for and against me lol

It's a gamecode mechanic that remained since old fifas. Was saying last year how they just countered it instead of fixing it and got proved right
  • VICTAAAA
    10759 posts Has That Special Something
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Do defenders still auto lunge at attackers when you don’t press the tackle button?
  • Shaanxz
    20304 posts Club Captain
    I like it
    VICTAAAA wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Do defenders still auto lunge at attackers when you don’t press the tackle button?

Yeah, but you have the option too turn off defenders auto lunging in controller settings
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Undecided
    Just can’t create anything, feels a bit slow and just doesn’t feel right when on the ball and passing
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    I like it
    Seems nice so far, played a little of the journey too it's no different just a new story.

However even if you hate the journey it's worth launching it up and playing the opening game to play a 1960s game with Jon Motion commentating.
  • EddieFicio
    21404 posts Club Captain
    Undecided

The comments in there are pretty damn stupid. No wonder EA doesn't listen to their feedback.
  • Navraat
    EddieFicio wrote: »

The comments in there are pretty damn stupid. No wonder EA doesn't listen to their feedback.

reddit is like that, that's why I never wanted the like system on forums
  • I don't like it
    the game is not as good as fifa 18 for me.
    the game is slow and somehow every defended can catch up to any player.
    every player tackles mine as soon as they get the ball but my players seem to be nowhere near the opponent.
    do not like this game one bit.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20412 posts Club Captain
    EddieFicio wrote: »

reddit is like that, that's why I never wanted the like system on forums

Reddit really do be like that sometimes
  • Rb10119
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Feels too slow and shooting is horrible.
    Not even anything to do with my scrub team as it was the same in draft