Icon review & price discussion

Comments

• Tymsy83
    872 posts Semi-Pro
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Tubpac wrote: »
    Bought my man Prime Lampard last night.
    What a player he is. The runs he makes into the box is just like he was in his career. 94 long shots and 92 shot power. I love watching the goals flying in when the goalkeeper dont know what hit him.
    Very solid overall can do evertything tbh. Picked him up last night for just under 900k.

Finally someone other than me posts something good about the greatest midfielder in PL history. :)

Pires?
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6325 posts Big Money Move
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Wondering if it's best to buy cheaper Icons like Larsson, Lineker to hold or go for the expensive ones like Cruyff or Eusebio or Socrates, Or just sit on coins and build a cheaper team with high rated golds? Have 3 mil but with BO4 releasing Fri and RDR2 coming soon I'm probably going to be playing less Fifa over the next month or so.

This is precisely why i'm holding my coins, i'll be playing a stupid amount of COD Blackout on the PC so i doubt i'll bother with Fifa apart from weekend league and a tiny bit of rivals when i'm bored so i'm just holding coins now until Black Friday
  • Zv1k0
    5792 posts Big Money Move
    Tymsy83 wrote: »
    Tubpac wrote: »
    Bought my man Prime Lampard last night.
    What a player he is. The runs he makes into the box is just like he was in his career. 94 long shots and 92 shot power. I love watching the goals flying in when the goalkeeper dont know what hit him.
    Very solid overall can do evertything tbh. Picked him up last night for just under 900k.

Finally someone other than me posts something good about the greatest midfielder in PL history. :)

Pires?

Bakayoko.
  • ICE_UP_SON
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone tried prime Makelele? Currently using 86 Gullit as a CDM but I’m looking to make a change. Or who would the best icon CDM be?
  • Zv1k0
    ICE_UP_SON wrote: »
    Anyone tried prime Makelele? Currently using 86 Gullit as a CDM but I’m looking to make a change. Or who would the best icon CDM be?

Interested in Makelele too. How is Gullit if you don't mind sharing?
  • ICE_UP_SON
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2018
    ICE_UP_SON wrote: »

Interested in Makelele too. How is Gullit if you don't mind sharing?

86 Gullit is solid. I really like his height and he doesn’t have a true weakness though he feels a bit clunky to me. He also doesn’t make some of the interceptions I expect that position to make.

I’m playing him a a CDM in a 4-1-2-1-2. I put him there because I always wanted to try him and needed some height but I think I could do better defensively. I would move him to Cam but I’ve got Messi there and he is unreal this year especially at CAM.

• BrieMine
    5646 posts Big Money Move
    Prime Seedorf very disappointing, just not great at all, passing is good but other then that nothing standout in game for an prime icon over 1.1 mill
  • ha032742
    34898 posts Moderator
    BrieMine wrote: »
    Prime Seedorf very disappointing, just not great at all, passing is good but other then that nothing standout in game for an prime icon over 1.1 mill

88 is better
  • BrieMine
    5646 posts Big Money Move
    90 Stoichkov very good! I play him at LW/ST because I change formation a lot during games and he’s great in both positions. I really like him tbh
  • Should i buy 86 or 88 Lampard OR 89 Scholes? It’s so hard to choose between them.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    88 Figo is elite lads, the best icon I've used by far, can only imagine how good his prime version is, bet he will be meta over Best. Truly incredible, feels silky smooth on the ball. He is fast, strong, makes brilliant runs, is one of the most versatile icons in the game. You can play him in so many positions and he has 4* 4*.

His passing is majestic, he is OP at delivering corners and his finishing is sublime. He rarely misses chances and don't think I'll sell him now. I've a cheap team around him, but he is still winning me games in Rivals single handedly and currently at 1866 skill rating.

20181009_202058.png
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro_G wrote: »
    88 Figo is elite lads, the best icon I've used by far, can only imagine how good his prime version is, bet he will be meta over Best. Truly incredible, feels silky smooth on the ball. He is fast, strong, makes brilliant runs, is one of the most versatile icons in the game. You can play him in so many positions and he has 4* 4*.

His passing is majestic, he is OP at delivering corners and his finishing is sublime. He rarely misses chances and don't think I'll sell him now. I've a cheap team around him, but he is still winning me games in Rivals single handedly and currently at 1866 skill rating.

20181009_202058.png

Wanna play a 1v1?? My psn same as here
  • Retro_G
    tetsu0jin wrote: »

20181009_202058.png

Wanna play a 1v1?? My psn same as here

I'm not on console at the moment mate, I'll add you when I'm back on, give you a game.
  • Amdp9
    2911 posts National Call-Up
    Need to decide between Butragueño vs Stoichkov attacking stats are similar except physical.. but 600k price difference who is better ?
  • Amdp9
    Manda1997 wrote: »
    So which Icons are y'all recommending?? Have 1.5mill for a team and no idea who to build around

@Manda1997 did you find any yet ?? I am torn between Stoichkov vs Butragueño
  • abbey621
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    So which Icons are y'all recommending?? Have 1.5mill for a team and no idea who to build around

42 goals in 40 games so far for Prime Stoichkov, very fast and smooth. Played with 90 rated Butra for bout 20 games and he felt weak but also felt fast. Definitely go for Stoich.
  • Retro_G
    abbey621 wrote: »

42 goals in 40 games so far for Prime Stoichkov, very fast and smooth. Played with 90 rated Butra for bout 20 games and he felt weak but also felt fast. Definitely go for Stoich.

I was thinking about getting Stoichkov before Figo, his stats do look great, but that 3* weak foot turned me off the card. When you're playing them close games in fut champs, that 3* weak foot will cost you games. He will never be meta.
  • Lunty
    2452 posts Fans' Favourite
    PRIME GERRARD

Team;

(Swap Gerrard and Auba in game)

Don’t have his stats at the moment as the mobile app isn’t great for accuracy, although he’s got over a goal/assist per game

Gerrard is an amazing card i need to say off the bat

Pace - 7.7/10 :wink: says on the card 77, but i’d say he feels around 85 in game, he makes decent runs and outpaces quite a few of the top defenders

Shooting - 9.7/10, his finesse shots outside the box, and finishing inside the box is the best i’ve used so far, marking him down by .3 for me not knowing how to take proper longshots yet. His free kicks are decent aswell.

Passing - 9.5/10, short passing, long passing, the guys incredible at finding a teammate, no issues so far with passing, his corners are superb also.

Dribbling - 6/10. Now gerrard was never known as a massive skiller or silky dribbler, this is shown in this card, he feels stiff on the ball at times, it’s my
    One weak point of the card, turns like a bus

Defending - ??? I play him CAM and set him to stay forward at the moment, so can’t judge his defending

Physical - 8/10, 84 Physical on the card, i think it’s an accurate representation of him on the field, he’s strong on the ball muscles off most midfielders, he’s aggressive when it comes to tackling, and fairly decent in the air for his 6 foot frame

Overall rating thus far - 9/10

He’s a super centre attacking midfielder, he can pass, shoot the lot, eventually i’ll be dropping back to centre midfield to see how he does there but i can honestly see the guy being an endgame card
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up

I love 90 butra. Absolutely incredible CF or ST, increidbly quick on the ball and has a killer shot on him. Has breakaway speed if sent through and can jump out the stadium.
  • Amdp9

<3
  • Amdp9

I was thinking about getting Stoichkov before Figo, his stats do look great, but that 3* weak foot turned me off the card. When you're playing them close games in fut champs, that 3* weak foot will cost you games. He will never be meta.

@Retro who are you using ?
  • abbey621
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Unless a patch happens, most strikers in this game avoid shooting with their weak foot. He just does not miss, weak foot feels more like 4 stars for me, he is on par with prime Crespo for me.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero

prime stoichkov all day, got 85 goals and loads of assists in 50ish games for me mostly div 4, 3 and some weekend league.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    BrieMine wrote: »

disappointed with prime seedorf myself, I mean he get about an assist per game but feel clunky and often gets dispossessed of the ball. I will stick with him for now till I can get socrates or something.

Also not 100% sure about prime roy keane, I really want him to be good as his one of my fav footballers growing up but pretty sure kante did a better job for me in the cdm role.
  • Amdp9
    End up getting Baby Pele like last year, and looking to keep him for a while now, I shall post the reviews about him soon. I was most satisfied last year with him hopefully didn't make b ad decision
  • Retro_G

@Retro who are you using ?

Figo
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    anyone tried socrates? might be able to afford him if I sell keane and seedorf, would be my cam in 41212(2).

So far seedorf and pires both prime been underwhelming there, only bad thing with socrates is his balance but rest looks sick
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Tried prime Scholes, Van Nistelboy and Ballack
    If anyone's interested in any of those reviews, let me know
  • Zv1k0
    Advait wrote: »
    Tried prime Scholes, Van Nistelboy and Ballack
    If anyone's interested in any of those reviews, let me know

All of them. ;)
  • Tubpac
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero