Icon review & price discussion

Comments

• Alexrb89
    3450 posts National Call-Up
    Drizzt wrote: »
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    Drizzt wrote: »
    When building your team's and going for an icon, what position do you like to build a team around?

I'm wanting to start again with my team and selling my Socrates to try a new icon. I've 1.5mil to spend and I'm torn between building a team around Rivaldo, Figo or Best.

I'm learning towards 90 Best and playing him as my main striker on 7 chem, but I've always loved Rivaldo but I'm hearing his 92 is meh?

Maybe buy 3 baby icons and build a spine or is 1 top icon better than 3?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 👍🏽

Cheers all.

Would you recommend building around socrates? I’m thinking the 89 version in a false 9?

I love him and will be buying him back again(and again) 😉.

My problem is I suffer from iconoritus and I'm constantly looking to find that fun icon and it's costs me an arm and a leg as I tend to buy high sell low 😥.

He doesn't have to be game changing but obviously that helps, but I just want that fun factor as winning isn't everything for me.

Socrates so far his 89 gets 10 outta 10 and his 87 9.5 outta 10.

On a side note and tin foil hat time, but why do players play amazing for 10-15 games and then become ok? Do EA deliberately make your top players play worse with diminishing returns to get you to buy more players???? 😂🤣😉

Okay so it s a go! I have the same issue, I buy and sell at all the wrong times. It’s only a game tho and it’s easier than ever to make coins now so I’m not too fussed. I’m not sure I agree with your theory, to the contrary for me. I need to use a player for about 30 games to get used to him properly and know exactly how to use him, it’s then I get the return on investment.
  • Tubpac
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bought my man Prime Lampard last night.
    What a player he is. The runs he makes into the box is just like he was in his career. 94 long shots and 92 shot power. I love watching the goals flying in when the goalkeeper dont know what hit him.
    Very solid overall can do evertything tbh. Picked him up last night for just under 900k.
  • Zv1k0
    5792 posts Big Money Move
    Tubpac wrote: »
    What a player he is. The runs he makes into the box is just like he was in his career. 94 long shots and 92 shot power. I love watching the goals flying in when the goalkeeper dont know what hit him.
    Very solid overall can do evertything tbh. Picked him up last night for just under 900k.

Finally someone other than me posts something good about the greatest midfielder in PL history. :)
  • Alexrb89
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

Finally someone other than me posts something good about the greatest midfielder in PL history. :)

You have been posting about scholes? 😜
  • BrieMine
    5646 posts Big Money Move

I have to agree, had him and Gerrard and they compliment each other so well. Their passing is so good and they both my brilliant runs into the box.. definitely both worth the coins imo.
  • Stranger to stability
    20 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    Prime Kluivert has joined the club, 30 goals and loads of assists in 24 games so far. Really good Targetman: strong, great jumping and heading, good passing and vision, also pretty agile, 4*4 and the pace is a bonus. 9/10
  • Hristanya
    63 posts Park Captain
    Anyone used Prime Nedved here? Wanna do a RTG around him.
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Looking at getting an icon Cm to partner 89 ballack and prime Keane.

Will be playing LCM who have people used and rated?
  • ha032742
    34898 posts Moderator
    Equinox 85 wrote: »
    Looking at getting an icon Cm to partner 89 ballack and prime Keane.

Will be playing LCM who have people used and rated?

Seedorf, Veron, Gullit have all had positive reviews.
  • Tennster10
    1764 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    Base guttuso vs allen?
  • Torminator
    1289 posts Professional
    Just played a few games with 90 Zola and i am really impressed. His finesse shots are insane as well as his passing. I use him as striker and his size and strength is no issue at all. 9/10
  • Alexrb89
    Been using prime crespo for 30 games now. He has scored 36 goals and registered 13 assists. Very good target man. I do think his finishing could be more clinical as he has hit the post on numerous occasions it should have gone. He isn’t particularly fun to play with either , slightly clunky imo when dribbling. So all in all he is worth the coins if you want a goal scorer, but if you are looking for a fun player to use I would look elsewhere. 8/10
  • dregana08
    3749 posts National Call-Up
    Just entering this thread as I've finally built myself a half decent coin stack. I need a budget icon ST (around 400-450k MAX). Currently looking at 87 Shearer or 87 Inzaghi (I want a powerful striker who is great in the air). Also considering 86 RVN.

Any suggestions?
  • I need help. Should i go for Scholes or is there better CM/CDM/CAM Icons for about 600-800k?
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is my Icons now.

Swapped Blanc with Rio (didn't plan but just listed Blanc overnight for a high price and he sold), got seedorf in and Keane for Kante.

Unsure if Keane is much better than Kante yet, did get 6-0 in WL (didn't have time play more) with Kante as my CDM also not sure about Seedorf, considering a new CAM but only "upgrade" would be gullit or prime maradona etc which I don't have the coinage for.

af1ccb3dc271eab377a46ec662e54f85.jpg
  • Any reviews about Baggio?
  • Recoba10
    1164 posts Professional
    I have 85 Pires and 88 Lehmann. Both are so... average, almost useless.
    I got them in preparation for prime SBCs. If your plan is to buy of the two, just for using an icon in your team, change your mind and buy something else.
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bombardir wrote: »
    Any reviews about Baggio?

Let me say if insigne plsys better for me as a cf
  • any one tried rivaldo yet?
  • pedro___
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Guys, the cheapest Icons are now 230/250k. Do you think they will increase to 500k when Icon SBC is out, as last year?
  • Cameron-NCAFC
    1060 posts Professional
    Anyone tried middle Scholes?
  • TitanXX
    456 posts An Exciting Prospect
    dregana08 wrote: »
    Just entering this thread as I've finally built myself a half decent coin stack. I need a budget icon ST (around 400-450k MAX). Currently looking at 87 Shearer or 87 Inzaghi (I want a powerful striker who is great in the air). Also considering 86 RVN.

Any suggestions?

Would also like to know this!
  • Recoba10
    1164 posts Professional
    edited October 2018
    pedro___ wrote: »
    Guys, the cheapest Icons are now 230/250k. Do you think they will increase to 500k when Icon SBC is out, as last year?

I see cheapest central players (CDM -> ST) from 300k to 500k and GK, for SBCs when 2 or 3 icons are required, from 230k to 400k.
  • Oscaaaar
    1227 posts Professional
    pedro___ wrote: »

We dont even know if we are getting Icon SBCs.
  • tetsu0jin
    If u had 3.7m coins would u guys get a big icon like prime cruyff and build from there or have a stacked team with cr7 neymar bale etc
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6325 posts Big Money Move
    tetsu0jin wrote: »
    If u had 3.7m coins would u guys get a big icon like prime cruyff and build from there or have a stacked team with cr7 neymar bale etc

I'm just saving majority of my coins atm until Black Friday, got around 5million in liquid and then a Prime Crespo which i'll probably never sell tbh
  • Yermawfc
    2051 posts Fans' Favourite
    any one tried rivaldo yet?

Id like to know this too
  • tetsu0jin
    edited October 2018
    @i2-TempZ-2i Thats in around 1.5months ye? I remember last year prices plummeted sooo hard. I guess ur right.
  • xFATAL
    4037 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    Wondering if it's best to buy cheaper Icons like Larsson, Lineker to hold or go for the expensive ones like Cruyff or Eusebio or Socrates, Or just sit on coins and build a cheaper team with high rated golds? Have 3 mil but with BO4 releasing Fri and RDR2 coming soon I'm probably going to be playing less Fifa over the next month or so.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6325 posts Big Money Move
    tetsu0jin wrote: »
    @i2-TempZ-2i Thats in around 1.5months ye? I remember last year prices plummeted sooo hard. I guess ur right.

Yeah will be on 23rd November this year and prices will probably crash like mad