Icon review & price discussion

Comments

• philip7500
    65 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2018
    If you guys had 2m and was gonna buy an icon striker, who would you got? really considering buying prime socrates and use him as an striker
  • DougInskip
    6286 posts League Winner
    Anyone used Prime Van Basten lads? @ me if you don’t mind, cheers
  • DougInskip
    6286 posts League Winner
    edited October 2018
    @tetsu0jin @naz_sohan I packed 85 Rui Costa lads and currently use him CF in 4411. He’s class, feels proper classy, quick, great dribbling, finishing and passing. Assuming the 88 is even better. Kept hold as holding out for icon SBCs to drive his price up another 100k or so.
  • I’m thinking about buying, prime Rivaldo, for Lm Prime Seddorf as Cm and Baresi or Cannavaro. Do you guys have any reviews on them??
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Went with baby baggio. Guy is awesome!
  • Tboon
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    tetsu0jin wrote: »

Nice! So you like him? I went for Rivaldo 87, so far he's brilliant for me.
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tboon wrote: »
    tetsu0jin wrote: »

Nice! So you like him? I went for Rivaldo 87, so far he's brilliant for me.

Yeah guy is fast has deadly shot. Good fk taker and corner. Nice passing too. Can dribble as well.
  • Deano95
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What icon would by say is a must have and to build a team around? 1.3m for the whole team
  • cantonagod
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    89 Lineker been superb for me - 18 goals in 12 online games - split between WL and rivals
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @DougInskip Prime MVB is a tank. Dribbling isn’t his strongest point however his aerial ability and his clinical finishing is what makes the card!
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    How is 88 Roberto Carlos? Considering getting him
  • DougInskip
    6286 posts League Winner
    @Equinox 85 cheers, pace feel ok?
  • Tboon
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    I really recommend base Rivaldo. He feels very agile and his dribbling is so much fun. He's the perfect player in my team (false 9, 433-5). I was afraid of his weak foot, but it isnt a problem at all.

No I'm out of coins and i can built a new team around him :).
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DougInskip wrote: »
    @Equinox 85 cheers, pace feel ok?

@DougInskip personally I don’t find it an issue as I don’t try and blitz past the back line. I use him to hold the ball up and create space.
  • Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Still waiting for prime Shevchenko review. :p

Me too!
  • Tennster10
    1768 posts Play-Off Hero
    Any review on 88 Vieri? He look fun but very low agility and balance.
  • chasepluto
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    any review on 90 lampard and 9 ballack?? who is better for CAM position
  • FCKopenhagenFAN
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    I know its not alot to draw from but played 3 div 4 games so far with 90 nistlerooy and he scored a hattrick in each of them
  • Zv1k0
    5873 posts Big Money Move
    chasepluto wrote: »
    any review on 90 lampard and 9 ballack?? who is better for CAM position

Using Lampard at CAM in 352. Amazing, box to box stamina for days, helps in defence, transitions great to attack, makes great runs. Passing is brilliant, finesse shots are amazing and finishing inside the box with powered up timed shot is a goal. Long range shots are going to be even better when they fix that side foot bug. If you give him powerhouse chem style he basically has 99 passing and great boost in defence which makes him suited for pretty much any midfield position. I love him. :D

Didn't try Ballack yet.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    phenom7982 wrote: »
    I’m thinking about buying, prime Rivaldo, for Lm Prime Seddorf as Cm and Baresi or Cannavaro. Do you guys have any reviews on them??

use prime seedorf as my cam, only played 5 WL games but he's been class, holds up and distribute the ball well and don't get bullied off the ball. its also good that he got some grit so he can intercept build up plays and turn it into dangerous attacks.

Got really good shooting too.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    philip7500 wrote: »
    If you guys had 2m and was gonna buy an icon striker, who would you got? really considering buying prime socrates and use him as an striker

Stoichkov prime hands down, mentioned him 3 times now but don't care cause he's that good. 47 goals in 24 games and most is div 4,3 and WL.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Spillaren wrote: »

Stoichkov prime hands down, mentioned him 3 times now but don't care cause he's that good. 47 goals in 24 games and most is div 4,3 and WL.

I’ll never trust a M/M striker again
  • xFATAL
    4041 posts National Call-Up
    sounders3 wrote: »

He's been amazing for me. I use him at LM in 352 and LB with my 4ATB gameplan formations. Probably my most important player on the team.
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    xFATAL wrote: »
    sounders3 wrote: »

He's been amazing for me. I use him at LM in 352 and LB with my 4ATB gameplan formations. Probably my most important player on the team.

Good to hear, yeah he would slot into LM in my 352 variant as well. Looking to pick one up. Just waiting for a price I like!
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero

look at his traits, if you got on stay forward and get in behind you won't notice, he have try to beat the defensive line etc, score all kinds of goals with him from making smart runs, volleys, long shots, pass to him in the box etc, usually the furthest ahead on the pitch for me. Im not a great fifa player but 47 goals in 24 games is pretty sick for a striker.
  • ha032742
    35032 posts Moderator

look at his traits, if you got on stay forward and get in behind you won't notice, he have try to beat the defensive line etc, score all kinds of goals with him from making smart runs, volleys, long shots, pass to him in the box etc, usually the furthest ahead on the pitch for me. Im not a great fifa player but 47 goals in 24 games is pretty sick for a striker.

I believe “beats the defensive line” doesn’t exist in FUT anymore. It’s only present if he’s in the AI’s team.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    ha032742 wrote: »

I believe “beats the defensive line” doesn’t exist in FUT anymore. It’s only present if he’s in the AI’s team.

oh really, he do make killer runs to get behind the line thou, was almost buying raul instead because of he had better WR and WF + some height but stoichkovs stats are just next level so pulled the trigger and now Im a fanboy.
  • Manda1997
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    So which Icons are y'all recommending?? Have 1.5mill for a team and no idea who to build around
  • BrieMine
    5650 posts Big Money Move
    91 Cruyff review. Played 29 games 20 goals and 9 assists in weekend league at CF. Honestly not impressed as I hoped. He had his moments but most of the time he’d just get out muscled and fall over tbh. Messi>Cruyff this year especially fitness wise
  • ha032742
    35032 posts Moderator
    BrieMine wrote: »
    91 Cruyff review. Played 29 games 20 goals and 9 assists in weekend league at CF. Honestly not impressed as I hoped. He had his moments but most of the time he’d just get out muscled and fall over tbh. Messi>Cruyff this year especially fitness wise

Knew the hype was false :trollface: