Icon review & price discussion

Comments

• Chavez76
    1491 posts Play-Off Hero
    Spillaren wrote: »
    Current team, overpaid for kante and mbappe most likely, gonna get TOTY varane and if pogba gets a TOTY I might sell vieira for him

9db32d5f0ddd4fe246153ad2b1b98c90.jpg

you completed the game already, can stop now :)
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Current team, overpaid for kante and mbappe most likely, gonna get TOTY varane and if pogba gets a TOTY I might sell vieira for him

Gg for the game mate as you could prolly tell i had my daughter sjtting next to me and had to close the game as soon as our game ended. Some thoughts on ur squad. Kante didnt feel all that special. You didnt use alot of mbappe u were mostly trying with r96 which was a pain in the **** what a player. Eusebio didnt do much at all. Hmmm i think u should change ur formation and u have to get cr7 back instead of eusebio or sell kante and get kante nif. Some small thoughts dunno if of any help.
  • Bread
    137 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bread wrote: »
    Did sol Campbell sbc last night.

Wow

People saying not that great turns like a tank what u saying ?

Love him, absolute beast, swats players like flies
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    tetsu0jin wrote: »

Gg for the game mate as you could prolly tell i had my daughter sjtting next to me and had to close the game as soon as our game ended. Some thoughts on ur squad. Kante didnt feel all that special. You didnt use alot of mbappe u were mostly trying with r96 which was a pain in the **** what a player. Eusebio didnt do much at all. Hmmm i think u should change ur formation and u have to get cr7 back instead of eusebio or sell kante and get kante nif. Some small thoughts dunno if of any help.

gg, was 1 bar latency so couldn't get any thing going really, lets play again and Im hosting?
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anyone tried KDB? considering selling eusebio for him and freeing up cash for TOTY Van Dijk as well
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    tetsu0jin wrote: »

gg, was 1 bar latency so couldn't get any thing going really, lets play again and Im hosting?

Yeah sure! I can play later tonight if ur on!
  • Sandell85
    7483 posts League Winner

433 for everyone on full chem ? :)
  • Didier Drogba
    43 posts Park Captain
    Should I get shevchenko or TOTY Silva ? Or should i wait and see how the rest of the week pans out
  • Trafford_Robert5
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Who would you choose for CAM for 2.5m or less?
  • ha032742
    33956 posts Moderator

No Ruud? I feel a lot of the TOTY cards are overrated. Players like Ruud still are better in my eyes than Kante and co.
  • Jaymizzo
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    If Van Basten or Bergkamp don't require an icon I'm gonna be so happy. Would be doing then for almost 440k liquid pre rewards.
  • freakjas
    4041 posts National Call-Up
    ha032742 wrote: »

No Ruud? I feel a lot of the TOTY cards are overrated. Players like Ruud still are better in my eyes than Kante and co.

Was a bit confused at first that you compare the striker ruud van nistelrooy to kante :D :D
  • Trafford_Robert5
    Is Base/Middle Cruyff's strength and stamina a problem if playing him as a CAM?
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    ha032742 wrote: »

Kante is incredible, didn't get on with him at first and lost a lot of games playing frustrated but then went from 1800 to 1980 skill points in rivals after getting used to Kante. I know for most ppl seeing my team you would expect more but I never been a really good fifa player just above average.

Kante complements Vieira extremely well, he never miss a pass, like they are lazer esque and help you dominate the midfield in an other way than just brute force. Also with an Anchor chem his jumping is good, had him out jump CR7 to clear the ball yday.

Really like this Kante card more and more as I play, he do obv come up with clutch interception, tackles and just pops up everywhere on the field not to mention he can actually shoot now if you decide to involve him in a build up play and he end up in the opposition box he got the stats to back it.

Never been able to keep control of the midfield after some games yesterday with Kante-Vieira duo
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sandell85 wrote: »

433 for everyone on full chem ? :)

lol probably original team was a bit different but ty for the heads up, bought Lala to get full chem but like juanfran better so guess I can change back now
  • Trafford_Robert5
    is 1.95m a good price for 89 Cruyff?
  • xFATAL
    3912 posts National Call-Up
    1.9mil for Prime Matthaus and I still can't pull the trigger. :'(

• Didier Drogba
    43 posts Park Captain
    Lampard 90 or Gerrard 91? who's better?
  • Jaymizzo
    xFATAL wrote: »

I wish I didn't do Ballack now. Regret starting to set in :D
  • xFATAL
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

I'm enjoying Ballack. Completed pretty cheap because of the League upgrade packs and Submitted untradeable Prime Keane. Still have all the packs saved for full TOTY.

Used TOTY Kante about 15 games before I sold(For a loss) and didn't really notice a huge difference between him and Prime Matthaus.
  • Jaymizzo
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

I'm enjoying Ballack. Completed pretty cheap because of the League upgrade packs and Submitted untradeable Prime Keane. Still have all the packs saved for full TOTY.

Used TOTY Kante about 15 games before I sold(For a loss) and didn't really notice a huge difference between him and Prime Matthaus.

Damn, that's harsh on the loss. Feel that you could have gained a large profit if you held off for a week, TOTY next week will definitely shoot up in price.

Don't get me wrong on Ballack, he is enjoyable. I loved Goretzka and Ballack is a significantly better player so I can feel the difference. Not many midfielders are as solid. But given that my return in the Icons I did was terrible (Rui, Rivaldo and Ballack packs were awful) I feel like I could have been better off with saving the coins for Prime Matthaus SBC or buy him at 1.9mil.

Prime Icons to me feel totally different and behave differently than most players. Stats really don't change that.
  • EricVanDerek
    528 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Kante complements Vieira extremely well, he never miss a pass, like they are lazer esque and help you dominate the midfield in an other way than just brute force. Also with an Anchor chem his jumping is good, had him out jump CR7 to clear the ball yday.

Really like this Kante card more and more as I play, he do obv come up with clutch interception, tackles and just pops up everywhere on the field not to mention he can actually shoot now if you decide to involve him in a build up play and he end up in the opposition box he got the stats to back it.

Interesting to hear your thoughts on Kante.

I've got the NIF version - also with an Anchor card on him, and whilst I love him to bits, I occasionally find his passing a bit imprecise, and he's missed a few simple shots (pushing it wide from about the penalty spot - and no, I'm not trying to finesse).

The thought of a laser-precise-passing, clutch-finishing Kante is salivating, but unfortunately I'd have to sell my whole club and mortgage my grandmother to afford him...
  • BrieMine
    5644 posts Big Money Move
    Lampard 90 or Gerrard 91? who's better?

Definitely Gerrard but Lampards very good and very similar
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero

Interesting to hear your thoughts on Kante.

I've got the NIF version - also with an Anchor card on him, and whilst I love him to bits, I occasionally find his passing a bit imprecise, and he's missed a few simple shots (pushing it wide from about the penalty spot - and no, I'm not trying to finesse).

The thought of a laser-precise-passing, clutch-finishing Kante is salivating, but unfortunately I'd have to sell my whole club and mortgage my grandmother to afford him...

not at the rate he's going down in price of now, probably can pick him up for 1.5m before monday
  • Eisenhardt
    4109 posts National Call-Up

I almost bought for 2.05 this morning. I need to decide on a team here soon. I hate being able to afford all these cards all of a sudden :D
  • lastfifa
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    Did loan Best and what a card. Damn he is smooth... i can do sbc for 700k and those coins i can get from selling pretty much every unused informs. My problem is if i do Best my attack is done for the rest of fifa 19. As my attack would be untreadabe and potm Hazard with prime Zola won't be leaving my team.
  • xFATAL
    Eisenhardt wrote: »

I almost bought for 2.05 this morning. I need to decide on a team here soon. I hate being able to afford all these cards all of a sudden :D

No idea when to buy. Just gonna focus on opening all my packs today I guess and monitor prices.
  • miri
    2616 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is Base/Middle Cruyff's strength and stamina a problem if playing him as a CAM?

He's really strong, but he's zapped by the 75th minute. I'm moving mine to ST and getting TOTY KDB for CAM. o:)
  • FrankLampard
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What an icon striker should I get for under 1 million coins or instead what icon midfielder should I get for under a million coins
  • YellowKicks
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Packed TOTY Mbappe and feel he'd be wasted on the right. With this in mind it's time to say goodbye to CR7 (He kinda annoys me anyway) - Who'd be the best central icon to eventually move to RAM. Eusebio, Cruyff or maybe Ronaldinho?

Would love some advice!