Icon review & price discussion

Comments

  • Nicku32
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    Bought Prime Maradona this weekend and after 21 games he has 30 goals and 15 assists from CAM. I made the change from 91 Ronaldinho and so far the return has been a lot better.

    Using him in 433(4)

    De Gea
    Walker UCLL Davinson Sanchez IF Robertson
    IF Gundogan Maradona UCLL Fabinho
    POTM Lucas IF Kane IF Neymar

    When the delay feels pretty much absent he feels pretty much unstoppable (Compared using him during the day on Saturday when the delay felt worse than it ever had done before in my experience and then Sunday evening where the connection felt perfectly fine). Comparing to Ronaldinho his positioning definitely feels a lot better and as does his passing and shooting. 3* WF doesn't feel like a massive issue so far, but generally even with 5* weak foot I tend to always end up trying to use their stronger foot so I guess this isn't as big an issue for me. He obviously doesn't feel that strong but at the same time feels decent holding onto the ball for someone so small. Stamina feels better than Ronaldinho but at the same time I think I try to pressure less with him because he is so small and weak I know it would just be a waste of his energy.

    What did I tell you ;)

    ;) ;) I still think Ronaldinho might be a better option overall just because the servers and delay unfortunately but so far so good. What team do you use him in? (sorry if you told me already but I forgot).
  • miri
    2613 posts Fans' Favourite
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Anyone here can review 93 Baggio? Or should I stick to getting Prime Zola? Using as a CAM behind Aguero and Kane

    @limjitwe I used for just over 100 games. Really great card who I enjoyed a lot. Amazing passing and dribbling, decent finesse shots but can occasionally let you down with his 1v1 finishing. He maintained just over 1 goal or assist per game with me during the time I had him. I got him for around 1.1m which I thought was fairly cheap for the quality you get.
  • KinggHuss
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    Bought Prime Maradona this weekend and after 21 games he has 30 goals and 15 assists from CAM. I made the change from 91 Ronaldinho and so far the return has been a lot better.

    Using him in 433(4)

    De Gea
    Walker UCLL Davinson Sanchez IF Robertson
    IF Gundogan Maradona UCLL Fabinho
    POTM Lucas IF Kane IF Neymar

    When the delay feels pretty much absent he feels pretty much unstoppable (Compared using him during the day on Saturday when the delay felt worse than it ever had done before in my experience and then Sunday evening where the connection felt perfectly fine). Comparing to Ronaldinho his positioning definitely feels a lot better and as does his passing and shooting. 3* WF doesn't feel like a massive issue so far, but generally even with 5* weak foot I tend to always end up trying to use their stronger foot so I guess this isn't as big an issue for me. He obviously doesn't feel that strong but at the same time feels decent holding onto the ball for someone so small. Stamina feels better than Ronaldinho but at the same time I think I try to pressure less with him because he is so small and weak I know it would just be a waste of his energy.

    What did I tell you ;)

    ;) ;) I still think Ronaldinho might be a better option overall just because the servers and delay unfortunately but so far so good. What team do you use him in? (sorry if you told me already but I forgot).

    Already sold him for a good profit bro. I only play with CAM's with 5* WF. It becomes an addiction once you test it out.
  • seabo
    1378 posts Professional
    Spillaren wrote: »
    anyone tried mid Gerrard as CDM? Considering partnering him with Vieira, looks decent with an anchor chemistry on him

    061d54654e171e1661a3e2a323201c64.png

    Haven't tried but looks alright for people that are attack minded. Will have much better ball skills and shooting than most other CDMs while being adequate in defence.
  • Eisenhardt
    4109 posts National Call-Up
    Eisenhardt wrote: »
    2nd best CDM after vieira? Keane? Rijkaard?

    I liked Petit a lot when I had him. Haven't tried Rijkaard yet but he looks amazing on paper.

    Prime version?

    Yes the prime. Although last year I used the middle version and he was as good as the prime tbh.


    Spillaren wrote: »
    Mathew1606 wrote: »
    So this happened yesterday, not able to play for a few weeks, is he decent or sell?


    ff5e2b3574dccbeb4706549518c9d5c4.jpg

    Great CB, unsure about CDM thou might be a bit un agile.

    Get CB Rijkaard and switch IG. Grats on the pull @Mathew1606
  • Nicku32
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    Bought Prime Maradona this weekend and after 21 games he has 30 goals and 15 assists from CAM. I made the change from 91 Ronaldinho and so far the return has been a lot better.

    Using him in 433(4)

    De Gea
    Walker UCLL Davinson Sanchez IF Robertson
    IF Gundogan Maradona UCLL Fabinho
    POTM Lucas IF Kane IF Neymar

    When the delay feels pretty much absent he feels pretty much unstoppable (Compared using him during the day on Saturday when the delay felt worse than it ever had done before in my experience and then Sunday evening where the connection felt perfectly fine). Comparing to Ronaldinho his positioning definitely feels a lot better and as does his passing and shooting. 3* WF doesn't feel like a massive issue so far, but generally even with 5* weak foot I tend to always end up trying to use their stronger foot so I guess this isn't as big an issue for me. He obviously doesn't feel that strong but at the same time feels decent holding onto the ball for someone so small. Stamina feels better than Ronaldinho but at the same time I think I try to pressure less with him because he is so small and weak I know it would just be a waste of his energy.

    What did I tell you ;)

    ;) ;) I still think Ronaldinho might be a better option overall just because the servers and delay unfortunately but so far so good. What team do you use him in? (sorry if you told me already but I forgot).

    Already sold him for a good profit bro. I only play with CAM's with 5* WF. It becomes an addiction once you test it out.

    What team you using atm? I bought my Maradona for 3430k. Will make a loss no doubt when I sell.
  • IxToMxI
    4841 posts Big Money Move
    Tradey wrote: »
    Is there much difference between Prime Best and the middle one in anyone's experience?

    Haven’t tried the prime yet, he’s my next to get, using the 90 currently never feel the stamina tbf, depends what people do makes me laugh tbf, if 76 stamina is not enough just shows the people that hold sprint all game and/or defend with their attackers.
  • KinggHuss
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    Bought Prime Maradona this weekend and after 21 games he has 30 goals and 15 assists from CAM. I made the change from 91 Ronaldinho and so far the return has been a lot better.

    Using him in 433(4)

    De Gea
    Walker UCLL Davinson Sanchez IF Robertson
    IF Gundogan Maradona UCLL Fabinho
    POTM Lucas IF Kane IF Neymar

    When the delay feels pretty much absent he feels pretty much unstoppable (Compared using him during the day on Saturday when the delay felt worse than it ever had done before in my experience and then Sunday evening where the connection felt perfectly fine). Comparing to Ronaldinho his positioning definitely feels a lot better and as does his passing and shooting. 3* WF doesn't feel like a massive issue so far, but generally even with 5* weak foot I tend to always end up trying to use their stronger foot so I guess this isn't as big an issue for me. He obviously doesn't feel that strong but at the same time feels decent holding onto the ball for someone so small. Stamina feels better than Ronaldinho but at the same time I think I try to pressure less with him because he is so small and weak I know it would just be a waste of his energy.

    What did I tell you ;)

    ;) ;) I still think Ronaldinho might be a better option overall just because the servers and delay unfortunately but so far so good. What team do you use him in? (sorry if you told me already but I forgot).

    Already sold him for a good profit bro. I only play with CAM's with 5* WF. It becomes an addiction once you test it out.

    What team you using atm? I bought my Maradona for 3430k. Will make a loss no doubt when I sell.

    4-5-1

    DDG
    Walker - Prime Ferdinand - Sergio Ramos - Jordi Alba
    Prime Makelele
    Salah - KDB - TOTGS Eriksen - Prime Nedved
    Prime Shevchenko

    Swapping Prime Shevchenko for Prime Butragueno before the weekend league Starts.
  • Eisenhardt
    4109 posts National Call-Up
    Any of you guys actually tried prime Gerrard? I wanna get the guy just because I always liked him IRL but I keep hearing he's not worth the coins IG.
  • xFATAL
    3912 posts National Call-Up
    Really liking Prime Stoichkov. His only flaw is that 3* wf but so far hasn't been a problem.
  • KinggHuss
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Really liking Prime Stoichkov. His only flaw is that 3* wf but so far hasn't been a problem.

    what formation are you using him in?
  • xFATAL
    3912 posts National Call-Up
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Really liking Prime Stoichkov. His only flaw is that 3* wf but so far hasn't been a problem.

    what formation are you using him in?

    Start with 41212 with the wingers but I just started using this formation for the first time this year. Playing him on right with potm Aub on left. So far so good
  • KinggHuss
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    xFATAL wrote: »
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Really liking Prime Stoichkov. His only flaw is that 3* wf but so far hasn't been a problem.

    what formation are you using him in?

    Start with 41212 with the wingers but I just started using this formation for the first time this year. Playing him on right with potm Aub on left. So far so good

    yeah a 2 man striker formation would be ideal for him. Looks like a pretty good wide CAM too. I only use lone man striker formations and that's why i stayed away from stoich (and the weak foot of course)...
  • limjitwe
    5684 posts Big Money Move
    miri wrote: »
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Anyone here can review 93 Baggio? Or should I stick to getting Prime Zola? Using as a CAM behind Aguero and Kane

    @limjitwe I used for just over 100 games. Really great card who I enjoyed a lot. Amazing passing and dribbling, decent finesse shots but can occasionally let you down with his 1v1 finishing. He maintained just over 1 goal or assist per game with me during the time I had him. I got him for around 1.1m which I thought was fairly cheap for the quality you get.

    @miri

    Thanks for the review. I’ll probably pick him up if he goes below 1.25 in the near term. Was one of the first few icons I loved when I started following football closer in the 90s

  • Tradey
    90 posts Park Captain
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Tradey wrote: »
    Is there much difference between Prime Best and the middle one in anyone's experience?

    Haven’t tried the prime yet, he’s my next to get, using the 90 currently never feel the stamina tbf, depends what people do makes me laugh tbf, if 76 stamina is not enough just shows the people that hold sprint all game and/or defend with their attackers.

    How is the 90? Prime Is really good I just would rather spread the coins and potentially get the 90
  • Nicku32
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    Bought Prime Maradona this weekend and after 21 games he has 30 goals and 15 assists from CAM. I made the change from 91 Ronaldinho and so far the return has been a lot better.

    Using him in 433(4)

    De Gea
    Walker UCLL Davinson Sanchez IF Robertson
    IF Gundogan Maradona UCLL Fabinho
    POTM Lucas IF Kane IF Neymar

    When the delay feels pretty much absent he feels pretty much unstoppable (Compared using him during the day on Saturday when the delay felt worse than it ever had done before in my experience and then Sunday evening where the connection felt perfectly fine). Comparing to Ronaldinho his positioning definitely feels a lot better and as does his passing and shooting. 3* WF doesn't feel like a massive issue so far, but generally even with 5* weak foot I tend to always end up trying to use their stronger foot so I guess this isn't as big an issue for me. He obviously doesn't feel that strong but at the same time feels decent holding onto the ball for someone so small. Stamina feels better than Ronaldinho but at the same time I think I try to pressure less with him because he is so small and weak I know it would just be a waste of his energy.

    What did I tell you ;)

    ;) ;) I still think Ronaldinho might be a better option overall just because the servers and delay unfortunately but so far so good. What team do you use him in? (sorry if you told me already but I forgot).

    Already sold him for a good profit bro. I only play with CAM's with 5* WF. It becomes an addiction once you test it out.

    What team you using atm? I bought my Maradona for 3430k. Will make a loss no doubt when I sell.

    4-5-1

    DDG
    Walker - Prime Ferdinand - Sergio Ramos - Jordi Alba
    Prime Makelele
    Salah - KDB - TOTGS Eriksen - Prime Nedved
    Prime Shevchenko

    Swapping Prime Shevchenko for Prime Butragueno before the weekend league Starts.

    Hows TOTGS Eriksen? Also was half tempted on Sat to get Prime Henry and him at CAM instead of Maradona.
  • ha032742
    33944 posts Moderator
    Was just about to sell prime Eusebio and EA have gone and upped his price range max to 9.3m...prime Vieira max is now 7.5m :joy:

    I’m guessing they expect the inflation to continue :#
  • CovLee_Candice
    3784 posts National Call-Up
    Prime icon set 4. Vieira for 2.4 M :trollface:
  • CovLee_Candice
    3784 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Tradey wrote: »
    Is there much difference between Prime Best and the middle one in anyone's experience?

    Haven’t tried the prime yet, he’s my next to get, using the 90 currently never feel the stamina tbf, depends what people do makes me laugh tbf, if 76 stamina is not enough just shows the people that hold sprint all game and/or defend with their attackers.

    If you play 90 best at st stamina is not issue. If play as cam might gassed at 80th minute
  • CovLee_Candice
    3784 posts National Call-Up
    miri wrote: »
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Anyone here can review 93 Baggio? Or should I stick to getting Prime Zola? Using as a CAM behind Aguero and Kane

    @limjitwe I used for just over 100 games. Really great card who I enjoyed a lot. Amazing passing and dribbling, decent finesse shots but can occasionally let you down with his 1v1 finishing. He maintained just over 1 goal or assist per game with me during the time I had him. I got him for around 1.1m which I thought was fairly cheap for the quality you get.

    How is he compared to 89 Hagi as CF? @miri
  • ha032742
    33944 posts Moderator
    Prime icon set 4. Vieira for 2.4 M :trollface:

    Not much less than I paid for his tradeable card :trollface:
  • freakjas
    4025 posts National Call-Up
    Tradey wrote: »
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Tradey wrote: »
    Is there much difference between Prime Best and the middle one in anyone's experience?

    Haven’t tried the prime yet, he’s my next to get, using the 90 currently never feel the stamina tbf, depends what people do makes me laugh tbf, if 76 stamina is not enough just shows the people that hold sprint all game and/or defend with their attackers.

    How is the 90? Prime Is really good I just would rather spread the coins and potentially get the 90

    Thinking about picking him up as well, looks immense tbh.
    Also heard that some thing he’s up there with cr7 so idk
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Eisenhardt wrote: »
    Any of you guys actually tried prime Gerrard? I wanna get the guy just because I always liked him IRL but I keep hearing he's not worth the coins IG.

    Dont get him. I was same as you but sold him after 5 games. Ballack is much better.
  • miri
    2613 posts Fans' Favourite
    miri wrote: »
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Anyone here can review 93 Baggio? Or should I stick to getting Prime Zola? Using as a CAM behind Aguero and Kane

    @limjitwe I used for just over 100 games. Really great card who I enjoyed a lot. Amazing passing and dribbling, decent finesse shots but can occasionally let you down with his 1v1 finishing. He maintained just over 1 goal or assist per game with me during the time I had him. I got him for around 1.1m which I thought was fairly cheap for the quality you get.

    How is he compared to 89 Hagi as CF? @miri

    Probably quite similar, but Baggio has 5* skills. I haven't used Hagi this year and only his prime last year but I did like that card a lot (very similar to Messi but with a stronger shot I found). If it were me I'd go Baggio just because he's new. :)
  • IxToMxI
    4841 posts Big Money Move
    Tradey wrote: »
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Tradey wrote: »
    Is there much difference between Prime Best and the middle one in anyone's experience?

    Haven’t tried the prime yet, he’s my next to get, using the 90 currently never feel the stamina tbf, depends what people do makes me laugh tbf, if 76 stamina is not enough just shows the people that hold sprint all game and/or defend with their attackers.

    How is the 90? Prime Is really good I just would rather spread the coins and potentially get the 90

    90 if fantastic, had Prime Nedved there for a bit as at the time was cheaper than 90 best and had the 5* WF, thought he was pretty underwhelming.

    90 best has been fantastic creates havoc, for me I’ll upgrade to the prime when the SBC comes out although half tempted to wait to see TOTY Messi his position and price.

    If Messi Toty is RW it’s most likely goodbye to Best
  • w4m-Diablo78
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    AT ST Larsson 86 IS good ?
  • Robinflex
    1562 posts Play-Off Hero
    What’s 87 Butragueno like? Worth the coins?
  • seabo wrote: »
    Spillaren wrote: »
    anyone tried mid Gerrard as CDM? Considering partnering him with Vieira, looks decent with an anchor chemistry on him

    061d54654e171e1661a3e2a323201c64.png

    Haven't tried but looks alright for people that are attack minded. Will have much better ball skills and shooting than most other CDMs while being adequate in defence.

    He’s absolutely amazing. Used him for 20 games as a RCM in a 41212(2). Feels very strong, quality passing and an amazing shot on him. Planning to rebuy him soon.
  • Demon_reborn
    2659 posts Fans' Favourite
    Robinflex wrote: »
    What’s 87 Butragueno like? Worth the coins?

    He currently has a 3 goals a game for me..... having a good team around him helps..

    i think he is seriously undervalued and one of the best base cards out there.

    He is doing more than bloody 87 crespo..... the dude had a goal drought for me of like 3 games.
  • freakjas
    4025 posts National Call-Up
    Alright so I sold my team cause I really wanted to get stoichkov 90. usually around 1.3 mil so was a bit short, had like 1.23.
    Just checked on web app and seen one for 1.24. quick Solf some players and bought him.
    So hyped to try him, will let you know what I think about him
Sign In or Register to comment.