The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Icon review & price discussion

Comments

• Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    Is Blanc worth it at 800k+? Isn't that a bit much for a base icon?

Yes
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    rnmays1 wrote: »
    Anyone tried prime eusebio and think his 3.2 mill price tag is reasonable?

Yes, he's a star, play him as my middle CAM in a 4231 and he got 88 games 77 goals and 53 assists, no other CAMs been even close to as good as him, would use him as striker if he were a bit taller but CAM suits him perfect.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Currently rocking 5 Icons in my team after going through 15ish (made some profit believe it or not due to dramatic price changes)

Baby Blanc
    Middle Vieira
    Middle Nedved
    Prime Eusebio
    Prime Desailly.

Really recommend them all, so good IG and clutch up in hard games.

Prime Eusebio is the star of the show, wrote about him just above.

Middle Vieira is pure filth, so clutch for me, not sure if its worth upgrading to his prime for better shooting stats as I have him on stay back

Middle Nedved suits my game very well, used loan POTM hazard and neymar before him but they never were as involved as Nedved as my LAM, got 18 goal contributions in 14 games.

Baby Blanc is a beast, teams up with Vieira perfectly and got those spider legs snapping up everything, might swap him for prime Makelele at one point but seems like his tall stature and decent dribbling makes him OP.

Prime Desally is really good for me at CB, check after every game he always made a few tackles and never see him lose a header, nothing bad to say really gets the job done.
  • FatZed
    888 posts Semi-Pro
    Looking at trying my first icon this year, best spending on an attacker as I just sold Aguero who was great. Got about 750k to spend

Thoughts on the below: aiming towards a well rounded striker... or am I better upgrading multiple positions in an already decent team - eg Varane, Courtouis, Pog.. I already have Mahrez, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Alisson etc plus good subs to build around

- Crespo 85 (love his cards most years always a well rounded beast)
    - Larsson 86 (similar to the above)
    - Raul (looks a bit underwhelming stat wise until you get to the 88)
    - Vieri 86/ 88 (agility might turn me off)
    - 89 Baggio (for fun and always been a fan)
  • seabo
    1485 posts Play-Off Hero
    Got Kluivert 86 atm, he is very good. Shooting is not of elite icons but he is great all round striker.

Target man with actual pace, agility and balance. Decent dribbling, 4/4 star so can do skill moves and decent short passing to hold the ball up and play through to wingers unlike many other target men. Main thing is pace + strength or blance combo, when you play him through on goal he is one of the few strikers that seems to be able to hold off defenders coming from behind.
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    rnmays1 wrote: »
    Anyone tried prime eusebio and think his 3.2 mill price tag is reasonable?

Not really. His other cards are very very close in terms of stats and 1m cheaper
  • Manda1997
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    89 Hierro worth getting for 530??
  • xFATAL
    4966 posts Big Money Move
    Wanna try some new icons 2mil+ but prices don't seem to be dropping like they usually do after the weekend. Have a feeling it's just gonna get worse though heading into next weekend.
  • KinggHuss
    2057 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone used Prime Shevchenko? Got 1250k and really considering him...
  • Tennster10
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ready to pull the trigger on 89 socrates but if i sell some key player i might scrape prime version. Is he worth the extra 500,000k
    Thanks!
  • KinggHuss
    Tennster10 wrote: »
    Ready to pull the trigger on 89 socrates but if i sell some key player i might scrape prime version. Is he worth the extra 500,000k
    Thanks!

Read a coupe of reviews on him and they say the 89 is the best version (money wise). No noticeable difference between that and the Prime.
  • Tennster10
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Tennster10 wrote: »
    Thanks!

Read a coupe of reviews on him and they say the 89 is the best version (money wise). No noticeable difference between that and the Prime.

Thanks mate is in the difference thread?
  • balErik
    945 posts Professional
    Is it worth to get Prime Lineker vs the 89 version? Anybody tried him?
  • Amdp9
    3990 posts National Call-Up

@KinggHuss Not the prime I used 88 version in the last weekend leagues he was really dominant card, headers and by cycle kicks were the best, I shared couple of videos within this post look though, I would recommend the prime IMO
  • KinggHuss
    Amdp9 wrote: »

@KinggHuss Not the prime I used 88 version in the last weekend leagues he was really dominant card, headers and by cycle kicks were the best, I shared couple of videos within this post look though, I would recommend the prime IMO

Yeah for 1250k he looks the best icon ST purchasable! Cheers
  • Dandingooo
    1131 posts Professional
    900k Icon Striker? Gotta replace Messi he was brilliant but going to change to a 433 but I’m not sure if he’d be good there
  • Manda1997
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dandingooo wrote: »
    900k Icon Striker? Gotta replace Messi he was brilliant but going to change to a 433 but I’m not sure if he’d be good there

my 86 Vieri dominates in 433

has 72 goals + 25 assists in 52 games
  • Dandingooo
    1131 posts Professional
    Manda1997 wrote: »

my 86 Vieri dominates in 433

has 72 goals + 25 assists in 52 games

I was actually looking at him. Looks a good player
  • Amdp9
    3990 posts National Call-Up
    Amdp9 wrote: »

Yeah for 1250k he looks the best icon ST purchasable! Cheers

I would say so too, height, agility, aggression and shot power is awesome of that card.
  • number7rocky
    4813 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    I've asked this before but never get an answer, 89 or prime Nedved :wink:?
    CAM in 41212 (2)
  • ha032742
    36051 posts Moderator
    CAM in 41212 (2)

Both are great...I went with the 89 as seems better value.
  • Zv1k0
    5960 posts Big Money Move
    I like 85 Zola a lot. Using him in 352 as CAM with deadeye. Feels like 99 pace, very agile, and not that easy to dispossess him with high balance. His passing is amazing, great crossing which is very improtant with CR7 and Kane as strikers, finesse shots go in evey time and what I like the most is his runs. He finds open space so easy, beats the defensive line, gets a through ball and sets up either Kane or CR7 with a cross or lay off for an easy goal. Only issue is stamina but with this formation, I have stamina problems with everyone at CAM position. Prime Lampard has 92 stamina and even he had problems towards the end of the match.

Zola is good. Would recommend.
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    How is prime seedorf? Thinking about pairing him with prime cruyff and sbc depay
  • number7rocky
    ha032742 wrote: »
    CAM in 41212 (2)

How is he? Love a 5 star weak foot and he has decent physical, stats look like a bulkier better version of Son
  • number7rocky
    How is prime seedorf? Thinking about pairing him with prime cruyff and sbc depay

Cheaper than his 88 which is wierd
  • ha032742
    36051 posts Moderator
    CAM in 41212 (2)

How is he? Love a 5 star weak foot and he has decent physical, stats look like a bulkier better version of Son

Great in delay
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    CAM in 41212 (2)

can +1 he's really good, shows up every game wrote a mini review a few msgs ago about 89 nedved.
  • Shshj
    4490 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    Socrates is great, I would definitely recommend him. I didn't find there was a lot of difference between his 87 and 89 though, I think the latter is like 400k more now too.

I used both cards as a target man in a 4-3-3 (2). He's surprisingly quick on his feet for such a tall guy, can finish well on either foot as well which is a huge boost.
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite

i havent used him, but i would imagine shearer would be excellent. id say van basten too.
  • number7rocky
    Spillaren wrote: »
    CAM in 41212 (2)

can +1 he's really good, shows up every game wrote a mini review a few msgs ago about 89 nedved.

What chem style you run on him? Was looking at Deadeye