Icon review & price discussion

Comments

• Spillaren
    1848 posts Fans' Favourite
    Guys what are your best CB this year? Kinda torn had Blanc which was good and got Rio which I felt wasn't an upgrade, can sell Rio and get either Blanc, Descailly
    or middle Maldini as they have better work rates, would be partnered with Varane so already have 1 tall CB.
  • BrieMine
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    Prime Rivaldo good guys?
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Vetleab wrote: »
    Xtc wrote: »
    Bergkamp 92 ?
    Had his prime last year and loved him, the same this year. Around 80 games so far, 75 goals and 30 assists as a CF in the 433-5. (Feels a little better than last year as he can score from anywhere)

An absolutely bullet off a shot, but also the most composed finesse-shot taker I´ve ever had. Smooth technique and brilliant passing. Wins some headers, but I mainly play the ball on the ground.

He´s played with "Sniper" chem style :)

Also played a little bit as a CAM in a 4-2-3-1(2), also a great position to use him in, unfortunately Cavani was terrible and only managed to scrape in a goal once in 9 matches..

Edit: Bought for around 750k, my favorite player of all time so don´t care if I could profit a lot on him right now.

tyvm. My fav as well. going t use him 4411 CF/CAM
  • ha032742
    38658 posts Moderator
    Good thing I stocked up on “discard” icons this afternoon o:)
  • Spillaren
    ha032742 wrote: »

lol cant believe ppl actually doing this challenge or its trader fomo that kicked in, the 5 you can choose from are pretty bad and displayed if you press option on the sbc
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Get Blanc (85) or buy Alaba, Boateng, OTW Cancelo, IF Lacazette and OTW Goretzka? Are icons worth it this year and is Blanc as good as he was?
  • ha032742
    38658 posts Moderator
    Spillaren wrote: »

lol cant believe ppl actually doing this challenge or its trader fomo that kicked in, the 5 you can choose from are pretty bad and displayed if you press option on the sbc

All sold for decent profit, I’ll take it and it’ll make up for the loss I took on Cruyff.
  • Spillaren

All sold for decent profit, I’ll take it and it’ll make up for the loss I took on Cruyff.

nice one
  • El_Nino
    6504 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone have a prime Gullit fresh they’d like to sell?!
    And anyone who’s followed his price have any ideas what I should be looking to pay?
  • VerdePride
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    Vetleab wrote: »
    Any reviews on Prime Figo, Prime Nakata, 90 Rivaldo and Prime Hagi?
    Didn´t like Bale so I´m using 4-2-3-1 and switching formations in-game to 4-3-3(5). Figo, Rivaldo and Hagi are all statistically what I look for in my wingers. Nakata is an option as a LCM.

I had prime Nakata for a while after upgrading from base version and at the end I felt he was the same as his base but still enjoyed both versions
  • Just_Unfair
    4242 posts National Call-Up

What a genius...what kinda profit we talking?
  • Recoba10
    1690 posts Play-Off Hero
    91 Baggio as CAM in 4231 or 90 Vieri in 442 to pair with CR7?
    Unless you recommend a different CAM or ST for 900k?
  • Dasco
    6548 posts Big Money Move

What a genius...what kinda profit we talking?

Knowing ha, he's probably doubled a 10M investment with babe icons
  • Matnevesbra
    1126 posts Professional
    Best icon cb around 700k?
  • Gusmx
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any reviews on 87/90 Stoichkov? Specially compared with 90 Best ? looking to change it up a little bit.
  • Dasco
    Played 10 games with 89 Eusebio today, I don't think I've ever seen q player get so many pens from players pulling ans he's still standing when the calls given.

Think compared to Cruyffs 89 Eusebio probably edges it, although both are really good. Cruyff having 5 weak foot is a massive bonus.

Anyone tried Trezeguet yet?
  • ha032742
    38658 posts Moderator
    Dasco wrote: »
    Played 10 games with 89 Eusebio today, I don't think I've ever seen q player get so many pens from players pulling ans he's still standing when the calls given.

Think compared to Cruyffs 89 Eusebio probably edges it, although both are really good. Cruyff having 5 weak foot is a massive bonus.

Glad you agree with me
  • Spillaren
    pulled the trigger and went for 88 vieira as I didn't see that much difference from 91 other than 600k ish coins. Hopefully he is as OP as fifa 18 etc
  • Spillaren
    on another note I am unsure how to structure my attack, have Eusebio, Stoichkov, Mbappe and Neymar and play 4231 so far used to set it up like this

Stoichkov
    Neymar Eusebio Mbappe

But thinking of doing something like this cause starting to notice the 3* WF of Stoichkov when one on one with goalie etc.

Mbappe
    Neymar Eusebio Mbappe or

Eusebio
    Neymar Stoichkov Mbappe.

thoughts?
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm close to affording Prime Cruyff. He's the player I really want this year so I want to grab him and then build around him for the rest of the year, the question is will he be affected much price wise by Black Friday? I feel like the top tier primes didn't get much of a price hit last year. Any icon market oracles with some insight?
  • Spillaren
    miri wrote: »
    I'm close to affording Prime Cruyff. He's the player I really want this year so I want to grab him and then build around him for the rest of the year, the question is will he be affected much price wise by Black Friday? I feel like the top tier primes didn't get much of a price hit last year. Any icon market oracles with some insight?

think top tier players or end game players is what everyone want to buy with the coins they gain from black friday as well, might see a dip only to go up in price.

All in all its better to just play the game imo
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    miri wrote: »

think top tier players or end game players is what everyone want to buy with the coins they gain from black friday as well, might see a dip only to go up in price.

All in all its better to just play the game imo

Ya, this is the way I'm leaning. Player prices feel fairly irrelevant when it's so easy to print money with IFs and 83s/84s.
  • Dasco
    Dasco wrote: »

Glad you agree with me

Ballack's still better. :)
  • abbey621
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gusmx wrote: »
    Any reviews on 87/90 Stoichkov? Specially compared with 90 Best ? looking to change it up a little bit.

Better to go for the prime, he's a completely different BEAST!
  • abbey621
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    on another note I am unsure how to structure my attack, have Eusebio, Stoichkov, Mbappe and Neymar and play 4231 so far used to set it up like this

Stoichkov
    Neymar Eusebio Mbappe

But thinking of doing something like this cause starting to notice the 3* WF of Stoichkov when one on one with goalie etc.

Mbappe
    Neymar Eusebio Mbappe or

Eusebio
    Neymar Stoichkov Mbappe.

thoughts?

Play Stoich in the middle not up top, he is unstoppable from the CAM position.
  • This market is a joke tbh
  • Spillaren
    abbey621 wrote: »

Stoichkov
    Neymar Eusebio Mbappe

Mbappe
    Neymar Eusebio Mbappe or

Eusebio
    Neymar Stoichkov Mbappe.

thoughts?

Play Stoich in the middle not up top, he is unstoppable from the CAM position.

problem is so is Eusebio lol will fiddle around with it in DR
  • Spillaren
    damn Vieira is a different breed to other CDMs I used (rijkaard, keane) no wonder he goes for over double the price, those long legs snap up everything.

Highly recommend middle version, him and Kante together is almost unfair in a double CDM partnership
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    89 Cruyff is the best striker I have used this year so far. Beast aguero whom I think is second best. I have yet to try any icons! Do you think I can sell him for 2M? So I can try Eusebio?
  • Barks_the_fox
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tried mid gattuso and thought he was awful back to de Rossi.

Mid ADP is a dream though.