The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Icon review & price discussion

Comments

• Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Prime Scholes -
    Tracks back and can knock most anyone off the ball, wins majority of headers, can ping perfect passes and a shot from most anywhere with the right peg is in
    Blasted one over Tortoise's head
    Feels closer to 80 pace and has great ball control and trapping

Prime Nistelwhy -
    Not many good things to say about him, feels like unfinished work
    Doesn't win many headers
    Turns slow, so you might not be able to get the ball to his stronger foot
    And the week foot is up to no good

Prime Ballack -
    Start by saying that he'll be the first icon to make it into my main team
    Just great at absolutely everything
    Turns a bit slower but the physical presence is sufficient to keep the ball safe
    Can't wait to build a mid 3 of...
    Zola
    Ballack-Lampard
  • Zv1k0
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    Advait wrote: »
    Zola
    Ballack-Lampard

Me neither. I hope Zola is good too.
  • dregana08
    3987 posts National Call-Up
    Lunty wrote: »
    PRIME GERRARD

Team;

(Swap Gerrard and Auba in game)

Don’t have his stats at the moment as the mobile app isn’t great for accuracy, although he’s got over a goal/assist per game

Gerrard is an amazing card i need to say off the bat

Pace - 7.7/10 :wink: says on the card 77, but i’d say he feels around 85 in game, he makes decent runs and outpaces quite a few of the top defenders

Shooting - 9.7/10, his finesse shots outside the box, and finishing inside the box is the best i’ve used so far, marking him down by .3 for me not knowing how to take proper longshots yet. His free kicks are decent aswell.

Passing - 9.5/10, short passing, long passing, the guys incredible at finding a teammate, no issues so far with passing, his corners are superb also.

Dribbling - 6/10. Now gerrard was never known as a massive skiller or silky dribbler, this is shown in this card, he feels stiff on the ball at times, it’s my
    One weak point of the card, turns like a bus

Defending - ??? I play him CAM and set him to stay forward at the moment, so can’t judge his defending

Physical - 8/10, 84 Physical on the card, i think it’s an accurate representation of him on the field, he’s strong on the ball muscles off most midfielders, he’s aggressive when it comes to tackling, and fairly decent in the air for his 6 foot frame

Overall rating thus far - 9/10

He’s a super centre attacking midfielder, he can pass, shoot the lot, eventually i’ll be dropping back to centre midfield to see how he does there but i can honestly see the guy being an endgame card

Actually, according to your very accurate individual ratings on each category... he is only 8.18 rating overall!

I bet he is awesome, though.
  • dregana08
    TitanXX wrote: »
    dregana08 wrote: »
    Just entering this thread as I've finally built myself a half decent coin stack. I need a budget icon ST (around 400-450k MAX). Currently looking at 87 Shearer or 87 Inzaghi (I want a powerful striker who is great in the air). Also considering 86 RVN.

Any suggestions?

Would also like to know this!

Come on guys, any of your big dogs use any of the cheaper icon strikers before you moved onto the big icons?
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just entering this thread as I've finally built myself a half decent coin stack. I need a budget icon ST (around 400-450k MAX). Currently looking at 87 Shearer or 87 Inzaghi (I want a powerful striker who is great in the air). Also considering 86 RVN.

Any suggestions?

Come on guys, any of your big dogs use any of the cheaper icon strikers before you moved onto the big icons?

imo why get an 87 rated attacking icon when u can get a same stats gold player for way cheaper hence why the prime are more lucrative.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    so far tried

Prime Rijkaard
    Prime Keane
    Prime Blanc
    Prime Rio
    Prime Seedorf
    Prime Stoichkov
    Prime Klose
    Prime Pires

Lots of taxes and bad sells but hey its only a game.

Only one I recommend out of the bunch is Blanc, Rio and Stoichkov, only one still in my squad is Rio and Stoichkov. EDIT Forgot I had prime Rijkaard too for 30 games, he is pretty decent do recommend him but maybe not as sole CDM better in 4231 or as a CM imo.

Pires is too weak and just don't perform, Seedorf just off in general, Klose not better than Aubameyang, Keane not better than Kante.

Gonna get Prime Socrates now, will let you now if he is worth the coins or not.
    Post edited by Spillaren on
  • raul7kiev
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any rewies on Nedved 89?

I think I would be near 1mil free at monday and it is interesting to try my first Icon this year.
    Previously looking at Nedved 89 and Figo 88.
  • dregana08
    Spillaren wrote: »

Any suggestions?

imo why get an 87 rated attacking icon when u can get a same stats gold player for way cheaper hence why the prime are more lucrative.

1) Chem reasons
    2) Stats are largely irrelevant I find, especially for icons
    3) I like icons, makes me play more if I have a good icon striker to use
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero

Any suggestions?

1) Chem reasons
    2) Stats are largely irrelevant I find, especially for icons
    3) I like icons, makes me play more if I have a good icon striker to use

guess chem reasons are a valid point, just found a lot of the icons to be pretty mediocre this year, basically had one stand out for me and tried 7 different. For example I find Kante way better than both prime Keane and prime Rijkaard as a cdm.
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Looking at selling 89 Socrates and 93 Van Basten.

Should have around 5m in coins once investments are sold. Who would people recommend. Cam and LST is where they’ll play.
  • SJR440
    4756 posts Big Money Move
    88 Lampard, 90 Deco or 87 Zola for a central CAM in a 4231, who would you pick guys?

Any reviews?

Apologies if I've missed them if they've been discussed already :)
  • Retro_G
    32052 posts National Team Captain

Any suggestions?

Certain icons play better than their stats suggest. My Figo has 53 goals in 26 games, no other regular player could replicate them stats, trust me I've tried the majority of top rated strikers.
  • xFATAL
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    Equinox 85 wrote: »

Should have around 5m in coins once investments are sold. Who would people recommend. Cam and LST is where they’ll play.

How's Socrates? Looking to buy him once we get something that drops Icon prices.
  • SayBz
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Have anyone tried Makele 87, Brujita veron 88. Blanc 85 , Baby Ballack & Petit. ?

Looking for an icon cdm under 800k
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    xFATAL wrote: »

How's Socrates? Looking to buy him once we get something that drops Icon prices.

Socrates was decent. Scored and assisted well. Just felt a tad too clunky when trying to get that close dribbling to open space. I’ve sold mine now to see about getting Gullit or Cruyff.
  • Retro_G
    SayBz wrote: »
    Have anyone tried Makele 87, Brujita veron 88. Blanc 85 , Baby Ballack & Petit. ?

Looking for an icon cdm under 800k

I would imagine Blanc fits the meta again, he was brilliant last year.
  • Retro_G

Socrates was decent. Scored and assisted well. Just felt a tad too clunky when trying to get that close dribbling to open space. I’ve sold mine now to see about getting Gullit or Cruyff.

Balance, Agility are really important this year, think that's why Figo feels so silky on the ball. You can boost them stats with a sniper chem style.
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero

he was good until patch now I cant play good with any of my players tbf but not very impressed so far. No CAM seems to play well for me but still need that position to link up my strikers.....
  • Dasco
    6528 posts Big Money Move

I second that about 89 Socrates. I got 89 Cruff and like him a lot more.
  • Mmandras
    2974 posts National Call-Up
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Zola
    Ballack-Lampard

79 composure. :(
  • Zv1k0
    edited October 2018
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Zola
    Ballack-Lampard

85 Zola with Deadeye chem style should be even more deadly than prime Zola then. ;)
  • Retro_G
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Zola
    Ballack-Lampard

You can boost that by 5 with a sniper chem style. ;)
  • Pablo_Apex
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Any reviews on 90/92 Nesta??
  • BrieMine
    5702 posts Big Money Move
    90 Best or 90 Figo?
    They’d be playing RAM/RST
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Bergkamp ? 90 or 92 ?
  • Recoba10
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    Prime Vieri or sell more cards to afford Prime Crespo?

The rest of my team is quite good with Neymar and Douglas Costa but I need to find my striker! Thanks
  • xFATAL
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    Retro_G wrote: »

Balance, Agility are really important this year, think that's why Figo feels so silky on the ball. You can boost them stats with a sniper chem style.

Just got done using Figo several games after picking him up this morning for 817k. He's so much better than the 87 Socrates I used yesterday. But, Decided to list him up along with all my other icons with the price rise and he sold for 924k. Will def buy back later, Fun player.
    Post edited by xFATAL on
  • RoosGianni
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    Bought a 85 Zola to flip this morning but decided to try him instead. I’m very picky with my players. Tried a lot of NIF’s and a couple of Icons including 87 Del Piero (he disappointed).

But my good god... Zola is absolutely unreal for me. I’m not going to sell him and use him in the WL to test him more. Played a couple of div 3 games and these are the stats.

17c7hz4hg.png

Pace: Very fast, outruns a lot of players. Feels faster than 88 sprintspeed.

Shooting: 85 Finishing is a lie, feels more like 92+ His finesse is a guaranteed goal, inside and outside the penalty area.

Passing: Very accurate passing, his FK’s are meh though.

Dribbling: Together with the shooting the best part. His agility and balance makes him undefendable sometimes. One of the reasons he feels so quick as well.

Physical: As expected he’s pretty weak but weirdly enough, he won a lot of headers.

Score: 9,5/10

The team I used him in.
    dn6jomswc.jpeg
  • Zv1k0
    Is it just me or is 85 Zola better than prime Zola? Better composure, balance and agility, and you can get both cards to 99 finishing and almost perfect passing.
  • RoosGianni
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    Is it just me or is 85 Zola better than prime Zola? Better composure, balance and agility, and you can get both cards to 99 finishing and almost perfect passing.

Was looking to upgrade the 85 for the 87 today for the same price.

The 85 looks by far the best. 85 composure is a big difference in comparison with the 87.

The prime may be better as a CAM but then you have the stamina issue probably.

Baby all day here.