FIFA 19 Early thoughts.

TacticalTugTeam
1096 posts Professional
edited September 2018
Having played a fair few games of Head2Head the game feels very different to 18, Passing is different but still somewhat too easy for my liking.. although not as assisted as 18, Skill moves feel a bit more snappy than 18 but I'm still trying to figure out which skill-moves are most effective because AI Defending seems very strong this year.. even stronger than 18 at the moment which is very worrying... I've also noticed around the box Auto blocks seem to occur way too often for my liking, I hope this gets toned down in the first gameplay update.

It's going to take a while to get used to the timed finishing & meta of the game but It's still a little too early to judge.

I hate being negative about FIFA but I certainly didn't enjoy 17 & 18 with the small skill gaps so I'm hoping 19 will be different but early signs aren't great really.. not too sure what to make of it yet. :/

Comments

• AeolianVII
    90 posts Park Captain
    About defence AI its a bit complicated.For me the AI seems improved in overall.(ive only played the demo not the beta)
    Players seem to keep their positions consistently both in defence and offence and not like last year when AI players moved out of the way so the opponent would score a last minute or kick off goal.
    I also noticed in offence the CF would not go offside.

The 50-50 also seem to work.I found challenges to be logical and between two equivalent teams the ball challenges were fairly shared.

But i agree with you on passing which is still overpowered and that AI defenders should not be hard to dribble and lose behind.Defence should be more manual.

I also noticed that player's pace matters.In 18 if you dribbled a player the next time he would be again in front of you.Now i could dribble run and completely lose them.
    If they keep these things and wont patch them the next day i think it adds a little bit of skill gap.
  • AFCA_P
    85 posts Park Captain
    I’ve played about 40 H2H online matches and I am already fed up with this game. It’s the same AI assisted crap EA has been feeding us for years. I don’t say this because i’m bad at the game (I usualy end up top 100) but I resorted to PES again today. PES has it’s flaws but it represents real football and takes way more skill to master.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1096 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    AFCA_P wrote: »
    I’ve played about 40 H2H online matches and I am already fed up with this game. It’s the same AI assisted crap EA has been feeding us for years. I don’t say this because i’m bad at the game (I usualy end up top 100) but I resorted to PES again today. PES has it’s flaws but it represents real football and takes way more skill to master.

So far i'm 10-0-0 in Seasons Lol but i'm struggling to beat opponents with negative records.. on 18 I finished with 560-40 and I finished 12th in Top100 .. You're Top100 on PS4? & At the moment for how bad a game 18 was I actually prefer 18 lol... AI Defending is definitely buffed even more which is ridiculous.. Like I i've said before.. E.A Don't care about a skill-gap even though this game is supposed to be competitive but the game isin't fun anymore...

I haven't played PES in years but i'm seriously considering going back to it.. .. FIFA is trash it has been since 16 IMO.

My only last hope for FIFA19 is a gameplay update that will tone down AI Defending quite a bit & Make the game better in general with less Auto blocks.. but I really can't see it happening I won't be playing Head2Head anymore even Pro clubs is a struggle right now when i'm playing with my mates.. it's so hard to create chances because the AI are on you instantly the game is boring & I sound like a broken record.

I give up on E.A and FIFA in general i'm done lol.
  • Brydobhoy
    437 posts An Exciting Prospect
    And so it begins again. I have not yet played seasons but played a few UT games. I am happy that the AI plays this well offline because I do enjoy Career mode.

However
    Online the AI should not be this good online, ive played 10 games on UT and atleast 6 of them kept control of an attacker while theor defence autonatically done all the work.

Another thing is the bs is still here first game of UT
    Shots 16 - 3
    On target 15-3
    Shots inside the box 12-3
    Possession 75% - 25%
    Goals 2-3
    Just ridiculous 😂 why was so bad and he gets a victory.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1096 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    Brydobhoy wrote: »
    And so it begins again. I have not yet played seasons but played a few UT games. I am happy that the AI plays this well offline because I do enjoy Career mode.

However
    Online the AI should not be this good online, ive played 10 games on UT and atleast 6 of them kept control of an attacker while theor defence autonatically done all the work.

Another thing is the bs is still here first game of UT
    Shots 16 - 3
    On target 15-3
    Shots inside the box 12-3
    Possession 75% - 25%
    Goals 2-3
    Just ridiculous 😂 why was so bad and he gets a victory.

I can't take AI Defending anymore :(.. I don't think even a patch can save this game.. I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 in October & I might even buy WWE2K19 :D As it will still be somewhat fun unlike FIFA no point sitting on a game when it's not skill-based. :|

Time to enjoy other games!! :)
  • carolinabluejg
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've played a ton of co-op games and I've never raged so hard on FIFA. The amount of times I've tackled the ball and it bounces back to the other team in goal scoring situations is outrageous. The amount of times my goalkeeper either stands there or jogs to save the ball is outrageous. The amount of times I've pressed A to pass and it takes a couple seconds to pass is outrageous. The amount of times I've loaded up half a bar on goal kicks and it's gone all the way to the CB is ......... You guessed it outrageous lol. AI defending and constant pressure don't even get me started
  • protzbischof
    2695 posts Fans' Favourite
    What they did to shooting ruined the entire game. You do not get rewarded for creating clear chances because it is harder to finish while basically every random might go in. 4 out of 5 goals I concede are random long shots or shots/volleys or shots from bad angles. The skill gap basically doesnt exist. You can lose vs everyone. I hope this gets patched asap..
  • This game is just frustrating to play online. I'm something like 22-4-7 and even when I win it doesn't feel good. There is no skill anymore in defending as the CPU will do it all. Basically eliminated breakaways by making 50 pace defenders capable of catching up to 90 pace players. And goalies are incredibly OP. Might play a game where I don't play any user defense and see how it goes just to prove a point. If there's no patch in a couple weeks my copy will be up on eBay.
  • AHL
    4 posts Ball Boy
    Have to say online seasons is very frustrating. So many games End in low scores and barely any shots. It’s just not fun. I’m sorry but how can Mats Hummels outpace Costa from 5-10 paces behind and then knock him off the ball with no foul? The game has become incredibly boring. Am telling all my friends not to buy it. Will go back to play 18 Seasons until it is no longer supported.