Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

FC Barcelona - The New Era

Comments

• Ashy
    10585 posts Has That Special Something
    Wow the big departs I like, and interesting to see you are bringing a few back from loan early, results seem a bit mixed right now but hopefully with these additions you will be more consistent.
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    2N8CxzO.png

"Lyktan, in what seemed to be a must win game you guys came out on top. What's your thoughts?"

"I do agree that it was a must win game. While the season is still in its early days its important to not lose sight of the top fight and with this win we showed that we're back on track. It's important to win these games when you need to the most"

"Malcom is nominated to win POTM along with a few others. Your thoughts?"

"Honestly, don't have much thoughts. He's a fantastic player and won us the game today and he gets the credibility he deserves but I don't think it's something I need to focus on more than congratulating him for being nominated. He knows he's good, that's all."
    ZMf7n2E.png

Honestly, I was quite surprised he won POTM. Of course he's been great but we had three games without a win, but hopefully this adds to a great morale boost in the squad! I called Malcom to congratulate him and he said almost the same thing. "I don't know boss. Don't think I deserved that one, but eh, who cares".

• Stlducks
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    Smart choice bringing players back from loan. Very shocking to see Barca out of the cup already but promotion is the main goal this season.
  • Wyojasond
    13292 posts Has That Special Something
    Really surprised about the results so far. Even with so many top players gone Barca should be cruising. Wonder of there is something else going on in the background...hmmm
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Just catched up to it all. Damn didn't expect Barca to perform that bad in the second division. Of course it hurts to have players like Messi and Suarez leaving but normally I would have expected Rakitic and some other to be able to win games on their own. Quite surprised by the start though. Now with the option to bring back some players the face of the team should turn. It's time to bring back the results. Not just for the manager, but for the huge fan base out there.
  • Lyktan wrote: »
    I had to manually transfer the big players because I got literally zero offers on them. Bit of a shame, but money isn't needed anyway.

Hi, how did u manually transfer players? Before u started the career? Bc when i tried to manually transfer players and change the league my team was in, it wouldnt let me change to customised squads.
  • Danimal5981
    2433 posts Fans' Favourite
    15Nufc93 wrote: »
    Hi, how did u manually transfer players? Before u started the career? Bc when i tried to manually transfer players and change the league my team was in, it wouldnt let me change to customised squads.

Change initial squads to current squads in career mode options at the beginning.

• Lyktan
    vzehl7h.jpg

Paulinho came up to me after the game. "Happy to be back, nice to meet you. Didn't get to introduce myself all too much before the game". Paulinho provided experience on to the pitch and magic passes. I knew that this could be this season turnaround if he could be as good as this.

dsDyivF.png

"Finally, guys. We played horrible in the last fifteen, but other than that. Finally. We are safe on the ball, we convert our chances and we are bossing the game. That's what we've been lacking the last few games. Remember. Next game is against Las Palmas and if we win that one, we go top of the league. Ride this momentum now, lets go top!
    9N9IKE8.png

The news hyped up the big game, here Marca with the headline "the big game" and "Can Barcelona continue on their winning ways?". We are excited, ready and confident that we have what it takes to steal the first spot from Las Palmas in the upcoming game.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Talking about demonstration of power there against Cordoba. Now the team needs some consistency. You can't argue about anything else like talent..just mentality and consistency.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Finally some relief iAmazing victory against Córdoba... how does the league table look like?
  • Lyktan
    subpop wrote: »
    Finally some relief iAmazing victory against Córdoba... how does the league table look like?

Posting that right now. Yeah, really weird game that but I'm not complaining haha.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Talking about demonstration of power there against Cordoba. Now the team needs some consistency. You can't argue about anything else like talent..just mentality and consistency.

Very much so. When I know I'm good enough nothing can stop me but there has been a few to many "not-my-day" games.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Just catched up to it all. Damn didn't expect Barca to perform that bad in the second division. Of course it hurts to have players like Messi and Suarez leaving but normally I would have expected Rakitic and some other to be able to win games on their own. Quite surprised by the start though. Now with the option to bring back some players the face of the team should turn. It's time to bring back the results. Not just for the manager, but for the huge fan base out there.

I was surprised too. Getting better now but as you said I fully expected to boss it without the slightest of issues.
    Really surprised about the results so far. Even with so many top players gone Barca should be cruising. Wonder of there is something else going on in the background...hmmm

Really agree with you. Maybe there is! If the bad streak comes back I'll investigate what's causing it.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Smart choice bringing players back from loan. Very shocking to see Barca out of the cup already but promotion is the main goal this season.

Mhhmm, Paulinho has shown great abilities. Yeah, really wanted that cup. I was so frustrated after that.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Wow the big departs I like, and interesting to see you are bringing a few back from loan early, results seem a bit mixed right now but hopefully with these additions you will be more consistent.

Feels like I've lost so many games but only two in the league and one in the cup. Then again, it's the second division. I should have only wins, tbf..
  • Lyktan
    edited October 2018
    DghnuTH.jpg

vMzyayd.png
    Post edited by Lyktan on
  • Danimal5981
    It's a little more acceptable now. On top and on route back to where they belong.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    After a mixed start to the season the team have really turned it around and being top will only give this young side more confidence making them even better keep it going :)
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    The expected scorelines are finally coming in and back where the team belongs considering the circumstances.
  • Ashy
    Some massive wins here 8-2, then 5 goals in another win later on. Looks like you will instantly recover and return back to the top flight, but considering you still have plenty of quality players I see it as no surprise
  • Lyktan
    edited October 2018
    KugnXVY.jpg

p954cQJ.png

Bevdyzh.jpg

rIfESVS.jpg

Luis Miguel Ramis, the manager of Albacete, can expect a fine from the Royal Spanish Football Federation after his outburst after the game against Barcelona. In a game where they scored 1-0 after a counter attack they quickly conceded on the other end a few minutes later after a great goal from Andre Gomes. The latter scored another beauty in the dying seconds of the first half, a goal which Ramis means shouldn't have been awarded.

"The fourth referee is showing three minutes on the board, and I swear to you the goal from Gomes is scored at the 49th minute. Barcelona haven't learned anything as they still seem to bribe the referees. The referee took it, by the looks of it. Didn't award us any freekicks, but thats for another day. It's an absolute disgrace. We were out of focus in the second half and then they walk all over us. We expected and should've gone into second half with a draw and we were devastated that we didn't".

Lyktan was asked about the situation after Ramis was finished with his rant. "I don't focus too much on other peoples jobs as I have one to do myself. If we scored late, so be it. You have 45 more minutes to perform and it's your choice if you want to try to get back in the game or keep thinking about the earlier incident, which you can't change anyway. But I'm not here to talk about that. I want to add that I'm very happy with my players who are back from loan and they showed today that they were very needed in the squad.
    Post edited by Lyktan on
  • Danimal5981
    10 out of 4; neat.
  • Lyktan
    A few days before our next game. Nice. Decided to walk into the office with a fresh cup of coffee and to browse the web before looking into our next opponents, Oviedo. The first transfer window during my time here is only a month away, so if I wasn't spending time managing games or trainings, I was inside my office looking up interesting names.

I opened up Twitter a bit nervously due to a bad incident at training yesterday. I wasn't sure if anyone saw it, didn't seem like any journalists were around but they always find out anyway. I was greeted by quite the surprise, or not really, as the English ITK about La Liga and everything around Spanish football, Sid Lowe, had tweeted about it.
    ZQj3GKB.jpg

Dang. I now expected to get calls about it and went to talk to the teams secretary. Her job would today involve saying the phrase "Lyktan is not available for a comment regarding the matter but has said that he will discuss it after next games press conference".

That way I didn't have to handle it and if everything cooled down no one ever had to know. All though, I also knew it could impact us badly.
  • Stlducks
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    Team is finally starting to get the results expected. But words from Ramis but it's not the worst thing a rival had said about Barca.

It's never easy as the results starting coming but then a fight in training changes everything.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    It really paid off bringing back the players on loan. This team does now perform as you'd expect in the second division. With the past it's easy for the opponents to bring an excuse by blaming the refs.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Good to see the early results of the team. We need to finish with this nightmare as soon as possible.
  • Lyktan
    ZIptWhB.jpg

pQRFNPY.jpg

I had a lot to think about. Although our transfer ban was shortened, a happy surprise, we still had to bring in new players during the winter transfer window. Players like Ruiz, Semedo and Suarez were leaving us and very few big players want to play where you play in the second division. At this rate though, a big signing might not be needed until the summer when we're back in the top flight. A youngster on a two year loan would be ideal in that case and I've had my eyes on the rightback in Man City, Oleksandr Zinchenko, for a few weeks now. Someone like him could be useful as Miranda is a few moments away from getting my full trust.

And don't get me started on Turan. Finding a club willing to buy him would be very hard as he has shown plenty of times his troublemaking skills. One thing is for sure, that man is not playing another second here.
  • Lyktan
    M9yhDjw.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    As expected Barca have found their form and should start running away with the league soon. Malcom is really taking advantage of the lower competition it seems.
  • Wyojasond
    13292 posts Has That Special Something
    Results finally starting to show the quality. Transfer ban being shortened will help next year as you hopefully return with ease to the top flight
  • Ashy
    Big wins once again, you know how to score that's for sure. Malcom is without a doubt the star man in this side right now, good to see the spotlight on him. Interesting to see there was a training ground incident, wonder how you will respond to that, Turan does seem like a guy to start drama out of nothing from what I've heard.
  • Danimal5981
    Out of the Cup, but cruising in the Segunda Division.
    Restructure that team and that club and we'll see you in the Primera.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    The team are cruising in the league Malcom is clearly the star man it will be interesting to see how you cope next season in La Liga
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    The key to success has been found. The offense is winning games and smashing the opponents.
    With the shortened transfer ban it will be far more easy to take the next step towards the glory times that Barca have been in.