Asian Champions League (Asia Continental Cup)

Toronto1982
103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited September 2018
So FIFA19 has a fake Asian Champions League.
Here is the format in the game:
16 teams in 4 groups.
4 teams from China
4 from Japan
3 From Korea
3 From Saudi Arabia
2 from Australia
Starts In Feb.

2 teams from each group advances to the knockout rounds. All knockout rounds including the final is 2 legs.
No unique TV package or overlays
Post edited by Toronto1982 on

Comments

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good news for those of us that are fans of doing a career mode in these leagues. As an A-League fan and a fan of Asian football and the ACL I’m pleased about this. It’s not the fully licensed package but it’s a step in the right direction. Hoping the fully licensed ACL is a part of FIFA in the future.
  • tomw777
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hope your right as I am also a A-League fan but how do you know/any proof?
  • Toronto1982
    tomw777 wrote: »

FIFA 19 was released on Origin Access yesterday. I can play the game for 10 hours until Sept 28.
  • Toronto1982
    edited September 2018
    Double post
  • comet213
    2234 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    Why Korean teams are 3?
    Korea is top ranker in AFC.
    Korean teams must be 4 teams. :(

Korea: 4
    Saudi Arabia: 4
    Japan: 3
    China: 3
    Austraila: 2
    This is more reasonable.

And I hope EA add League Ranking System.
  • tomw777
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park

FIFA 19 was released on Origin Access yesterday. I can play the game for 10 hours until Sept 28.

I assume there is still no unlicensed CONCACAF Champions League for the MLS and the Mexican league?
  • Toronto1982
    edited September 2018

I assume there is still no unlicensed CONCACAF Champions League for the MLS and the Mexican league?

That is correct, but the MLS playoffs is now correct
  • ed24f1
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Good news that it's been added
  • I ended up in the second place of the J1 League but my team wasn't qualified for the Asia Continental Cup the following season. Can anyone explain to me why that was the case?

Thanks
  • Olpy
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I won J League 3 years in a row and never qualified for Asian Continental Cup. Anyone else experience this?
  • Evans_usmc69
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Same here as I posted in other post. Won jleague with gamba osaka, next year the same teams playing that played the first year of the cup.
  • AndyKusanagi
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 12
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Good news for those of us that are fans of doing a career mode in these leagues. As an A-League fan and a fan of Asian football and the ACL I’m pleased about this. It’s not the fully licensed package but it’s a step in the right direction. Hoping the fully licensed ACL is a part of FIFA in the future.

You'll have to take it up with Konami. That's the last continental competition for which they have the rights, and their foothold in Asia is still considerably stronger than EA's.

Personally, though, I'm still waiting for when EA will give Africa some measure of attention. I mean, even in Football Manager you can play the PSL (South Africa) - not to mention the monstrous database they have - , and in FIFA it's always only Chiefs and Pirates year after year.