FIFA 19 pace

BSDShoes
1590 posts Play-Off Hero
edited September 2018
Pace is perfect with 19, please DO NOT CHANGE IT like you did with the past couple releases!

Comments

• Benja190782
    937 posts Professional
    Perfect to me is slow.

What is “perfect” to you?
  • Lashley
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Perfect to me is slow.

What is “perfect” to you?

You'll love it.

Pace is perfect, I agree.

It'll get patched :/
  • Benja190782
    937 posts Professional
    ^^
    But guys what the heck is perfect?
    Are we talking about the same here? I want nice and slowly pace like in real life to really suck in those physics of FIFA 19.

But you guys yelling it’s “perfect” could actually mean it’s totally arcadey and ping pong-ish.

What is perfect?
  • Lashley
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ^^
    Are we talking about the same here? I want nice and slowly pace like in real life to really suck in those physics of FIFA 19.

But you guys yelling it’s “perfect” could actually mean it’s totally arcadey and ping pong-ish.

What is perfect?

I just said you'll love it. It's a nice slow pace.
  • Benja190782
    937 posts Professional
    ^^
    Oh thank god!

Finally it’s a game for football fans then.

Thank you!
  • cdbuck26
    3038 posts National Call-Up
    ^^
    Oh thank god!

Finally it’s a game for football fans then.

Thank you!

It totally is, I'm loving it
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    ^^

What is perfect?

I know the type game you are after and understand what you mean by slowly paced. But not all football is slowly paced, it has slow moments but also fast and explosive moments. It needs to be balanced not just slow. Some games of football are hectic too.

And respectfully I think that it’s a bit of wishful thinking that UT will be slower. Offline you can control it by playing manual, changing the game speed, sliders - pass speed etc and choosing to play a slow or even fast style yourself. But online it’s a free for all and with chemistry styles, boosted special cards and anyone looking for that edge pace will still be a priority for many.

So even if the game is slower people will always look for the faster players to try and win. I would like a game where the midfield is involved more online and passing is more important but I’m a realist and just don’t see it changing anytime soon. The thing in FIFA now is the ‘meta’ not playing football, it’s about winning a video game not understanding or playing football.
  • I agree that pace isn't a huge factor in this game. I have been using Vidal and Kroos and they are fantastic. Vidal is everywhere, feels just like other fifa despite his huge pace downgrade
  • Hey i know this forum is about pace but any of you knows what are the differences between the 3 versions?? Is it only affects FUT or also the regular game has different features as well???
  • yasendi
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pace of real game is always higher than demo by 30%-40%. It has always been like this in previous years.
  • Pace does seem so much better, creates a much more realistic feel to the gameplay, you can't scream down the wings like 18 or just slot through to some random 90+ pace forward who'll run so fast the pitch catches fire, now you have to pass and move, open up your opponent to create chances.

It's about time EA DON'T RUIN IT WITH STUPID PATCHES!!!!!
  • ScorePlayer
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If the pace is slow and realistic I will get the game for sure. Passing and midfield must be useful. Passing should not be too easy either but sprinting for 90 minutes from one end to another should simply not work. The demo felt good. Has anyone tried EA Access/Origin Access yet, or are you referring to the demo version?
  • viniciusrsouza
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If they patch this, I definitely won't buy this game. I'm holding my EA Access hours for now and waiting the physical edition.

These patches usually come after 1 month? Of even earlier?

By the way, WHY every year they mess up the gameplay with these patches? (FUT players?)
  • Benja190782
    937 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    But Corey from EA told us they won’t patch anything this time. Only if there is something gamebreaking. But they won’t make the same mistake as last year that’s for sure.

So happy we finally have a proper simulation of football. It’s really nice that you actually are getting rewarded for playing some good football. Take your time to pick those passes and build up the play.

EDIT: and you know what? It’s much more satisfying when you finally score or put that bicycle kick up in the top corner.
    If it’s always spectaculaire it’s not the same.

Play beautiful.
  • yasendi
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If they patch this, I definitely won't buy this game. I'm holding my EA Access hours for now and waiting the physical edition.

These patches usually come after 1 month? Of even earlier?

By the way, WHY every year they mess up the gameplay with these patches? (FUT players?)

From my long experience I think the main source for patching / nerving the game comes from the input of professional players. I have seen a couple of feedbacks on previous demo betas in previous years. As an example , look at Kurt youtube on the beta and you will understand what I am talking about. For him passing was so slow that he can go the bathroom and come back before the pass reaches its destination. He has silly comments on shooting as well. I have see the final game game-plays last week which was opened for youtuberss, I can tell you, say good bye to demo game-play They want a game which depends on quickness of reflexes alone, you rarely see them using new features of the game specially on tournaments.
  • Benja190782
    937 posts Professional
    ^^
    But the “pro” players are not pros. They are only good because they are assisted.

The REAL pros are on this forum. People who love football and can master this game on manual controls. Those are real the pros.

Do you see any Pro gamer from Counter Strike use assisted controls. No way - it’s hardcore manual.

But it’s really sad the so called Pro FIFA players can’t see that. Anyone can build up good reactions, but this is not table tennis. Not many have the true vision, and football knowledge of the so called Pro players.

When that is said. It’s not healty for the game that EA creates the CPU to play ping pong passing.
    People think that is how football is played.

And then it goes online...
  • Yes, I agree with you the pace is awfully slow. They need to patch it to match Fifa 18s' pace
  • Anduril
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    its too fast. it should be lowered to its original speed. stop trying to satisfy pace addicted lossers
  • BSDShoes
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nop, pace is still good so far. I went back to FIFA 17 for a bit last week and oh boy that game is quite a bit faster.
  • Henry14
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is one of the best and most realistic FIFA games. You have to use your brain and actually open up defenses instead of the aggressive pace built setup of previous releases.
    .the pace is perfect as it is, no need for change.
  • goshko
    71 posts Park Captain
    yes on pc looks perfect, but on ps4 the whole game is fast(passes crosses shooting) on slow speed and dose not look realistic. I dont know why is that.......
  • protzbischof
    2695 posts Fans' Favourite
    Henry14 wrote: »
    This is one of the best and most realistic FIFA games. You have to use your brain and actually open up defenses instead of the aggressive pace built setup of previous releases.

You can not open AI defenses. Almost every goal in higher divisions is a finesse outside of the box/corner/kick off goal.
  • Henry14

You can not open AI defenses. Almost every goal in higher divisions is a finesse outside of the box/corner/kick off goal.

You can but I can't lie its not easy; team play is necessary as you wont find a lot of luck trying to beat defensive lines.
  • Zidane11
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you guys want pace play F1?? 😃😃
  • forearms
    3929 posts National Call-Up

I know whenever I watch football, the ball continues to pinball right back to the attacker with every tackle. Or every bicycle kick going in. Or 18 slide tackles from behind without any foul calls.
  • Henry14
    forearms wrote: »

I know whenever I watch football, the ball continues to pinball right back to the attacker with every tackle. Or every bicycle kick going in. Or 18 slide tackles from behind without any foul calls.

lol like I said "one of" . I'm not saying the game doesn't have issues that need to be addressed. When it comes to the ball control , the pace etc there are a lot of positives.
  • Boomba
    807 posts Semi-Pro
    ^^
    But the “pro” players are not pros. They are only good because they are assisted.

They're only pros because they spend thousands of dollars on packs and have teams of prime icons. They'll struggle with a regular gold team.
  • Has anyone else noticed a difference in gamespeed between playing at night or during the day?
  • Goedemb wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed a difference in gamespeed between playing at night or during the day?

Yes because when you have even the tiniest lag you get a slow down which makes you feel game is faster.

The.game speed online is fast. If you want ultra slow try playing with a 1 and half star team. With a 5 star team its double the speed.

The game isnt build for sim but for exciting game to watch on stream etc.
  • Slazenger
    78 posts Park Captain
    Pace needs to be adjusted because of the AI of defence now, everyone is using park the bus and counter attack, it's become monotonous, caused me to leave. Now I shall return to BF5 at least my EA Access was good for some game.