“Picking up the Pieces” SEASON 3: FC Utrecht | Fast Forward post |

Comments

• Wyojasond
    11191 posts Has That Special Something
    Bradley Dean sits in his office running over his teams end of season reports. After folding in court and giving his now ex wife his $300m inheritance, money has a new meaning to Mr. Dean. So seeing that his club increased there worth over £25m last year, and is now worth close to £80m has given him some hope that he may still be doing something right. His manager Dirk Kuyt enters the office and they begin to lay out plans for the new season.

DK: Good to see you again sir, your looking better.

BD: Nothing a couple of bottles of whiskey couldn’t fix 😂. Money and women come and go. This is my life. Let’s get down to business. I’m going over the books right now and as we discussed earlier, we are set to have a huge cash influx, but I won’t be able to give you as much in the market as you’d probably like. Right now I’ve got about £30m available, but I can’t spend a penny until we get up over £40-50m. With the stadium expansion, and new training grounds we are in a bit of debt after my failed marriage.

DK: Sir I totally understand. Honestly I think a couple of the academy kids can move up with a good summer of training. Losing Zaracho, Palacios, Nandez and Valenzuela will be tough to replace, but if we can keep our front 3 of Zivkovic, Lucumi and Dos Santos I think we’ll be a tough out still. We need to strengthen our midfield though. I’d like to move to a 4-2-3-1 formation. Thomas Murg is my top wishlist player. After that, I would love to see us go after Djibril Sow at Young Boys. We got a good look at him in the Europa League tie and I think he could be the perfect CM/CDM for my system.

BD: Well Dirk I’m not going to lie, all of these targets you sent me are certainly gettable but I can’t guarantee anything. Murg especially will be a tough deal. You head to Denmark with the boys and see who’s ready for the new season. I’ll start making some phone calls and see what we can do.

8vE5F0l.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1428 posts Professional
    It's nice to see the owner and manager getting along well and agreeing on a plan. Hopefully Dean can sign one or two of these guys.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Would be the most important task to keep the front 3 as mentioned. They were insane last season and did play a huge role especially Zivkovic. But I can see other clubs coming in right away after his great last season.
    Expect some smoky heads in the office and some bottles of whisky killed over the next days.
  • Wyojasond
    Having finished second in the Eredivise last season, FC Utrecht enters the 1st round of the Champions League qualification process. If they can get by Slavia Praha they will have another round of qualifying before they will be able to see there name pulled from the ball float.

KVgJyqT.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    O0x6bU8.jpg

pu61AMf.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    With the Champions League qualifier right around the corner, and a huge influx of cash from top players being sold, Bradley Dean has moved quickly to secure the services of four new players. Midfield was the main target and Dirk Kuyt is ecstatic that his top targets were all captured. The biggest name on the list is Thomas Murg. The Austrian can play center or on the wings and brings the perfect amount consistency that Kuyt needs.

HQWoYot.jpg
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Interesting signings. The team has been able to sign all the targets and they seem to have potential to make the team better. Good movements in the market... hopefully you can retain your forwards now.

In the Champions League, affordable rival in the first qualifying round. It's a must to enter in the Champions League to secure important incomes to reinforce the team.
  • JoshDFC
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting signings seeing the team spend a lot in midfield to strengthen that area after losing some key players.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    I guess Dirk's reputation was enough to secure the targeted signings despite the well-published drama with the Dean ownership. Now can he get the team to gel before Champions League qualification?
  • Wyojasond
    subpop wrote: »
    Interesting signings. The team has been able to sign all the targets and they seem to have potential to make the team better. Good movements in the market... hopefully you can retain your forwards now.

In the Champions League, affordable rival in the first qualifying round. It's a must to enter in the Champions League to secure important incomes to reinforce the team.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Interesting signings seeing the team spend a lot in midfield to strengthen that area after losing some key players.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I guess Dirk's reputation was enough to secure the targeted signings despite the well-published drama with the Dean ownership. Now can he get the team to gel before Champions League qualification?

The signings are a big change from what the team has done the last few seasons. Sow, Bolingoli, and Murg should all go straight into the first team. This team won’t be as dynamic, but it’s got the chance to be more compact and solid.
  • Wyojasond
    edited November 2018
    Despite 4 big signings, FC Utrecht has been able to turn a huge profit this summer and meet Bradley Deans demand of £40-50m left over in the transfer reserves. The team now sets it’s sights on a very busy start to there season as they attempt to qualify for the Champions League.

qU7jGxp.jpg
    Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Serious business done. Hope they all fit in right away.
  • Wyojasond
    FC Utrecht kicks off August with the first round of qualifying for the Champions League. If they can win against Slavia Praha they will enter the second round where they have a chance to then officially qualify. Mix in a brutal stretch of games to start the year and Dirk Kuyt certainly has his hands full.

dcy2N6v.jpg
    PmastWG.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    The draw for the second round of the Qualifying stages has been announced and FC Utrecht has drawn FC Porto. A tough draw for sure as Porto has positioned itself as a solid team for years now. Can Dirk Kuyt rally his team and make the group stage?

6J7JXqS.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1428 posts Professional
    I really like the new graphics. They look sharp.

Pretty good start to the seasonss advancing in CL and getting 4 out of 6 league points.

What formation is Dirk going with against Porto?
  • Wyojasond
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I really like the new graphics. They look sharp.

Pretty good start to the seasonss advancing in CL and getting 4 out of 6 league points.

What formation is Dirk going with against Porto?

Thanks man, I’m really liking them too. Kuyts original plan was to switch to a 4-3-3 attack but the team has struggled with it a bit defensively so he’s made a return to 4-1-4-1, but is contemplating a change to a 4-2-3-1
  • JoshDFC
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    Really tough draw against Porto crucial the team picks up a win at home or at leasts prevents a Porto goal
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    "How is it that your club is worth less than mine, but you have a larger transfer budget?"--Chester Lee

Pretty good start to the season getting over that first Champions League hurdle. I'm going to say that draw with Alkamaar had something to do with the scheduling. Looks like Dirk hasn't lost much in his attack.

Agree, the graphics are eye-popping.

XV3lad2.png
  • Wyojasond
    "How is it that your club is worth less than mine, but you have a larger transfer budget?"--Chester Lee

Pretty good start to the season getting over that first Champions League hurdle. I'm going to say that draw with Alkamaar had something to do with the scheduling. Looks like Dirk hasn't lost much in his attack.

Agree, the graphics are eye-popping.

XV3lad2.png

Well the transfer budget is so high right now from all the sales the team made. Zaracho was 20m, Nandez-19.6, Palacios-16m, Valenzuela-8m. Nice returns on all of them. Plus they gave me like an extra 15m before the start of the season. Guessing that was for the CL
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Agreed. The graphics are looking great!
    Solid start with Zivkovic balling again. Porto should be more of a tough opponent than Slavia Prag.
  • Wyojasond
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Agreed. The graphics are looking great!
    Solid start with Zivkovic balling again. Porto should be more of a tough opponent than Slavia Prag.

Thanks man. Glad everyone is enjoying them. I wasn’t overly thrilled when I saw we drew Porto. They have lost a couple of really good players but they are still heavy favorites over us.
  • Wyojasond
    edited November 2018
    The second half of August begins and FC Utrecht continues it’s march to try and qualify for the Champions League group stage. FC Porto awaits and should prove a difficult task. The team also continues its redemption tour in the Eredivise as they try and take this new look team straight to the top.

iMNM1vK.jpg
    u0azTED.jpg
    What an absolutely incredible month. To qualify for the Champions League is something this team only dreamed about before. Credit to FC Porto. They played there hearts out and had some unlucky bounces. That being said I love how this team is coming together. We are much more solid in midfield and our defense is showing some great form. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go and watch the group selection with my team and owner.~Dirk Kuyt
  • Wyojasond
    edited November 2018
    YjKE1qW.jpg
    X2KQ811.jpg
    PEsaM4q.jpg

Transfers around the world can be found in the Spoiler
    DtcbwC4.jpg
    PCxFBdk.jpg
    hGt0CnH.jpg
    qI5eF7S.jpg
    yWobYCU.jpg
    Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • Wyojasond
    Bradley Dean sits out on the newly added patio of his office. With a Cuban cigar and a glass of Lagavulin 16 year old scotch. A few months ago life seemed over for the eccentric millionaire. With his once vast fortune taken away, he knew he needed his football team to be successful to have any hopes of surviving. Some big money moves and now CL qualification has saved him and seen his teams value sky rocket to over £125m now. As he sits and enjoys his life, his phone rings....
    “Go for Bradley Dean”

“Hello Bradley.....”

“Sam! Oh my god, it’s so good to hear your voice. I’ve been trying to get ahold of you for months. I don’t even know where to start........I’ve missed you so much.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t return your calls Bradley, I was hurt and confused and you just wouldn’t listen, and you always listen to me. I really wish you had. I’m so sorry that she took everything from you. You can’t let her just have all that money. Your Grandfather left that to you.”

“It’s done and over with. I know I should’ve listened.....I think a part of me didn’t want to listen because I knew this would happen. I know that doesn’t make sense, but I never wanted that money....at least know somebody will use it. I know this is a lot to ask, but will you please come back. I could really use your help with everything going on right now.”

“Well that’s the whole reason I’m calling Bradley........I don’t know how to put this, but......but I’m getting married. I know this is a shock and we haven’t talked in forever and I’m sure you’ll tell me I’m crazy but I’m ready and he’s great and it’s just the right time and......

“Congratulations Sam........I’m so happy for you. You deserve it. I’d never in a million years try to talk you out of it. Just get a better lawyer and pre-nup then I did.

“Thank you Bradley.....I really want you to meet him and be here for the wedding. I have to go, but we’ll talk soon. Love you Bradley, thanks for everything.
    Bradley Deans hits end on his phone and chugs his glass of scotch as he looks into the distance...

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Fantastic start of the season!!

The victory on Porto is huge, as I think they're a really important rival. When I saw the draw, I thought that it might be the end, but here you are! However, the group is extremely tough, Chelsea and PSG are major rivals. On paper, Utrecht shouldn't advance, but you never know... good luck!

In the Eredivise, very solid start too. I think last season's late failure is a lesson to learn and I wish this time the team can cope with pressure.

Then Ajax' transfers really harm them and they seem weaker this season. Although they always come up with young and interesting players.

I agree with the rest, very nice graphics!
  • Stlducks
    1428 posts Professional
    Great month of August to sit at top of the league after a month and to qualify for the group stages.

Very tough group, every match will be a challenge and I don't see Utrecht as favorites in any matchup but that's what makes it fun.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Wow didn't really see this coming against Porto. Fantastic job! And still winning in the league. Utrecht is back to their best days. The CL group is really tough as PSG and Chelsea are the clear favorites on paper. But in the end being the underdog is always better I would say. You just can win!

Besides all I'm really interested in the side story and want to know where this all is going with Sam.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Very interested to see who Samantha is marrying. Hope it's not another eccentric billionaire, or maybe I do. :o
    Team is off to a hot start; could this be Bradley Dean's year?
  • Wyojasond
    subpop wrote: »
    Fantastic start of the season!!

The victory on Porto is huge, as I think they're a really important rival. When I saw the draw, I thought that it might be the end, but here you are! However, the group is extremely tough, Chelsea and PSG are major rivals. On paper, Utrecht shouldn't advance, but you never know... good luck!

In the Eredivise, very solid start too. I think last season's late failure is a lesson to learn and I wish this time the team can cope with pressure.

Then Ajax' transfers really harm them and they seem weaker this season. Although they always come up with young and interesting players.

I agree with the rest, very nice graphics!
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Great month of August to sit at top of the league after a month and to qualify for the group stages.

Very tough group, every match will be a challenge and I don't see Utrecht as favorites in any matchup but that's what makes it fun.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Wow didn't really see this coming against Porto. Fantastic job! And still winning in the league. Utrecht is back to their best days. The CL group is really tough as PSG and Chelsea are the clear favorites on paper. But in the end being the underdog is always better I would say. You just can win!

Besides all I'm really interested in the side story and want to know where this all is going with Sam.
    Very interested to see who Samantha is marrying. Hope it's not another eccentric billionaire, or maybe I do. :o
    Team is off to a hot start; could this be Bradley Dean's year?

This is going to be a very interesting season for sure. This team isn’t as talented skills wise as last years team, but I think it’s more solid. Drawing the group they did certainly doesn’t make the season any easier. At this point, third place is probably the goal and go to the Europa League.
  • Wyojasond
    FC Utrecht enter September with a mixture of pride and curiosity. A great start to the Eredivise season has the team thinking title again, but there first foray into the Champions League will see the team tested like never before.

e6b5LYf.jpg
    4BQy4r1.jpg
    bp8Xtuh.jpg
    “It’s been a very solid month for us. I feel like we are really coming together as a team and that’s showing on the pitch. Mr. Kuyt has been playing around with a few formations and I think we finally understand how we want to setup and play going forward. We’re still undefeated in the league, and we gave Chelsea and Lokomotiv Moscow a wake up call in the group that we just aren’t here for the experience.~Richario Zivkovic on his teams hot start to the season.