“Picking up the Pieces” SEASON 3: FC Utrecht | Fast Forward post |

Comments

• Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think many teams wouldn't mind having Ultrecht's struggles. They remain at the top of the table, and their scoring numbers are superior. It's Sam that I'm worried about. Sam? Give us a call back, would ya please?
  • Stlducks
    1353 posts Professional
    Still 4 points top of the table, not a bad position if you could turn it around soon. Very good draw in Europa, not an easy team to play but you avoided some of the bigger clubs.
  • Wyojasond
    10183 posts Has That Special Something
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    200w.gif?cid=3640f6095bd7389c57416a72634f029f My face when seeing the updates since January.
    What happened? Is the new year a bad omen for all the guys? Where did Zivkovic go? So many questions...Glad the team managed the turnaround for now at the end of February.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Some tough teams left in the Europa league. The team struggle when Zivkovic isn't firing which he doesnt seem to be doing at present
    subpop wrote: »
    Irregular results lately, but the team stay strong on top of the Eredivise and advance at the Europa League. Probably this is the good news, in the worst moment, Utrecht still are a competent team.

Braga should be an affordable rival, but I am not that sure about the final victory. Next games will tell us a lot about the reality of this team.

😂 yeah it’s been a big turnaround lately. I’ve been using new sliders so that’s part of it, but Zivkovic has just gone cold. Guy can’t buy a goal. We got pretty lucky drawing Braga, one of the few teams I think we can beat
  • Wyojasond
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I think many teams wouldn't mind having Ultrecht's struggles. They remain at the top of the table, and their scoring numbers are superior. It's Sam that I'm worried about. Sam? Give us a call back, would ya please?
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Still 4 points top of the table, not a bad position if you could turn it around soon. Very good draw in Europa, not an easy team to play but you avoided some of the bigger clubs.

Yeah it’s not the worst spot, but considering how they were playing before it’s a bit of a step down. Luckily nobody else has really stepped up in there decline.
  • Wyojasond
    ENOg421.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    March is a defining month for FC Utrecht. After a shaky start to the year, they still find themselves top of the league and alive in the Europa League. Dirk Kuyt must circle the wagons and get his boys back on track.

ZB1XfcA.jpg
    P44dKAC.jpg
    VCRBwq2.jpg
    “Not a great month, but not horrible either. We still find ourselves top of the league and we found a way to advance in Europe. A big test awaits us next as we have drawn Manchester City, but when we play our best I think we can battle with anyone. As for the league, dropping PSV was a must for us. Lose that game and they are within one point. 5 games to go and none are easy. It’s gonna be a battle.”~Dirk Kuyt
  • Wyojasond
    SOsawWm.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1353 posts Professional
    The gap on top is down to a game now and you drew City next round? Ouch. But the team can pull a major upset over City and use the momentum to pull away in the league.

Or get dominated against City, fall apart in the league, Bradley gets divorced and goes bankrupt.

Either way.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    5 games to go and only a 3 point gap... thrilling end of the season. At the UEL, Manchester City should be a terrible rival. See it this way: Utrecht has nothing to lose, so a victory would be a surprise and a plus as I don't think noone asks for a title here.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a fantastic season.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    The team three points clear but the goal difference is also an advantage hopefully they can see it through
  • Wyojasond
    The gap on top is down to a game now and you drew City next round? Ouch. But the team can pull a major upset over City and use the momentum to pull away in the league.

Or get dominated against City, fall apart in the league, Bradley gets divorced and goes bankrupt.

Either way.
    5 games to go and only a 3 point gap... thrilling end of the season. At the UEL, Manchester City should be a terrible rival. See it this way: Utrecht has nothing to lose, so a victory would be a surprise and a plus as I don't think noone asks for a title here.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a fantastic season.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The team three points clear but the goal difference is also an advantage hopefully they can see it through

Yeah the Europa League run looks set to end. City has no right being here and they are gonna be extremely tough. 5 games to go and one of them is against Ajax and that could decide the title. Team is certainly barely holding it together right now.
  • Wyojasond
    Bradley Dean sits with his head against the window of his lawyers office. He reads off the paperwork sent by his wife’s lawyers. Married for 2 months and about to be divorced. Worst part about it is that he was so sure this would be it for him that he failed to get a proper pre-nup. His soon to be ex wife is about to take everything from him. His grandfathers inheritance, his small startup companies and potentially his controlling interest in the team.

As his lawyer continues to read off there requests, Bradley stands up and pours himself a scotch. He slides off his ring and drops it on the counter......

“Give her what she wants......honestly I don’t care. She gets nothing of this team though....this was me and Sams baby, she gets none of it. I think she can survive with $300m....I’m going to go finish this bottle alone. Let yourselves out.”

8YhMYho.jpg
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Damn this is about to get ugly...certainly the marriage was a decision that has been hastily. Then the depart of Sam did have a huge impact as well. Worrying and tough times ahead now.
  • subpop
    Life's a **** sometimes...
  • Stlducks
    1353 posts Professional
    Losing the inheritance means the club is that much more important to Bradley now. He can't afford this to fail.
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    Life's a **** sometimes...

...and then you divorce one...
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't sign a thing, Bradley, you never know what can happen. :smirk:
    Gramps must be rolling in his grave. Oh, and good luck against Manchester City! :D... :|
  • Wyojasond
    5 games to go in the Eredivise season and they stretch over April and May. Utrecht also has a big matchup in the Europa League quarter finals against heavy favorites Manchester City. With discord and drama dominating the locker room, can Dirk Kuyt revitalize his team and bring home the titles.....let’s find out.

l4X0Grf.jpg
    HLDBjRk.jpg
    X63LNxy.jpg

The fifth and final league game to decide the league title will be posted later tonight/tomorrow
  • Wyojasond
    edited November 2018
    Z0bqDcI.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    The final game of the 2019/20 season is upon us and FC Utrecht needs a small miracle to steal the Eredivise title that once seemed guaranteed. A loss and two draws in the last 3 games has seen Ajax take the top spot for the first time this season. Utrecht needs to beat Graafschap and see Ajax fall as they have a huge GD. With second place already locked up, Utrecht knows Champions League football is a possibility, but one round of qualifying sounds easier than two.....

MY0BZuE.jpg
    “It’s tough to measure that locker rooms emotion right now. One one hand we just finished the greatest season in FC Utrecht history. We finished second in the league and have given ourselves a chance to play Champions League football next year. On the other hand, we finished second and we all feel like we have given this championship away. Obviously this will be a big offseason and a few guys already know they won’t be here next season. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go chat with my owner and make plans.~Dirk Kuyt
  • Wyojasond
    K9LlN8o.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    There's probably only one person who's not disappointed in the second place finish. Looks like Ajax took care of their last match, so even a win wouldn't have changed the outcome for FC Utrecht. Historical finish, I guess, but damn those locker room escapades leaked out onto the pitch; could have been even more historic. Certainly want to see what happens next season. Wonder how much money Sam has. Maybe she'll buy in and save the day. We'll never know unless she picks up her damn phone! :D
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm queitly doing a little victory dance...
  • Wyojasond
    F0B9DIg.jpg
    BYplflE.jpg

Top 5 leagues. Every single one was decided by 1 point 😮
    N5lgFIh.jpg
    H1Tky0e.jpg
    Hzs4xVw.jpg
    nJIhwRD.jpg
    kB1XOck.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1353 posts Professional
    Disappointing end to what was a historic season. I'm sure the fans can look back on the season with happy thoughts in a few months but right now it's all frustrated sadness.

That's awesome that all top 5 leagues ended like that. If that happened in real life people would be going crazy watching every match.
  • Wyojasond
    Dirk Kuyt has announced that 3 academy players have been promoted to the main squad and all 3 have a chance to see some limited playing time and will not be sent out on loan.
    1. Daniel Jacobs is a quick little winger that will see lots of competition at RW with the teams current squad. He possesses solid speed and has an above average week foot. He is lacking in both his attack and defense abilities though.
    2. Marvin Hendriks is the perfect example of a late bloomer. With all the physical capabilities to be a dominant CDM, he will need to work on his marking and tackling to become apart of Kuyts team.
    3. Sem ven der Meer is seen as the next big thing to come out of the Netherlands youth teams. With great size and speed he can play out wide but many experts expect him to be a true #10. He has a real chance to seem some real playing time this year.

xyIBwnk.jpg
  • subpop
    Seriously... how could it happen?!?!

What a disappointing end of the season. I guess the beating by Man City at the Europa League was to expect, but some of these results are truly sad. Everything was so perfect a few weeks ago... now personal and professional life went to hell...
  • Wyojasond
    Bradley Dean enters his third season as owner of FC Utrecht and his challenges have never been more daunting. After a failed marriage of 2 months and no proper pre-nup his vast fortune is about to be taken away. To top it off his best friend and business partner Samantha Carroll has taken off and refuses to speak to him. Not all is bad though.... Utrecht enter the season set to receive a windfall of cash from huge transfers. The loss of these players won’t be easy, but Manager Dirk Kuyt has some targets in mind already. The toughest challenge may be trying to keep to Bradley Deans demands that 40-50m need to be left available.

e5U8V9j.png
  • Wyojasond
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    There's probably only one person who's not disappointed in the second place finish. Looks like Ajax took care of their last match, so even a win wouldn't have changed the outcome for FC Utrecht. Historical finish, I guess, but damn those locker room escapades leaked out onto the pitch; could have been even more historic. Certainly want to see what happens next season. Wonder how much money Sam has. Maybe she'll buy in and save the day. We'll never know unless she picks up her damn phone! :D
    I'm queitly doing a little victory dance...

:D :D :D yeah I still can’t belive we lost the league like that. We didn’t play bad towards the end, just couldn’t find the goal. Ajax was a machine to close the season.
    Disappointing end to what was a historic season. I'm sure the fans can look back on the season with happy thoughts in a few months but right now it's all frustrated sadness.

That's awesome that all top 5 leagues ended like that. If that happened in real life people would be going crazy watching every match.
    Seriously... how could it happen?!?!

What a disappointing end of the season. I guess the beating by Man City at the Europa League was to expect, but some of these results are truly sad. Everything was so perfect a few weeks ago... now personal and professional life went to hell...

Yeah I couldn’t believe it when I was taking screenshots. Top 5 leagues were just crazy 🤣 The league just caught with us in the second half of the season. I think Kuyt realizes that he has too many attacking players on the field. Guessing we some changes soon
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Man the team deserved to win the league but Ajax did what they had to do hopefully the team can go one further next season and win the title