“Picking up the Pieces” SEASON 3: FC Utrecht | Fast Forward post |

Comments

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    What a thrilling finish to the season. What a game though...and then PSV winning by a late equaliser made the whole situation even more exciting. Glad you've got your international spot in the end. Well deserved! Now you've got all the preconditions for a great season.
  • Danimal5981
    2094 posts Fans' Favourite
    Top question is: who is going to manage Utrecht?

With Frankfurt in 6th, I'd say Adi Hütter will be hard to get. And Marcelo Gallardo doesn't fit the profile.
    So as it stands, my bet's on Pelissier, or one of the two Dutchies.
  • Wyojasond
    10200 posts Has That Special Something
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    What a thrilling finish to the season. What a game though...and then PSV winning by a late equaliser made the whole situation even more exciting. Glad you've got your international spot in the end. Well deserved! Now you've got all the preconditions for a great season.
    Such a crazy game. I really thought they were going to equalize late and maybe even win but just came up short. In the end they probably finished where they were supposed to.
    Top question is: who is going to manage Utrecht?

With Frankfurt in 6th, I'd say Adi Hütter will be hard to get. And Marcelo Gallardo doesn't fit the profile.
    So as it stands, my bet's on Pelissier, or one of the two Dutchies.
    That is the big question going into the summer. Hutter does seem happy at Frankfurt so he’s out. Maybe somebody will take his spot on the list :o
  • Wyojasond
    bje4ru5.jpg
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Frank De Boer was the first name that came to mind when you said you would be replacing Advocaat he has a good record in Holland due to his time with Ajax I believe
  • Danimal5981
    Kuyt grew up at that club. He has an international appeal, but he would join as rookie.

De Boer is loyal to Ajax, van Nistelrooy to PSV - nope. Kluivert is an opportunist so why not.

Wesley Sneijder is a Utrechter...
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Kuyt imo <3
  • Stlducks
    1357 posts Professional
    Based on what @Danimal5981 said, I like the idea of a rookie manager who grew up at the club. Kuyt is who I'm pulling for.
  • Wyojasond
    bLaCFfw.jpg
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Whew! Caught up.
    From Di*k to Dirk. Is Bradley Dean doing this on purpose? :D

I like your characters, wonder if DMC will get that assistant position? Interested to see how Utrecht does in Europe.

(Holy crap USMNT take lead over Columbia...but I digress). :o

• Wyojasond
    ZTBTEDW.jpg
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Interesting choice here. Love the storyline! The club is growing fast. Eager to see how the management and Kuyt find an agreement on new players.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Let's see how Kuyt does. I'm impressed with the transfer budget Utrecht have, much higher than I could expect. I wish you can spend it wisely.
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    OlrkcjV.png
  • Wyojasond
    Sky Sports has secured an exclusive interview with new FC Utrecht manager Dirk Kuyt. He’s excited to talk about his future with the team and his new boss Bradley Dean.
    EuNg1e1.jpg
    “Welcome Mr. Kuyt we are so excited to have you here and congratulations on your appointments as the new manager at FC Utrecht. How does it feel coming home?”
    “Please call me Dirk. Thank you, it’s been a crazy couple of weeks. When I saw the other list of candidates I knew it was going to be a tough decision for Bradley. At the end of the day I feel like I’m the perfect man to help lead this team into the future.

Let’s talk about the team for a second. There are tons of talented players at Utrecht but they all seem to play the same positions. On top of that, rumors are swirling that last years top two players Simon Gustafson and Rico Strieder have had there release clauses paid and are on there way out before you even get there. What are your plans for building this squad?
    First off I love the current squad we have. I feel like we have a great core of players and they showed last season how close they are to getting over that hump. That being said, players will be leaving this summer and we have already targeted some great players that we are looking at bringing in. I have a vision for how I want this team setup and I think we are going to make it happen.

“Very interesting. Your playing career certainly speaks for itself but what do you say in response to people who are questioning your hire with no managerial experience?”
    I’m assuming your referring to Frans van Seumerens. I read the article your talking about and while I respect Frans statements me and Mr. Dean have a message for him and anyone else that doubts our vision..... “Just sit back and watch. We’re gonna surprise everyone this year.”
  • JoshDFC
    Interesting to appoint Kuyt as manager alot of clubs opt for former players as manager even without experience look at Madrid with Zidane or Pep with Barca hopefully Kuyt has a similar impact :lol:
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Great appointment
  • Wyojasond
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Interesting choice here. Love the storyline! The club is growing fast. Eager to see how the management and Kuyt find an agreement on new players.
    subpop wrote: »
    Let's see how Kuyt does. I'm impressed with the transfer budget Utrecht have, much higher than I could expect. I wish you can spend it wisely.
    I was a bit surprised too at the size of the transfer budget. I think getting to the Europa League qualifying game had a nice boost in that.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Interesting to appoint Kuyt as manager alot of clubs opt for former players as manager even without experience look at Madrid with Zidane or Pep with Barca hopefully Kuyt has a similar impact :lol:
    Chris wrote: »
    Great appointment
    Will be interesting to see what formation he uses going forward. Guessing the team looks much different from last season.
  • Wyojasond
    UkYTq9t.jpg

Ms8DXpH.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1357 posts Professional
    Making moves quickly, that's smart. A new manager and early rounds of EL qualifying, it will be important to get off to a good start this season.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    I guess that Utrecht will always have problems retaining talent. I wish the club find the proper replacements as the new season won't be easy.
  • Wyojasond
    ds1eovi.jpg

qTN5PGR.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    I thought Kuyt was aiming for primarily Dutch players?

Nandez would be a big fish. I played him in 18 and it was a fine player on the right flank or as controlling midfielder.

Another question: Why is Boca Juniors in your game mentioned as "Buenos Aires". Why has my version a licensed version of that team and you do not?
  • Ashy
    8886 posts League Winner
    Some very cool move happening, congrats on Europa League qualification, this is a big boost for the club, next very good manager appointment, I like Kuyt at this club, it's not unrealistic in that sense and he could have the potential to be a very good manager and what a better way to start here. Interesting to see some buyout clauses been activated and you are looking to replace them with youth with potential. Nandez like Danimal said is a bit unrealistic, he's too big of a player to come here I think
  • Wyojasond
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Making moves quickly, that's smart. A new manager and early rounds of EL qualifying, it will be important to get off to a good start this season.
    subpop wrote: »
    I guess that Utrecht will always have problems retaining talent. I wish the club find the proper replacements as the new season won't be easy.
    Yeah almost half of the players I’ve signed have demanded release clauses. Certainly keeps me busy on the transfer front.
    I thought Kuyt was aiming for primarily Dutch players?

Nandez would be a big fish. I played him in 18 and it was a fine player on the right flank or as controlling midfielder.

Another question: Why is Boca Juniors in your game mentioned as "Buenos Aires". Why has my version a licensed version of that team and you do not?
    Ashy wrote: »
    Some very cool move happening, congrats on Europa League qualification, this is a big boost for the club, next very good manager appointment, I like Kuyt at this club, it's not unrealistic in that sense and he could have the potential to be a very good manager and what a better way to start here. Interesting to see some buyout clauses been activated and you are looking to replace them with youth with potential. Nandez like Danimal said is a bit unrealistic, he's too big of a player to come here I think

@Danimal5981 Kuyt did want Dutch players and 3 of the 6 transfers so far have been Dutch players, but they also have a transfer committee we will be hearing more about moving forward ;)
    And @Ashy I kinda agree about Nandez potentially being to big for here. Him and Lucumi both have fairly cheap release clauses though too so doubt I’ll have him long :D
  • Wyojasond
    Bradley Dean sits in the corner of his office. Mulling over the events of the day. His business partner and best friend Samantha Carroll bursts into his office. Carrying a stack of papers and with a look on her face that says “don’t **** me off” Bradley knows he’s in for one of her famous *** chewings.

“I assume you know why I’m here? We’re you going to discuss this with me at all or just hope I would sweep it under the rug like everything else?”

“Good afternoon to you too Sam. Why don’t you pour yourself a glass of scotch. I just bought a new bottle today, the Balvenie 50. I’ve heard it’s quite good. Would you mind pouring me one too?”

“Bradley this is a $50k bottle of scotch. Maybe not the best thing to be throwing cash on at the moment. Especially after your factory just closed down and you decided to pay the Nandez fee yourself.....do I even want to know what else you promised him to get him here?”

“I’m sorry Sam. The lawyers just told me last night. Something about labor disputes and funneling of illegal funds. Hector has disappeared and I’m pretty much just waiting for the call from my father. We did nothing wrong but it’s not going to be spun that way. I’ve been sitting here racking my brain on how to make a bright spot and the best thing I came up with was to sign a player this club would never have a chance to sign ever. Nandez is getting a ton of endorsement deals upon moving here and we both basically agreed this is just a stepping stone. I know your not happy with how much money I just spent but there is still over £7m in the transfer funds. We are building something here Samantha and I’m just laying the first bricks. I know your worried, but you’ve trusted me this far.....don’t stop now”

“Damn this is some good scotch. Alright Bradley, I’m in this for the long haul but don’t ever keep something like that from me ever again. If we are truly partners I need to know everything at all times.

0jxvIDS.png
  • Wyojasond
    sHsfTwd.jpg
  • JoshDFC
    The team have invested wisely this summer adding some real quality to their ranks don't know much about Nunez but he sounds like a real coup for the team.
  • Wyojasond
    New manager Dirk Kuyt has set his lineup and formation for the coming season and has placed an importance again on the first 11 numbers. Notable new starters include Valenzuela at LB, Hoogma at CB, Lucumi at RM and Dos Santos the biggest surprise by earning the starting spot at LW/LM as Kuyt is transitioning Zaracho to more of a CM/CAM role as his team looks to be dominant in midfield.

K99bANt.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    The 2019/20 season begins for FC Utrecht and it starts with a bang as they travel to defending champions PSV, host AZ Alkmaar and then battle Fortuna Sittard. Throw in two big Europa League qualifying games against Aberdeen and new manager Dirk Kuyt certainly has his work cut out for him.

thqzVWX.jpg
    B2BWDbT.jpg
    o9UCfvz.jpg
    “I don’t know if we could’ve asked for a better start to the season than this. The team has meshed together much faster than I expected. To beat PSV the way we did and then cruise into the Europa League was a shock to many I think. Players are growing into there new roles and If we can stay fit we are going to play some beautiful attacking football this year. City of Utrecht, get ready.....it’s time to show the world who we are.” ~ Dirk Kuyt speaking about his teams performance to open the season