Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

“Picking up the Pieces” SEASON 3: FC Utrecht | Fast Forward post |

Comments

• Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    fJXdKUt.jpg
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    Utrecht is a good and challenging story. Personally I like this kind of stories much more. I don't know their players much, but that's good as I'll learn from this story.
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just noticed from @JoshDFC 's reply, that Advocaat's first name is not allowed on this forum :smiley:
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    subpop wrote: »
    Utrecht is a good and challenging story. Personally I like this kind of stories much more. I don't know their players much, but that's good as I'll learn from this story.
    I think it’s going to be a lot of fun to follow and play. There are a few players I’ve run across in the past and a couple of young guys that Imthink can make a big jump.
    I just noticed from @JoshDFC 's reply, that Advocaat's first name is not allowed on this forum :smiley:
    :D :D hadn’t even thought of that. Guess I better put D. Advocaat on everything from here on out :D
  • Ashy
    8120 posts League Winner
    Hmm I'd like to see a younger manager with fresh ideas come in after Advocaat's time this season I think, as for the owner's partner cool to hear about her attending the home games but I think he should show up more to get a better feel of the club
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ashy wrote: »
    Hmm I'd like to see a younger manager with fresh ideas come in after Advocaat's time this season I think, as for the owner's partner cool to hear about her attending the home games but I think he should show up more to get a better feel of the club

Indeed, Dirk (real name) Advocaat is turning 71 in two days and we (Dutch) already considered him outdated when he took over the national squad in 2004 (for a second time).
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Tough decision already for the new, young owner. Stick with the old manager for a year so he can help you learn the basics or start fresh bringing in your own guy?

I do agree with @Ashy, if Sam is the only one attending games, the fans might grow restless with the new owner sooner rather than later.
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner

Indeed, Dirk (real name) Advocaat is turning 71 in two days and we (Dutch) already considered him outdated when he took over the national squad in 2004 (for a second time).
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Tough decision already for the new, young owner. Stick with the old manager for a year so he can help you learn the basics or start fresh bringing in your own guy?

I do agree with @Ashy, if Sam is the only one attending games, the fans might grow restless with the new owner sooner rather than later.

Buckle in guys....it’s about to get real interesting. Don’t forget Bradley Dean wanted to stay in S. America for a few months.....
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    3S5ndto.jpg

It’s December 24th, Christmas Eve in the Netherlands. Bradley Dean walks down the streets heading towards Stadion Galgenwaard. Newspapers blow across the street, the headline talking about Utrecht’s 1-0 loss to Ajax the day before. The loss puts them at 9th in the table and 18 points behind current leaders PSV. Bradley has been in S. America for the last few months. No one, not even his friend Samantha Carroll knows he’s here, or that he was at the game yesterday....

Samantha Carroll is at team HQ meeting with Dirk Advocaat, and other board members for an emergency meeting to discuss potential moves in the winter window in 7 days
    “Gentlemen I know things are tough right now. December didn’t pan out like we had hoped. We are lower in the table than we have been all season. Dirk is also getting worried that we may be losing the locker room. Personally we kind of need a miracle, or this season is going to slip away from us faster than we can imagine and I just can’t afford to do that with Bradley’s investment.”

Dirk Advocaat sneers and looks at the other members of the board
    “Bradley’s investment.....hmmmm, funny we haven’t seen much of that investor. We all respect you Samantha, but this is all too much for even you I think. You haven’t been able to put in the investment we need and no disrespect....”

“I would be very careful with the next few words out of your mouth Mr. Advocaat. That woman right there is the only person in this world I truly respect and admire.”

“Bradley! When did you get in? Why didn’t you call!?”

“The vacation is over Sam, it’s time for me to get back to work and for everyone around this table to buckle up and get ready. Things are about to change around here. Y’all can buy in or get out.....make your choice now.”
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Sounds like Bradley has done some thinking while away and is ready for an instant impact. It's a good attitude to have, after being away so long people will expect results.
  • JoshDFC
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    wonder what is going to happen from here the owner is back and sounds like he isn't messing around... Will there be a change in manager or will Dirk be backed in the transfer window
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    That sounds a bit what happened for real at ADO Den Haag. It was taken over by a Chinese businessman, who than disappeared for nearly two years, before finally investing some money and taking charge. But then he overdid it and was suspended by the board of commissioners :smiley:
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    Sounds like Bradley has done some thinking while away and is ready for an instant impact. It's a good attitude to have, after being away so long people will expect results.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    wonder what is going to happen from here the owner is back and sounds like he isn't messing around... Will there be a change in manager or will Dirk be backed in the transfer window
    Time for this story to really kick off. Thought it would be fun to skip the first few months and hit the January transfer market.
    That sounds a bit what happened for real at ADO Den Haag. It was taken over by a Chinese businessman, who than disappeared for nearly two years, before finally investing some money and taking charge. But then he overdid it and was suspended by the board of commissioners :smiley:
    :D and here I thought I was being original.
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    It’s December 26th at FC Utrecht headquarters. Bradley Dean sits at a table with his closet advisors and coaching staff. He’s laid out a plan he has in place and the room is very split.....

Listen Dirk, I know your worried about team depth, but honestly this team is overloaded with Strikers and Attacking Midfielders. I have two targets I think we should jump on now that will be real prospects for the future and after talking with our scouts I have a Netherlands striker we should chase after hard. As you can see from the list of players on your computer I have found teams willing to pay us at or above our asking price...that will add about 8-10m Euros to our transfer market.

Mr Dean I get what your saying about us being overloaded with players but this is crazy dropping this many players in January....it’s unheard of. The fans will revolt.

All of these players are a problem in the locker room right now. I intend to make a statement and this is it. If it doesn’t work out it’s on me, but just don’t let your heads get to big if it does work out.

Samantha Carroll pours everyone a scotch Gentlemen, to the future. Here’s to the big three looking up to us at this time next year....

VUN0YIO.jpg
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Just catched up with everything. Fantastic storyline and concept. Time to take action and have an impact as mentioned, the fans and people involved are expecting some results.
    Good luck!
  • JoshDFC
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    It will be interesting to see who is brought in this month you say your willing to spend 12-20m does that include money earnt from player sales or is that how much will be invested into the side from Bradley?
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    UHBjDY1.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    FC Utrecht ship out 6 players at the start of the January transfer window. Insiders are saying they now have a budget of close to £21M to work with and over £100K in wages free!
    CAnIW09.jpg

Bradley Dean uses his connections in Argentina as two huge midfielders make there way to Utrecht. Also in is speedster Richairio Zivkovic. The Netherlands born player returns home and is quickly handed the #9 shirt. Can he live up to the number?
    ZvEaMKt.jpg
    Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • JoshDFC
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some nice business done and realistic transfers as well, Bradley's team in South America wasn't wasted and the team seemed to be a lot stronger now then they were at the start of the window
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zivkovic back at Utrecht. Back in 2016-17 on loan from Ajax and only good for 2 goals in 16 games. Let's see if he has learned from his period in Belgium. I have had Ezequiel Palacios also on my radar.
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    6M2l70g.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    Some nice business done and realistic transfers as well, Bradley's team in South America wasn't wasted and the team seemed to be a lot stronger now then they were at the start of the window
    Zivkovic back at Utrecht. Back in 2016-17 on loan from Ajax and only good for 2 goals in 16 games. Let's see if he has learned from his period in Belgium. I have had Ezequiel Palacios also on my radar.

Zivkovic has a chance to slot in right away I think, even though I think Palacios and Zarocha are the better players. Zarocha I’m most excited about. Found him by chance, think he might be real special.
  • Ashy
    8120 posts League Winner
    Lots of updates man! Just caught up, loved it when Bradley walked in the room, you really felt like the season is only just about to start now he's here haha. Some good sales and a decent budget available. I remember a couple of fifa's ago when Zivkovic had a pretty high potential but it doesn't look like he backed it up, maybe he can turn his career around being your number 9!
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Bradley is making quick work of the transfers. Showing everyone he means business and is serious about winning. I will admit, I don't know who these players are but I'm excited to follow along and find out.
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    Lots of updates man! Just caught up, loved it when Bradley walked in the room, you really felt like the season is only just about to start now he's here haha. Some good sales and a decent budget available. I remember a couple of fifa's ago when Zivkovic had a pretty high potential but it doesn't look like he backed it up, maybe he can turn his career around being your number 9!
    Bradley is making quick work of the transfers. Showing everyone he means business and is serious about winning. I will admit, I don't know who these players are but I'm excited to follow along and find out.

I’m being pretty strict with my youth team and scouts for these stories. I only have one youth scout and he’ll stay completely in the Netherlands. My first team scouts....well they are all over. One in Argentina, one in Chile, one in Colombia, one in the Netherlands and one in Belgium. Then one is left open so he can scout random players. So all 3 players signed are brand new to me as well. Honestly only Palacios is the one that fits most with the type of player I usually prefer.
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    The Bradley Dean era at FC Utrecht officially begins. After some early transfer business both in and out, fans were eager to see how the team would line up going forward. Dirk Advocaat elected to start his new Argentine prodigies from the bench but put Richario Zivkovic at the top of his 4-4-2 diamond with Gyrano Kerk. Both players used there incredible speed to break down teams and showed they could be a great tandem as they both notched hat tricks in the Willem II game.

We have a very busy February and March coming up so to get these two big wins like we did is an amazing boost to our season. The new boys are fitting in well and the locker rooms attitude has picked up. We have a long way to go to achieve our goals, but I think everyone around the league is looking at us different now. ~Dirk Advocaat

Wol0RD1.jpg
    1yBdWZb.jpg JZg7TDQ.jpg
  • JoshDFC
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fabulous start to life back in Holland for Zivkovic with his debut hat trick teams will now be taking you a lot more serious after the positive results
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Two huge wins to start off with. 7-2 scoreline will raise some eyebrows and bring attention to the club.
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    Fabulous start to life back in Holland for Zivkovic with his debut hat trick teams will now be taking you a lot more serious after the positive results
    Two huge wins to start off with. 7-2 scoreline will raise some eyebrows and bring attention to the club.

Couldn’t believe we scored 7 like that. There defense was horrible all game. Easily had 3-4 more bounce off the crossbar.
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    The January transfer window has come to a close and Bayer Leverkusen is the talk of Europe. After selling wunderkid Leon Bailey to Juventus they brought in Emil Forsberg and Danilo Pereira as they look to strengthen and challenge Bayern.

bBZULpp.jpg