“Picking up the Pieces” SEASON 3: FC Utrecht | Fast Forward post |

Wyojasond
8757 posts League Winner
edited December 7
This story will mainly be told from the perspective of a young team owner. He will start his journey at a smaller less known club and try to build on his family fortune and potentially buy other teams across the world as he looks to not only win trophies but bring in healthy revenue each year as well. So join me as he prepares to defy the odds, and prove everyone who ever doubted him wrong....

SEsxQ6t.jpg
cD698wN.jpg
e5U8V9j.png
Post edited by Wyojasond on

Comments

• Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    You can now post. Updates will start this weekend.
  • Your stories are always unique and exciting. Can't wait to see what this young guy can do with a family fortune. Will he be willing to invest whatever it takes to win? Or go with a more cautious approach?
  • Ashy
    8069 posts League Winner
    This will be interesting, nobody done a owner focused story before on here I don't think, it will be cool to see which path you take and how the fans react to that path whether or not to invest or look to make profit look at Mike Ashley at Newcastle or Stan Kroenke at Arsenal compared to Man City owner Sheikh Mansour.
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    WIll be following
  • Danimal5981
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    I off course have a little more insight since we were in touch, though I do not know his final choice of team. This one is going to be fun, no doubt.
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Your stories are always unique and exciting. Can't wait to see what this young guy can do with a family fortune. Will he be willing to invest whatever it takes to win? Or go with a more cautious approach?
    Ashy wrote: »
    This will be interesting, nobody done a owner focused story before on here I don't think, it will be cool to see which path you take and how the fans react to that path whether or not to invest or look to make profit look at Mike Ashley at Newcastle or Stan Kroenke at Arsenal compared to Man City owner Sheikh Mansour.
    b4usiddhu2 wrote: »
    WIll be following
    I off course have a little more insight since we were in touch, though I do not know his final choice of team. This one is going to be fun, no doubt.

Thanks guys. Still working out some graphic ideas and getting a few other ideas lined out. I’m pretty excited to run with this story though. Hopefully it’s something a bit different. I really plan to build upon the idea of making money every year too. So it won’t be all about coming in and spending a ton of money every season to build unrealistic super teams.
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    edited September 20
    flSFgd1.jpg

June 2nd, 2018,
    The world is in shock as Billionaire John Thomas Dean passes away. His son, who has spent his life running and managing most of his fathers companies over the years is expected to take over as CEO. His grandson though, who many say has the same mind and lifestyle as his brilliant yet playboy grandfather has been mentioned in the will that he will inherit everything.....there is a clause though...

“What did you do! Did you take grandpa out drinking and partying and get him to sign this? Your **** crazy if you think I’m going to let you take over this company. Look at you, your drunk and probably high right now aren’t you!”

“I’m a little drunk, but I don’t get high dad....I’m as surprised as you are about this. I’ve barely talked to grandpa this year. Last time I saw him was after the accident. He said he was disappointed in me and that if I didn’t get my life together I was going to die before I was 35. If you ever picked up the phone, you’d know I’m working hard to make sure that doesn’t happen!

His father lets out a chuckle as he continues to pace in front of his son. “I don’t need to pick up a phone to know what your up too. You and that so called friend of yours have built a “cute” little company so far. What was your profit last year.....$3.2 million.... my secretary makes that in a week...”

“God your an arrogant ****! I know I’ve made mistakes in the past, but I don’t understand how you can hate your own son so much. I don’t want this company. You can have it all. I’ll sign the papers over to you now.”

“Damn right you will.......and I don’t hate you son, I just expect more of you and so did he. You’ve got a long ways to go to live up to that. Your still getting your inheritance that he left you, $150 million has already been transferred to your account, the rest will be transferred over the years. I hope you spend it better than the last time grandpa left you some money. I’m flying back to NY tonight with your mother. Say your goodbyes and get out of my house.....

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Family drama, millions of dollars and a young guy trying to prove himself. Off to a great start, hopefully the lifestyle of being an owner doesn't stress him out and push him to start drinking with the likes of Mike Ashley.
  • EA_Cian
    930 posts EA Moderator
    Just a quick reminder to please be mindful of the language - no need to add letters, etc. - just use the *'s. :smile:
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder to please be mindful of the language - no need to add letters, etc. - just use the *'s. :smile:

My bad. Won’t happen again B)
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Interesting. Depending on what team you'll start with the media might have a field-day with having a Playboy-grandpa taking over a club :D
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    Lyktan wrote: »
    Interesting. Depending on what team you'll start with the media might have a field-day with having a Playboy-grandpa taking over a club :D

The playboy grandpa died. It will be his grandson who takes over a team ;)
  • Ashy
    8069 posts League Winner
    Already in love with the characters haha, good chemistry created there between the farther and son, it's never a good idea to give a young guy tons of money but 150m should be more than enough to buy a club in Europe, I'm really curious to see which club you take on now.
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    Already in love with the characters haha, good chemistry created there between the farther and son, it's never a good idea to give a young guy tons of money but 150m should be more than enough to buy a club in Europe, I'm really curious to see which club you take on now.

Thanks man. Really hoping to have some awesome real characters for this story. There are going to be some awesome dynamics with everything.
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    edited September 21
    6UfUoeE.jpg

One day after his grandfathers funeral and blowup with his father, Bradley Dean reads a letter his grandfather left him in his Will. With his best friend and business partner Sam by his side, he sits and contemplates his life....and future.

“That was really beautiful Bradley....your grandfather was a great man. The world is really going to miss him. I wish you would reconsider this plan of yours though...”

“I need some time to get away Sam. The media is going to be circling like wolves for awhile. Especially when they find out I donated $100 million of my inheritance to charity this morning.”

“I understand...I just don’t think it’s a good idea to run off to S. America. You get in a lot of trouble whenever you go down there.”

Bradley shows a wry smile and nods in agreement.
    “Don’t you mean “WE” get in trouble when we go to S. America. From what I remember, the last time we were there we had a pretty good time. I know I enjoyed it.....it sounded like you did too....”

“Sam flushes red and just smiles
    We also agreed we’d never talk about that. I think we both had a bit too much Rum that night. Listen I support whatever you want to do but I think you should really stay for another day. I want to talk to you some more about buying a soccer team. I’ve been running the numbers and there’s some real potential to make some money with this if we run it right. You wouldn’t believe some of the profit these old guys are bringing in. Plus think of how much fun it would be watching a game love every weekend!”

“I don’t know Sam, I really want to get out of the states for awhile, plus it’s called football...just saying..”

“Yeah I know, we’re the only country that has it backwards, whatever. Lol. Plus no offense, but after your little charity donation you don’t have near enough money to buy a club here in the states. I was thinking Europe...more specifically Netherlands and the Eredivise. I have a few things lined up already...you just let me know.”

“What would I do without you Samantha Carroll. You keep my head on straight. I’ll stay one more day...bring me some paperwork tomorrow and we’ll look things over. Here’s the deal though...your going to run whatever club we buy....at least for awhile, I need to get away. See you tomorrow.”
  • Eredivise would be interesting trying to build a club to compete with Ajax and PSV.
  • Danimal5981
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Eredivise would be interesting trying to build a club to compete with Ajax and PSV.

fat chance.... :wink:
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    6L97sQs.jpg

Bradley Dean stares out the window of his hotel penthouse window. His friend and business partner Samantha Carrol is on the phone in the background crunching numbers. The last few days have been an absolute whirlwind for him and now he’s minutes away from making the decision to buy a football team in the Netherlands.

“Ok, I just got off the phone with what seems like 10 million people. Looking at it all we have three options for teams we can afford with owners looking to sell. VVV Venlo, FC Utrecht, and AZ Alkmaar. Venlo is going to be fairly cheap to do a complete takeover, they also have a super small stadium and little to no talent with current players. Utrecht and Alkmaar are a ways off the top 3 right now but they have good facilities and strong core teams. Depending on how much you want to invest going forward, we could do something special with them.”

“I want to be smart about this Sam. There are far too many stories around the world of people throwing money at football clubs and doing more harm than good. I also want us to make some real money doing this. If we can’t turn a healthy profit every year, there’s no point in doing it.”

“I agree. They’re all projects for sure. AZ and Utrecht give us a great chance to get to Europe right away, plus they have a lot of pieces to build around. They are going to cost a lot more though too. It may take us a year or two to fully recoup our investment.”

“Ok, take our private jet and fly to Amsterdam tonight. Meet with all three owners and get a final price. I’m going to Argentina for 6 months to get my head right. You’ll be responsible for everything til I get back. I’ve already signed over power of attorney so your word is my word now. Here’s the number for my SAT phone. Please only call me if it’s an emergency. I need this time away and to figure out my place in this world. Good luck Sam, I’m counting on you....”
  • Danimal5981
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 22
    In terms of preference, I have nothing with clubs from the south and that cancels VVV Venlo out for me.
    AZ Alkmaar is already close to the top and occasionally present decent football in Europe. So, I would like to see what you can do with FC Utrecht. It's the fourth city of the country, yet the FC hasn't finished top three since 1980.
  • subpop
    2638 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting concept and, knowing you, I'm sure this is going to be fun. Personally, I don't have any preference either, but in any option there's a challenge. Probably AZ will be closer to the top teams of the Netherlands and we can see European football soon. The other two options are a bigger challenge... I like this proposal!
  • Ashy
    8069 posts League Winner
    From my understanding AZ are a team that has been in and around Europe in the past 10 years, mostly Europa League but no real challenge for the league title and don't go far in Europe. They have a handful of strong young players with high potential.

Utrecht are a little below AZ, they need some work before they can properly challenge for those top 3 spots and Europe, their team is decent but no outstanding prospects, this is the one I like the best out of the 3.

VVV Venlo need a lot of work, this will be a massive challenge, most of the team seem quite average and some investment will be needed to get these guys competing
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    In terms of preference, I have nothing with clubs from the south and that cancels VVV Venlo out for me.
    AZ Alkmaar is already close to the top and occasionally present decent football in Europe. So, I would like to see what you can do with FC Utrecht. It's the fourth city of the country, yet the FC hasn't finished top three since 1980.
    subpop wrote: »
    Interesting concept and, knowing you, I'm sure this is going to be fun. Personally, I don't have any preference either, but in any option there's a challenge. Probably AZ will be closer to the top teams of the Netherlands and we can see European football soon. The other two options are a bigger challenge... I like this proposal!
    From my understanding AZ are a team that has been in and around Europe in the past 10 years, mostly Europa League but no real challenge for the league title and don't go far in Europe. They have a handful of strong young players with high potential.

Utrecht are a little below AZ, they need some work before they can properly challenge for those top 3 spots and Europe, their team is decent but no outstanding prospects, this is the one I like the best out of the 3.

VVV Venlo need a lot of work, this will be a massive challenge, most of the team seem quite average and some investment will be needed to get these guys competing

Thanks guys. I’ve made up my mind but I’m going to have to wait a bit to fully start the story now it seems. The EA Access 10hr trial has been a nightmare for people and I may have lost all my progress. That being said, I’ve made my team choice and will be posting the update in the morning.
  • Danimal5981
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    True, the premium version also had some hick-ups in the first 24 hrs (squads not updated, English commentary kicking in too late), but it's okay now; I keep forgetting that most people haven't started playing (fully) yet. But I'm enjoying myself! The graphics appear way smoother and the play-engine takes a little getting used too, but it's fine now. Benefit of unlimited access, you learn fast :wink:
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    Season 1: Vanuit Het Hart *From the Heart* FC Utrecht

Yy3DyFC.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nice, reading a little native tongue here :wink:
    Well spelled, good luck in the Domstad (City of the Dom, or Cathedral)
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    7RpnLY5.jpg

57JFr1e.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    OKVeA3q.jpg
  • Ashy
    8069 posts League Winner
    Glad you picked Utrecht!
    I'm not surprised with your objectives apart from domestic success, I'm not sure what their goal for you is but after finishing 5th last season, around 12 points off 4th place (qualification to the Europa League) I think top 4 challenge is all they can ask for.

I'm not familiar with any of the current players but I'm sure I'll learn about them in the coming weeks, I wonder what young talent you'll be looking at preferably Dutch ones.
  • JoshDFC
    1638 posts Play-Off Hero
    An interesting story something new. Don't know much about Utrecht know **** Advocaat had a spell with Sunderland but looking forward to some of your ideas for this story there so much I think you are going to do with it
  • Wyojasond
    8757 posts League Winner
    Nice, reading a little native tongue here :wink:
    Well spelled, good luck in the Domstad (City of the Dom, or Cathedral)
    Glad you picked Utrecht!
    I'm not surprised with your objectives apart from domestic success, I'm not sure what their goal for you is but after finishing 5th last season, around 12 points off 4th place (qualification to the Europa League) I think top 4 challenge is all they can ask for.

I'm not familiar with any of the current players but I'm sure I'll learn about them in the coming weeks, I wonder what young talent you'll be looking at preferably Dutch ones.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    An interesting story something new. Don't know much about Utrecht know **** Advocaat had a spell with Sunderland but looking forward to some of your ideas for this story there so much I think you are going to do with it

Thanks guys. VVV was very tempting but I think with the basis of the story it didn’t quite work. I’m excited to see where this story can go. Utrecht has a lot of players that tend to play towards my strengths, but I will playing according to our current coaches tactics. Actually ended up buying the Champions Edition so I’ll have access back to the game tonight so the story will be back soon.