The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• RayS
    26578 posts Player of the Year
    Potm vela? Surely it should have been ibra with a rb vela right?

i'm confused if they are confused or if they just didn't look at Septebmers stats lol
  • Ryno
    6323 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »

i'm confused if they are confused or if they just didn't look at Septebmers stats lol

• RayS
    edited October 14
    Ryno wrote: »

Except that he broke the record in October lol

I'll take it, in any case. Would be awesome if we got that EoaE Schweinsteiger too now (and a scream Ibra??)
  • SuperSonicSean
    6048 posts Big Money Move
    A little strange that it's Vela and not Ibra, but I'll take it. He's going to tear people up with that left footed finesse shot from the CAM position.
  • RayS
    I know Fantasy kinda fizzled out this year, but that doesn't mean we can't do a bracket challenge!!

Enter if you dare

Fill out your bracket:
    https://bracket.mlssoccer.com/#brackets

Join our league here:
    https://bracket.mlssoccer.com/#league/standings/1955?code=62CHYAEL
  • RayS
    Well guys, if any of you stocked up on high rated MLS cards for any of our potential SBCs, now may be the time to offload em.

Also, join our bracket challenge! I only see one other entrant!!! ^
  • Ryno
    edited October 15
    If you had asked me before, I'd say NYCFC aren't the favorites to win, but here I am picking them to win the whole thing

Also, 250k for Schwieni is a little steep...
  • Chubbs
    14462 posts Has That Special Something
    Coin wise I know I shouldnt but will be doing Bastion as soon as I get home. Think this is what I will end up with for the time being in a 4231.

066f8bfc2d38e4e972cee75eee1d378c.png
  • RayS
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Coin wise I know I shouldnt but will be doing Bastion as soon as I get home. Think this is what I will end up with for the time being in a 4231.

Gotta work all the MLS SBC players you can :)

Great looking squad
  • Chubbs
    If you had asked me before, I'd say NYCFC aren't the favorites to win, but here I am picking them to win the whole thing

I picked them too, they dont look unreal on paper but think they have the team to do it. LAFC just dont look like a team to win in the playoffs without a midfield or defense.
  • Chubbs

Gotta work all the MLS SBC players you can :)

Great looking squad

I dont want to have to sell Lampard because he has been great but with Basti now I dont have a place for him. Might get me a tasty Nesta or ICON CB to use instead of Boateng.
  • RayS
    only negative now is if McKennie gets an IF... i don't htink i can work POTM, Josef, POTM Vela, EoaE Schweiny, and McKennie all in one team on full chem even with Mid Nakata!
  • Ryno

I picked them too, they dont look unreal on paper but think they have the team to do it. LAFC just dont look like a team to win in the playoffs without a midfield or defense.

And if they face the Galaxy they definitely will lose, but if the Galaxy lose their opening game, I think LAFC will take it. Galaxy have LAFC in their back pocket, but not everyone else
  • RayS
    Will probably just plug Schweiny in for Chara straight here

Screenshot-20191015-125907.png
  • SuperSonicSean
    6048 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 15
    I have 4,000 coins after doing POTM Martinez and Vela back to back. Basti costs 250K and expires in a week. Somehow I'm going to find a way to complete him, even if I must sell my entire club.
    20191015-144520.png
  • RayS
    Yeah the one gripe I have about the SBC is the expiration. Should be at least two weeks if not a month. No way a casual player can just magically cough up 250k from scratch
  • Chubbs
    Yeah the one gripe I have about the SBC is the expiration. Should be at least two weeks if not a month. No way a casual player can just magically cough up 250k from scratch

You could get closes to it from a week of SB, Rivals, and Champs. I know a "casual" wouldnt play all of that each week but could grind for one week and get close to it.
  • Ryno
    edited October 15

You could get closes to it from a week of SB, Rivals, and Champs. I know a "casual" wouldnt play all of that each week but could grind for one week and get close to it.

I wouldn't consider myself a casual, and that's just impossible to do when working a 9-5, without essentially giving all your free time to the game. So I guess what you say is still technically true
  • Chubbs
    edited October 15

I wouldn't consider myself a casual, and that's just impossible to do when working a 9-5, without essentially giving all your free time to the game. So I guess what you say is still technically true

Assuming one is close to the 2000 WL points it would be about 3-4 hours of Squad Battles and 6-8 of Weekend League (depending on skill level could be way shorter) and maybe 2-3 hour of Rivals to get an easy 150k plus some packs. That would also take into account that the average person could get 13-115 wins in WL. I would think a solid 10-11 hours during the week would be all it takes which isnt too much to ask for a solid reward with no money spent.
  • Ryno

Saw this earlier, insanely funny. Is there any Orlando fans in this lounge I can make fun of for being a fan of such a terrible club? Lol
  • Chubbs

Saw this earlier, insanely funny. Is there any Orlando fans in this lounge I can make fun of for being a fan of such a terrible club? Lol

Really kind of wish they would turn it around though. They have too good an atmosphere and supporters for the product on the field. Would make for some fun rivalries. That being said maybe Nashville can provide the same thing. Ahsout the same distance but a way better city for an away day.
  • Chubbs
    Didn't think it could get worse. It indeed, does, keep getting worse.
  • Ryno
    You know what the difference between Alphonso Davies and Christian Pulisic is?

One isn't treated as the next coming of Christ and is given the weight of a whole nation on his shoulders. Feel bad for Pulisic, but can't help but be impressed by Davies.

Thats not even mentioning how trash this USMNT looks anyway
  • RayS
    I give up
  • Chubbs
    Cant wait to see the presser. Somethings got to give.
  • Ryno
    Why do we always wait until it's way too late to realize we aren't where we should be? This country's national soccer landscape needs to get its **** in gear
  • Chubbs
    Even though Im mad at the USMNT I would love a red McKennie
  • RayS
    That IF McKennie looks beastly. A little bittersweet coming off our wretched real life performance last night
  • Ryno
    Even though Im mad at the USMNT I would love a red McKennie

If I get **** reds this week, I'm at least hoping to get McKennie or a JACK member