The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• Chubbs
    14468 posts Has That Special Something
    RayS wrote: »
    MLS League SBC pro tip:

There's a bunch of MLS silvers on the market for 300 coins or less (even for 200 coins if you search throughout the day). If you're planning to do the MLS SBC may as well start stocking up on MLS silvers since you'll need em for the SBC and can sell surplus back at a profit once the SBC drops.

May as well set filter to 350 - 400 coins to pick up discard golds as well (and 650-700 for the rare golds)

Are league SBC's confirmed to happen again this year?
  • Ryno
    6339 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »
    MLS League SBC pro tip:

There's a bunch of MLS silvers on the market for 300 coins or less (even for 200 coins if you search throughout the day). If you're planning to do the MLS SBC may as well start stocking up on MLS silvers since you'll need em for the SBC and can sell surplus back at a profit once the SBC drops.

May as well set filter to 350 - 400 coins to pick up discard golds as well (and 650-700 for the rare golds)

Thats a good point. They were out by this time last year
  • RayS
    26724 posts Player of the Year
    Ryno wrote: »
    MLS League SBC pro tip:

Thats a good point. They were out by this time last year

Yeah... I've halted my league SBC prep for now... will resume my prep if they start releasing league SBCs
  • Chubbs
    Nagbe with an early goal, would love for him to get an inform.
  • Chubbs
    Record breaking Vela? Didn't Josef get one last year for breaking the single season goals record?
  • SuperSonicSean
    6058 posts Big Money Move
    Orlando is getting clapped. I wish my Fire could have played like this all season. Perhaps this game would actually mean something.
  • Chubbs
    edited October 6
    Gressel inform maybe. 1g2a

Vela with a hatty so should at least get that inform if he doesn't get a RB
  • Antparry92
    17958 posts World Class
    Gressel inform maybe. 1g2a

Vela with a hatty so should at least get that inform if he doesn't get a RB
    Two possible IF’s then.

Mitrita for what it’s worth is a lot of fun
  • RayS
    Assuming we get both POTM Ibra and RB Vela, think I'll try this out.

Start for chem
    Screenshot-20191007-203431.png

IG
    Screenshot-20191007-203510.png
  • RayS
    POTM Josef SBC still has a week to expire, so I wonder if we won't get our Sept POTM SBC till next Tues
  • Chubbs
    edited October 8
    Ive sold up and am playing with this. Really wish Miggy gave Josef chem, wanted to get him into my team. 4231 in game with Ibra at CCAM

56c7cabb677674484c184c61e3cd4160.png

• RayS
    Ive sold up and am playing with this. Really wish Miggy gave Josef chem, wanted to get him into my team. 4231 in game with Ibra at CCAM

Love the full chem. How does it play?
  • Chubbs

Love the full chem. How does it play?

Very good tbh. Still competitive because I think Ibras best spot is ripping shot from sitting deep and making little runs off a striker. The two outside CAMs are just for sprinting and getting in behind almost like a 433 just distributing more. The CDMs arent Allan or Gueye but are fine. Tinnerholm is actually pretty solid too. Hated having my team devalue so it works for now. Will give a go this weekend as well and see where I am after a couple of weeks. Thinking about buying a ton of cheap 87-88s and hoping. I have no clue how to trade so will just take some risks with investments. Surely they will release something soon that will require higher rated players.
  • Ryno
    Schweinsteiger retiring at the end of the season
  • RayS

EoaE Schweiny!!!

he was a good servant to Chicago
  • Ryno

EoaE Schweiny!!!

he was a good servant to Chicago

That man put up with a lot of poor form and an uncharacteristic positional change and should be greatly respected for doing so respectfully
  • RayS
    the [FUT] question is though... do they release him as a CB??
  • Chubbs
    No Vela in the TOTW means we are 100% getting a RB
  • RayS

really hopin so
  • Chubbs

really hopin so

I bought 20 Mitritas for discard in case of MLS SBC for POTW or RB. Cant go wrong on that one.
  • SuperSonicSean
    6058 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 9
    Hats off to Schweini. He's had an incredible career, and has been a great ambassador for the game in Chicago. I have a great deal of respect for him coming in as a (once) world-class midfielder, but just put his head down and got to work playing CB when the coach asked him to. He never once complained about the position change, the coach, or the club to my knowledge. And he would have had every right to.

We failed him as a club. We only made the playoffs once during his tenure, and immediately got thrashed by Red Bull. He was the right player, but at the wrong time. Our rosters over the years had the talent to make the playoffs, yet we always seemed to be less than the sum of our parts. We didn't deserve a player like Schweinsteiger.
    I hope he finds fulfilment in retirement, and hopefully our fortunes will change with the move/rebrand next season. Bring on the EoaE Schweini!
  • Chubbs
    Inform McKennie bois!!
  • Pooter
    3036 posts National Call-Up
    I watched some of the coverage of the MLS on a betting webpage (I won't mention it), but is this real that they have fireworks per goal or is that some stadiums?
  • Chubbs
    Morris inform 2a 1g 10 minutes in
  • RayS
    And there's the Hatty! Write down that IF McKennie!
  • RayS
    Pooter wrote: »
    I watched some of the coverage of the MLS on a betting webpage (I won't mention it), but is this real that they have fireworks per goal or is that some stadiums?

@Pooter
    It's just some stadiums. Others have fire that shoots out of pipes behind the goals, men dressed as revolutionary war soldiers firing muskets, a real lumberjack cutting off a slice of tree, or smoke and train horns blaring out
  • Pooter
    3036 posts National Call-Up

@Pooter
    It's just some stadiums. Others have fire that shoots out of pipes behind the goals, men dressed as revolutionary war soldiers firing muskets, a real lumberjack cutting off a slice of tree, or smoke and train horns blaring out

I assume that's the Portland Timbers club?? Serious? Wow!! Ingenious, well, not for the environment
  • RayS

@Pooter

I assume that's the Portland Timbers club?? Serious? Wow!! Ingenious, well, not for the environment

Good guess! Yup (and the goal scorer gets to keep the slice of tree the guy cuts off. Cooler than keeping a match ball)! And Portland are probably some of the most hipster and environmentally conscious people in the US lol. So I bet they plant 10 trees for every one they cut down .
  • RCTID
    412 posts Sunday League Hero

@Pooter

Good guess! Yup (and the goal scorer gets to keep the slice of tree the guy cuts off. Cooler than keeping a match ball)! And Portland are probably some of the most hipster and environmentally conscious people in the US lol. So I bet they plant 10 trees for every one they cut down .

You got this pretty close!!!

There is green and/or gold smoke that goes off for each goal scored. And yes there is the log slice for each goal that is cut off the log right after the goal is scored. The slice is then passed all around the Timbers Army section. Each player is given their slice after game. The Keeper also gets a log slice for a clean sheet. Then there is the "Score a Goal Plant a Tree" program. A tree gets planted somewhere within the Portland City Limits for every goal scored during the season.
  • Potm vela? Surely it should have been ibra with a rb vela right?