The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• SuperSonicSean
    5944 posts Big Money Move
    Thanks, man. I had no idea Metanire was playing for his national team, but it's nice to see he's representing the league well in international play.
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Gustavo Bou scores on his debut for the Revs. He will be a nice addition for us. Keep that check book open Mr Kraft!!
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited July 18
    Zlatan saving face as always. MLS now >>>>>>>>>> MLS from a decade ago. This league wasn't a viable option for players of his caliber in their prime back then. TBF, it still isn't, but it's trending that way. The fact that we can actually compete with European clubs to sign guys like Vela, Pozuelo, Pity Martinez, Barco, Lodeiro, etc. when they still have good years ahead of them shows just how far we've come.

I'll give Zlatan credit though: the fact that he's still balling at 37 and in consideration for best player in MLS shows just how good of a player he is. Could Vela still do what he's doing at 37? Arjen Robben just hung up the boots at 35, and he's been a shell of his former self these past few years.
  • RayS
    25327 posts Player of the Year
    FUTTIES Alessandrini in weekly obj!!

Win 3 SB on min World Class with 11 MLS players. EZ I got a team already.
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »

gonna need that.
  • Antparry92
    17556 posts World Class
    And to think I was gonna do my 3rd and final round of the MLS SBC this week cause I was bored and had 300k knocking about :joy:

Zlatan in the side to hit the Swedish Futswap player objective as well. MLS silvers for the other one
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited July 19
    These prices are ridiculous. I'm selling my gold MLS defenders for near max.

Speaking of gold defenders, Giancarlo Gonzalez has a transfer card for LA Galaxy now. I'd pick him up if all MLS players weren't price fixed right now.
  • FUT_CPFC
    978 posts Professional

Really need some defenders to be released (and Howard re-released!). Midfield and attack are now brimming with TOTS, TOTS Moments, flashbacks, scream, SBC, FUTties etc. that without hybrid, it’s difficult to make a decent MLS. Could do with Yedlin re-release too
  • Antparry92
    17556 posts World Class
    Ibra backing himself up after that Vela talk before the traffico :joy:
  • FUT_CPFC
    978 posts Professional
    Any news on AS being released? With moments Martinez and FUTties Alessandrini, I’m not hopeful. Sat on 1.1M coins to build a competitive MLS team, but tempted to do icon CB SBC and hybrid it :#
  • RayS
    SBC Opara or Lawrence incoming???

• RayS
    Dagnabbit gonna have to grind getting all these players again in case they do MLS too haha
  • Antparry92
    17556 posts World Class
    Dagnabbit gonna have to grind getting all these players again in case they do MLS too haha

Would be over the moon at that!
    Keeping coins spare atm for AS or anything MLS related
  • SuperSonicSean
    This is why I completed the majority of the MLS SBC a 4th time. I only have like 1 or 2 teams remaining, and I've been saving them for a 4th league SBC player pick. Good to know that that's finally paid off. And yeah, we desperately need some defenders. Preferably a LB, which is the only spot that has yet to receive a special card.
  • RayS
    firing up the old silver player method. it is an oddly satisfying challenge.
  • Antparry92
    17556 posts World Class
    Elaborate?
  • RayS
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Elaborate?

Set your filter to silvers (in MLS of course) and your max BIN filter to something pretty low. If you set it too low, you obviously won't get any players. If you set it too high, you'll be overpaying for players.

It takes a little playing to find the right price (on Xbox it seems to be 500 ), but once you get a good price, just start BINing all the silvers that pop up. You'll need to come back to it throughout the day to keep picking up more and more silvers. If you get dupes, compare prices on the dupe and see if you can offload it even 50 coins more than u paid for (sometimes u can offload it for a couple hundred or more coins). By doing this you can actually recoup a lot of the coins u spend to buy the silvers you keep.

Keep at it until you amass a large quantity of silvers, and then u can see how much of the SBC teams you can fill out. Fill in the gaps with Bronzes or cheap golds you can find.

Lemme know if u have any more questions on the method. There is some nuance to it. For example you'll find some players that keep popping up under the price max range and that may not be worth buying duplicates of bc you can barely sell them back for more than you bought them.
  • Antparry92
    17556 posts World Class
    I do that myself usually tbf. Just when you said challenge at the end I thought you might have meant the silver objective for some reason haha
  • RayS
    I do that myself usually tbf. Just when you said challenge at the end I thought you might have meant the silver objective for some reason haha

nah, just spamming searching on MLS players throughout the day
  • SuperSonicSean
    Can't wait to get smacked by Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup today. :s

I don't even know why my Fire are in this competition. We're awful.
  • RayS
    Can't wait to get smacked by Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup today. :s

I don't even know why my Fire are in this competition. We're awful.

0-2 isn't too bad lol

interesting how much MLS is pushing partnership with Liga MX. They've already announced going to 16 teams next year. If this is something that both leagues take seriously, it could be really fun tbh. Heck, the MLS season is so long, they could even take a little "inter league break" and play the Leagues Cup.
  • RayS
    edited July 24
    EA releasing Akanji as the 4th option for the Bundes League SBC gives me some hope we really might get Opara for MLS.

slowly but surely filling out the SBC teams.
  • SuperSonicSean
    Old man Beasley! He's like the Vince Carter of soccer. At least once a year he does something you don't expect from a man of his age.
  • Chubbs
    14272 posts Has That Special Something
    Old man Beasley! He's like the Vince Carter of soccer. At least once a year he does something you don't expect from a man of his age.

Really enjoyed watching that.
  • RayS
    All 23 teams filled out and ready to submit...

Watch us not get our 4th choice now :(

Someone did mention EA said a while back only "select" leagues would get 4th choice... hopefully MLS makes the cut.
  • FUT_CPFC
    978 posts Professional
    Anyone tried with 90 Vela or 91 Alessandrini as a CM? Have built a 352, but really struggling with getting my wide players involved (always played 4312 or 41212(2)). Really want to use an MLS team but too many good midfielders/forwards have been released to get them all in :joy:
  • RayS
    FUT_CPFC wrote: »
    Anyone tried with 90 Vela or 91 Alessandrini as a CM? Have built a 352, but really struggling with getting my wide players involved (always played 4312 or 41212(2)). Really want to use an MLS team but too many good midfielders/forwards have been released to get them all in :joy:

Imo Scream Schweiny + FB Bradley are the perfect choice for CM in 352. That's exactly what I play
  • Antparry92
    17556 posts World Class
    edited July 25
    2c9ee36f54761c170c7b9e8cb2925c3c.png
  • FUT_CPFC
    978 posts Professional
    FUT_CPFC wrote: »

Imo Scream Schweiny + FB Bradley are the perfect choice for CM in 352. That's exactly what I play
    2c9ee36f54761c170c7b9e8cb2925c3c.png

Just realised I’ve been playing 3412 and not 352... regardless, I still struggle to get my wide players involved as I’m so used to playing without wingers. W1 D1 L2 so far with this (swapping Bradley & Gullit IG)

nPMcn7T.jpg

I’ve picked up FB Rooney today and just trying to get as many MLS players in, playing narrow and not neglecting defensive duties (which Bradley & Rooney should pick up fine)