The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• I spent a large amount of my cr7 funds on keane and best for my squad. This guy is a must do for me though.
  • RayS
    25277 posts Player of the Year
    I spent a large amount of my cr7 funds on keane and best for my squad. This guy is a must do for me though.

u gonna have to update your profile pic then ;)
  • SuperSonicSean
    5941 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 24
    @RayS How is that 86 Alisson working out for you? I just packed FFS Eder Militao, and I need to use a Brazilian GK to run him on full chem. I'm looking at Ederson, Alisson, and Neto.
  • RayS
    @RayS How is that 86 Alisson working out for you? I just packed FFS Eder Militao, and I need to use a Brazilian GK to run him on full chem. I'm looking at Ederson, Alisson, and Neto.

Perfectly fine honestly. I was a little nervous going from NIF DDG to him, but I wanted a keeper with better distribution. Haven’t noticed a difference in his shot stopping vs DDG, but his distribution is better for sure.
  • SuperSonicSean
    RayS wrote: »

Perfectly fine honestly. I was a little nervous going from NIF DDG to him, but I wanted a keeper with better distribution. Haven’t noticed a difference in his shot stopping vs DDG, but his distribution is better for sure.

You like him better than DDG? what made you switch? Surely there's a reason 90% of the people I play online use him, and he would fit your squad. I'll give Alisson a shot, but I'm a little worried coming from Courtois, whom I feel is the best keeper in the game. That height makes all the difference in FIFA.
  • RayS

You like him better than DDG? what made you switch? Surely there's a reason 90% of the people I play online use him, and he would fit your squad. I'll give Alisson a shot, but I'm a little worried coming from Courtois, whom I feel is the best keeper in the game. That height makes all the difference in FIFA.

overall I like him better yeah. With high end keepers though, I feel like they are all pretty similar. Neuer, DDG, Alisson all let in weird goals.
  • RayS

overall I like him better yeah. With high end keepers though, I feel like they are all pretty similar. Neuer, DDG, Alisson all let in weird goals.

Lloris is another one I've used who I feel is as good as DDG at shot stopping at least. Lloris is noticeably worse at distributing the ball than DDG though.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    Had to get Wayne, not a manchester united/dc united/england fan by any stretch. But Rooney was one of those stars of the game that penetrated the states when I was younger. Eventually I'll swap amberLamps for Stevie G and that'll probably be my team finished until 20 if i get it
    nwOjfkU.png

And 74 stamina my ****

• SuperSonicSean
    edited January 25

I'm flat out broke after getting Rooney, so I'll try out NIF Alisson and see how he plays before upgrading to his OTW. I appreciate the advice.
  • RayS
    EA could easily make me broke by churning out more MLS SBCs. I’d do every one without a second thought :D

Purple Rooney brought down my cost by a meager 12k or so, but I feel it was fitting that Purple Rooney was traded for FB Rooney
  • Antparry92
    17514 posts World Class
    I absolutely cannot stand Giovinco!!! :rage:

Such a flat track bully. Anyone half decent he’s awful against and just gets rag dolled everywhere. He was annoying me as it was as of late and now he’s gonna and missed two sitters in my last WL game for the win
  • RayS
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Such a flat track bully. Anyone half decent he’s awful against and just gets rag dolled everywhere. He was annoying me as it was as of late and now he’s gonna and missed two sitters in my last WL game for the win

Giovinco is but a distant memory for me. Long replaced by by my other DPs B)

also, 5-3 ET win in my first WL match with FB Rooney. He didn't get on the scoresheet, but he made good runs, held the ball well, and was definitely noticeable quicker than his SBC card. Too early to say whether I'll stick with him or MVP Josef though. I would ideally like Zlatan at CAM with Rooney AND Josef up top, but I'm afraid that'll leave me too light in the midfield.
  • Ryno
    6078 posts Big Money Move
    Giovinco to Saudi Arabia apparently
  • SuperSonicSean
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Between FB Ibrahimovic, FB Rooney, MVP Martinez, SIF Valeri, IF Vela, etc., there is no reason you should still be running Giovinco in your squad. Only excuse is if you need Italian links for a Serie A hybrid. He's outclassed by at least half a dozen players now.
    Ryno wrote: »
    Giovinco to Saudi Arabia apparently

Just rumors. TFC said they have not received offers for him. I really hope he doesn't leave MLS.
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited January 26
    @RayS lied to me. Alisson is doo-doo. He's yet to even get a 7.0 rating in WL so far. Every match, the number of shots on goal - 1 = the number of goals I concede. Might as well have a traffic cone in goal instead.
    I'm gonna give Ederson a shot. If he doesn't work, I'll go Neto.

Also, anyone else excited for the USMNT game tomorrow? First game for Berhalter.
  • RayS
    @RayS lied to me. Alisson is doo-doo. He's yet to even get a 7.0 rating in WL so far. Every match, the number of shots on goal - 1 = the number of goals I concede. Might as well have a traffic cone in goal instead.

Also, anyone else excited for the USMNT game tomorrow? First game for Berhalter.

His IF must be the difference! Jk idk. He does perfectly fine for me and actually had been especially impressive for me this WL. *shrug* sorry man

Totally forgot about the Jan camp games :D definitely will be exciting to have this first look even without our big names
  • @SuperSonicSean @RayS what divisions do you play in?
  • RayS
    @SuperSonicSean @RayS what divisions do you play in?

D5
  • SuperSonicSean

His IF must be the difference! Jk idk. He does perfectly fine for me and actually had been especially impressive for me this WL. *shrug* sorry man

I'm using the OTW with Basic. Courtois was a million times better. I think there's only 3 or 4 different tiers of GK. You've got DDG/Neuer/Courtois in the S tier. Oblak/Handanovic/Lloris in the A tier. There's a few like Szczesney, Buffon, and Ter Stegen in the B tier. And finally, everyone else plays basically the same in the C tier (with the exception of Flashback Casillas. I'd rather have a bronze than to have him in goal again).
    Alisson couldn't make a save with a book full of coupons. Idk what it is for him.

@AngryFUTplayer I'm D5/Gold 3. I came within 1 game of D4 this week and proceeded to play 10 million+ coin teams until I fell down to 1400 skill rating again.
  • dratsum401
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @SuperSonicSean dont know if he would fit the team but Ederson has been good for me this year.
  • SuperSonicSean
    dratsum401 wrote: »
    @SuperSonicSean dont know if he would fit the team but Ederson has been good for me this year.

I just need any Brazilian GK. I'll try him next. I'm worried about his height though. I rarely use GK under 6'3".
  • Antparry92
    17514 posts World Class
    I’ve gone and done the unthinkable...I’ve put non MLS players in to my MLS side...

Gio dropped for Rui Costa
    LGP dropped for Baresi (loan)
  • Chubbs
    14256 posts Has That Special Something
  • SuperSonicSean
    We already lost Villa without him getting a flashback card or any sort of in form with MLS. It would pain me to see Giovinco leave under the same circumstances. At least get an IF first so I can use you again lol.
  • RayS
    the lack of discussion of the US vs Panama game matches the lack of attendance of the actual game. which, tbf, I didn't watch myself because I don't have ESPN (stupid Sling.tv!). Watched the highlights though and there were promising signs for sure. Apparently Mihailovic really impressing in camp so far. His goal was straight at the keeper, but nice to see him get his first international goal.
  • Ahmer50x
    17111 posts World Class
    the lack of discussion of the US vs Panama game matches the lack of attendance of the actual game. which, tbf, I didn't watch myself because I don't have ESPN (stupid Sling.tv!). Watched the highlights though and there were promising signs for sure. Apparently Mihailovic really impressing in camp so far. His goal was straight at the keeper, but nice to see him get his first international goal.

Sling does offer ESPN?
  • RayS
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Sling does offer ESPN?

you have to choose between the NBC/Fox package or the ESPN package... if you're cheap like me. You can pay extra to have em both.
  • SuperSonicSean
    I had the game on in the background, and looked up when stuff happened. Milailovic looks to be the big surprise of this young team. I liked seeing Berhalter borrow a page from Pep's book too. They were playing a 442 in defense that morphed into a fluid 343 in attack. Lima was running all up and down that right side. It was quite amazing to watch. That kind of dynamic fullback play is uncommon for US teams. I hope he can implement this system long-term and establish an identity for us moving forward. I'm excited.

Also Ike Opara to Minnesota. RIP Besler-Opara hyperlinks in my back line.
  • Ryno
    6078 posts Big Money Move
    $1 mil in allocation is good business seeing as we weren't going to give him the contract he wanted anyway
  • Antparry92
    17514 posts World Class
    Hello best CB pairing in the league....move along Parker and Long...here comes Waston and Opara <3