The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• RayS
    25671 posts Player of the Year
    RCTID wrote: »
    RayS wrote: »
    Just noticed they gave Nagbe 4* skills. Nice
    No way. His dribbling and close control should be way higher than it has been, but he is not a skill move guy. Just a great technical dribbler with amazing balance.

Tbh their skill moves updates seem a bit random on some
  • !!!!!!!!HYPE!!!!!!!!!
  • RayS
    Always was hopin for the best for Endoh. At least he’s tearin it up in the USL

• SuperSonicSean
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »
    Just noticed they gave Nagbe 4* skills. Nice

But they downgraded him to a silver and moved him to CM. Boo. I don't think he warrants 4* skills TBH. Now Katai on the other hand...he deserves the skills and the gold rating upgrade. I can't wait to try him out. It's funny he plays well one season here and gets a gold card. David Accam lit it up in Chicago for years and never got a gold card (given his play in Philly though, I can't say he deserves one). I guess it's the Besler Effect.
  • Ryno
    6166 posts Big Money Move
    Gerso and BWP, start the year off right!

• Chubbs
    14399 posts Has That Special Something
    Gross. Didnt realize Gerso was 2*3*. BWP looks bad too.
  • Ryno
    Chubbs wrote: »

Gerso can't use his right foot to save his life IRL, surprised its not 1*
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ryno wrote: »
    Gerso and BWP, start the year off right!

Oh man I didn’t notice Gerso was in until I saw this here!!! What a way to start!
  • Ryno
    Gerso has that 96 agility and 99 balance though. Mad.
  • RayS
    dangit FUThead doesn't have the IF players for the squad builder yet, and FUTwiz doens't show the team full screen so I can screen cap it lol

anyhow, I think this could be a fun team with our shiny new IFs

https://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa19/squad/30115
  • RayS
    IF BWP with the highest finishing in the league now (89, +6 from NIF) even higher than Zlatan (86) and Villa (85).

Some other nice boosts:
    +6
    Heading (84)
    Positioning (91)

+5
    Shot power (80)
    Volleys (77)
    Short passing (71)
  • RayS
    Ryno wrote: »
    Gerso has that 96 agility and 99 balance though. Mad.

also with the +8 on Finishing (still only 71 lol) and +9 (!!!) on stamina
  • Chubbs wrote: »

Where is my dislike button for ridiculous comments like this?
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    So glad there’s a week 1 BWP, will be a striker I keep from day 1
  • RayS
    I’ve never really given BWP a shot in FUT even with previous IFs so I’d like to try him at least early days. I like the guy irl
  • SuperSonicSean
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Gerso will be a decent super sub with finisher, but I don't think either IF will see much use. Still rather have Villa's 5* WF. Throw a Hunter on him and he'll be fine. Ibra and Rudiaz look decent too.

BWP is good in real life, but on FIFA, he doesn't have the pace, strength, or aerial ability to score consistently. There's no gimmicks to him.
  • BWP is one of my favorite players in real life. Think my goal is to try to break his 100 goal record
  • hockeyphenom87
    7050 posts Big Money Move
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Game looks a lot like 18. Still holding dead set on not buying it.
    Played the beta and it plays nothing like it

I played it too and it was the same game. The only reason it feels different is because you aren't using +90 players with chem cards for 11 months. Using slow players and non meta/+90 rated cards is the difference. They added timed finishing and essentially updated the game. It's the same thing for 3 or 4 years running.

Every bit of gameplay I've watched is the exact same 1-2 nightmare that only falls apart at the final ball. It's the same exact thing the entirety of 18 was. There's no build up, no tactics, etc. It's the same trash you've had in your trash can but you're putting it in a shiny new bag every year. I'm convinced. NHL actually did a terrific job of changing their game this year.

Fifa team with their budget should take notes.
  • Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class

I played it too and it was the same game. The only reason it feels different is because you aren't using +90 players with chem cards for 11 months. Using slow players and non meta/+90 rated cards is the difference. They added timed finishing and essentially updated the game. It's the same thing for 3 or 4 years running.

Every bit of gameplay I've watched is the exact same 1-2 nightmare that only falls apart at the final ball. It's the same exact thing the entirety of 18 was. There's no build up, no tactics, etc. It's the same trash you've had in your trash can but you're putting it in a shiny new bag every year. I'm convinced. NHL actually did a terrific job of changing their game this year.

You’re talking to the fella who probably uses the most unusual/not OP squads on the forum until I got stupidly lucky over TOTS
  • hockeyphenom87
    7050 posts Big Money Move

You’re talking to the fella who probably uses the most unusual/not OP squads on the forum until I got stupidly lucky over TOTS

And? You're still using high rated cards vs 77 Spanish players with 54 pace in the beta. Point is, you're playing with players who are inferior than whatever you're used to. It has nothing to do with you using Deco at CDM or using Pogba at CAM. It has everything to do with the "oh this feels so much better and different" comments people are shouting the first month.

The same cycle happens over and over. One very important in game mechanic is changed, UI is changed, music changes, some different presentation and new shiny cards. Suddenly it has a magical feel and by the time November rolls around and youre playing +85 rated squads, those 1-2 nightmares are the same thing as 11 months of 18.

When they finally destroyed the effectiveness of the over the top balls, the game changed - drastically. Damn near every change on goal for 3 years was LB+Y. Now it's a 1-2 from the back to the opponents goal. Until passing is entirely revamped, this will just be another "version" of fifa 17.
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    BWP doesn’t look so bad. Can’t decide on whether to give him hawk or engine. Def needs a bit of pace but don’t know if I’d like better finishing or better dribbling

Also. It’s killing me that maestro no longer gives a finishing boost
  • Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class
    4 all player packs and 2 gold packs should see me pack something MLS related right?
  • RCTID
    409 posts Sunday League Hero

And? You're still using high rated cards vs 77 Spanish players with 54 pace in the beta. Point is, you're playing with players who are inferior than whatever you're used to. It has nothing to do with you using Deco at CDM or using Pogba at CAM. It has everything to do with the "oh this feels so much better and different" comments people are shouting the first month.

The same cycle happens over and over. One very important in game mechanic is changed, UI is changed, music changes, some different presentation and new shiny cards. Suddenly it has a magical feel and by the time November rolls around and youre playing +85 rated squads, those 1-2 nightmares are the same thing as 11 months of 18.

When they finally destroyed the effectiveness of the over the top balls, the game changed - drastically. Damn near every change on goal for 3 years was LB+Y. Now it's a 1-2 from the back to the opponents goal. Until passing is entirely revamped, this will just be another "version" of fifa 17.

I said the same thing earlier. FIFA 19 will be a great game for about a month. Fifa 18 was great for 2 or 3 weeks, then the first patch massively increased the speed of the game. It also had a lot to do with the crazy stat boosts from 100 chem squads and chem cards. Patches try to adjust game play to keep up with more and better cards on the market. You end up with 90 rated squads and a game that isn't anything like a football sim.

Stop playing FUT for a week and play Career Mode sometime around the end of January. They are two different games by that point. One is an arcade style played at a ridiculously fast pace. The other is a pretty decent football game.
  • Chubbs
    14399 posts Has That Special Something
    4 all player packs and 2 gold packs should see me pack something MLS related right?

Is the all player packs the 4g4s4b one rare?
  • Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class
    Chubbs wrote: »

Is the all player packs the 4g4s4b one rare?

As far as I’m aware yes. Hence why I should have a pretty decent chance of packing a few MLS players
  • Antparry92
    17691 posts World Class
    Katai, Shawn Barry and Bono in my starters
  • Ryno
    Tyler Adams, Jose Fontas in mine
  • RCTID
    409 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018
    Can't complain with this from my starters

4KZcFxz.jpg
  • Antparry92