The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• hellodee
    1181 posts Professional
    Yup Milestones:

1994 world cup
    2002 surprised everyone in world cup (beat mexico)
    2010 drama and thriller ending

Donovan
    Dempsey

Now the new kids

i think we are hosting WC2026.. so that would be something.
  • Gnomenclature
    7691 posts League Winner
    hellodee wrote: »
    Yup Milestones:

1994 world cup

Donovan
    Dempsey

Now the new kids

This current USMNT has got to be the best we have ever had. I still remember our run in the confederations cup before the 08 world cup - that was something special. Donovan and Dempsey were so good in their prime.
  • Gnomenclature
    7691 posts League Winner
    Yup Milestones:

1994 world cup

Donovan
    Dempsey

Now the new kids

This current USMNT has got to be the best we have ever had. I still remember our run in the confederations cup before the 10 world cup - that was something special. Donovan and Dempsey were so good in their prime.

• hellodee
    1181 posts Professional
    Yup Milestones:

1994 world cup

Donovan
    Dempsey

Now the new kids

This current USMNT has got to be the best we have ever had. I still remember our run in the confederations cup before the 08 world cup - that was something special. Donovan and Dempsey were so good in their prime.

yes i remembered that team. that was the best. we beat spain, and almost beat brazil. it was the injury that killed us. Onewyu and Charlie Davies ( also holden?) all got hurt.

Yeah we are all excited about the new kids
  • Gnomenclature
    7691 posts League Winner
    Yup Milestones:

1994 world cup

Donovan
    Dempsey

Now the new kids

yes i remembered that team. that was the best. we beat spain, and almost beat brazil. it was the injury that killed us. Onewyu and Charlie Davies ( also holden?) all got hurt.

Yeah we are all excited about the new kids

Yeah, davies could have been something really great had he not been a dumbass... Didn't he crash his car while intoxicated? Was never the same after that.

Loved Holden too. His injury was a real bummer - I like him as an announcer though lol.
  • RayS
    34078 posts World Cup Winner
    If the trend continues for minor leagues, looks like we can expect 14 players total for MLS TOTS.

11 in packs
    1 SBC
    1 Objective
    1 Silver Star TOTS Moments

In contrast, La Liga has gotten

15 in packs
    11 SBCs (including the two showdown players)
    2 Objective

14 for minor league, 28 for major league.

Personally think it's pretty dumb they short change the minor leagues so much in TOTS.
  • Gnomenclature
    7691 posts League Winner
    RayS wrote: »
    If the trend continues for minor leagues, looks like we can expect 14 players total for MLS TOTS.

11 in packs
    1 SBC
    1 Objective

15 in packs
    2 Objective

Personally think it's pretty dumb they short change the minor leagues so much in TOTS.

This whole tots promo has been weird. SOoo much content for la liga and very little for prem... I have no idea what to expect tbh.
  • RayS

11 in packs
    1 SBC
    1 Objective

15 in packs
    2 Objective

This whole tots promo has been weird. SOoo much content for la liga and very little for prem... I have no idea what to expect tbh.

Ya they randomly started pushing out U23 TOTSM SBCs. Guess they're just making it up as they go!
  • RayS
    They picked the wrong Wolfsburg CB

SMH
  • hellodee
    1181 posts Professional

SMH

Exactly...I guess we don't have enough French players
  • Gnomenclature
    7691 posts League Winner
    Just unlocked Adams from seasons objectives - played 3 rivals games as a stayback CM in 4312 (rays formation he shared). He's better than expected and even got a man of the match without scoring or assisting lol. Not bad considering Reus had a hat trick that game.
  • RayS
    Just unlocked Adams from seasons objectives - played 3 rivals games as a stayback CM in 4312 (rays formation he shared). He's better than expected and even got a man of the match without scoring or assisting lol. Not bad considering Reus had a hat trick that game.

Very nice. What chem style? Does he stay back like he's supposed to even with the H/H work rates?
  • RayS

SMH

It's kinda funny bc they picked THREE Wolfsburg defenders, and Brooks still didn't make it lol
  • hellodee
    1181 posts Professional

SMH

It's kinda funny bc they picked THREE Wolfsburg defenders, and Brooks still didn't make it lol

Yeah it's the same old ... All about the Benjamin
  • Gnomenclature
    7691 posts League Winner

Very nice. What chem style? Does he stay back like he's supposed to even with the H/H work rates?

I have a catalyst on him because I didn't have a shadow available lol. Yeah, he actually stays back - probably due to his 55 positioning lol? He's very similar to kante.
  • Gnomenclature
    7691 posts League Winner
    Full capacity match in Atlanta! A small tear is building up right now... Finally lol.
  • hellodee
    1181 posts Professional
    Played one game with Adams so far... definitely improvement from his big.
  • RayS
    Full capacity match in Atlanta! A small tear is building up right now... Finally lol.

Heck it's about time
  • RayS
    All the Sounders do is win win win
  • Gnomenclature
    7691 posts League Winner
    edited May 17
    All the Sounders do is win win win

Yeah, it's crazy. Only let in 2 goals in 6 games too lol.

If I wasn't a fan, I'd hate them 😆😋
  • RayS
    edited May 18
    noticed that EA are giving extra mega boosts on pace for CBs. For example Otamendi in Liga NOS TOTS with the +26 pace upgrade even though only +9 overall.

Did a little digging also on highest boosted TOTS: Lacroix went from a 66 to a 90.

Applying this convention to say, Walker Zimmerman (DOTY 2020 season), we could say Zimmerman might go from a 73 to a 90 overall.

Scaling up Otamendi's +26 pace upgrade (a 148% increase from his NIF's 54), that could mean Zimmerman's pace could go from 58 to 86, giving a card something like this:

Screenshot-20210517-190314.png

Now that's a CB worthy to partner Opara.
  • hellodee
    1181 posts Professional
    noticed that EA are giving extra mega boosts on pace for CBs. For example Otamendi in Liga NOS TOTS with the +26 pace upgrade even though only +9 overall.

Did a little digging also on highest boosted TOTS: Lacroix went from a 66 to a 90.

Applying this convention to say, Walker Zimmerman (DOTY 2020 season), we could say Zimmerman might go from a 73 to a 90 overall.

Scaling up Otamendi's +26 pace upgrade (a 148% increase from his NIF's 54), that could mean Zimmerman's pace could go from 58 to 86, giving a card something like this:

Let's go. I think only Morris , nagbe, Zimmerman zardes, are worthy mentions for American in mls.

I love to have Zimmerman but we need nagbe in midfield
  • RayS

Let's go. I think only Morris , nagbe, Zimmerman zardes, are worthy mentions for American in mls.

I love to have Zimmerman but we need nagbe in midfield

That storyline Nagbe last year was class. Too bad we only had a couple weeks to enjoy it before FIFA 21 came out lol
  • hellodee
    1181 posts Professional
    Alright serie A today... I don't see weston getting or deserving tots except for maybe getting a moment card..
  • hellodee
    1181 posts Professional
    Alright serie A today... I don't see weston getting or deserving tots except for maybe getting a moment card..

and under 23 sbc correct?
  • Gnomenclature
    7691 posts League Winner

Yeah, I'm thinking he sneaks in as an obj or a u23 player. He's been good at Juve and is an exciting young talent. I hope he gets in somehow.
  • hellodee
    1181 posts Professional
    I still think we will get a other French sbc before American. Hahaha
  • Gnomenclature
    7691 posts League Winner
    I still think we will get a other French sbc before American. Hahaha

Super bummed we didn't get a John Brooks card... He would have been incredible.

• RayS
    edited May 21

Yeah, I'm thinking he sneaks in as an obj or a u23 player. He's been good at Juve and is an exciting young talent. I hope he gets in somehow.

Calling the U23 card now

Fortunately odds are in his favor being a Juve player
  • RayS
    edited May 23
    CSL+Eredivisie confirmed for tomorrow means that MLS is the only minor league left besides ROTW. guess is time to strap in for WL next weekend for some MLS reds