The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• RayS
    30839 posts National Team Captain
    The four star skill moves are nice but it's the only real noticable thing for me atm.

Goes to show just how overpowered the 86 was at the beginning of the game anyway

Yeah for sure, that was a crazy card for us to be given in the opening weeks of the game. It cost quite a bit to do in the beginning (100k or so?) But he was great.

Personally I've really enjoyed TOTS Josef, but I do tend to pass the ball a bit with him. Finishing wise he's unstoppable, but that's probably partially due to my confidence in taking shots with him I normally wouldn't with a lesser card.
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1157 posts Professional
    edited June 8
    RayS wrote: »
    The four star skill moves are nice but it's the only real noticable thing for me atm.

Goes to show just how overpowered the 86 was at the beginning of the game anyway

Yeah for sure, that was a crazy card for us to be given in the opening weeks of the game. It cost quite a bit to do in the beginning (100k or so?) But he was great.

Personally I've really enjoyed TOTS Josef, but I do tend to pass the ball a bit with him. Finishing wise he's unstoppable, but that's probably partially due to my confidence in taking shots with him I normally wouldn't with a lesser card.

Don't get me wrong he's been banging in the goals I just feel like his old card was super OP and this one is super solid, but I don't know. It's like upgrading from a 2019 Lamborghini to a 2020 model. Sure it has new bells and whistles but dude you already had a Lamborghini and spent 300k on a new one.
  • RayS

Don't get me wrong he's been banging in the goals I just feel like his old card was super OP and this one is super solid, but I don't know. It's like upgrading from a 2019 Lamborghini to a 2020 model. Sure it has new bells and whistles but dude you already had a Lamborghini and spent 300k on a new one.

I've always gotta have the 2020 model :p
  • SuperSonicSean
    6157 posts Big Money Move
    @Gnomenclature I missed Nani! He expired on the 4th, and I got my phone back on the 5th. :s I should have been back, but we got held over for an extra 3 weeks after basic training was over due to Covid. I didn't have phone privileges during that time. Mannnn, I hope they bring him back. I loved the 83 version, and you can't go wrong with 5*/5*.

@RayS unlike anyone else's I'm quite sure. We had a normal cycle for all of a week. Then Coronavirus hit and we had to start spacing out, wearing masks, stop singing cadences, and cancel our combatives course. Something changed literally every day as Covid spread. But all in all, it was a good experience. I made lots of good friends, learned about the military and myself, and dropped 22 lbs. Now I'm trying to figure out how I ended up in this crazy alternate universe where all heck has broken loose and MLS/USMNT actually gets good cards in FIFA.

Yo that Opara card has me like:
    2d6844c0-78d8-4ddd-be7e-ef96961cccbe_text.gif
  • SuperSonicSean
    Wait, they're upgrading skill moves and stuff with these fake TOTS cards? 😲
  • RayS
    @Gnomenclature I missed Nani! He expired on the 4th, and I got my phone back on the 5th. :s I should have been back, but we got held over for an extra 3 weeks after basic training was over due to Covid. I didn't have phone privileges during that time. Mannnn, I hope they bring him back. I loved the 83 version, and you can't go wrong with 5*/5*.

@RayS unlike anyone else's I'm quite sure. We had a normal cycle for all of a week. Then Coronavirus hit and we had to start spacing out, wearing masks, stop singing cadences, and cancel our combatives course. Something changed literally every day as Covid spread. But all in all, it was a good experience. I made lots of good friends, learned about the military and myself, and dropped 22 lbs. Now I'm trying to figure out how I ended up in this crazy alternate universe where all heck has broken loose and MLS/USMNT actually gets good cards in FIFA.

Dang yeah, I didn't even think about how the Covid stuff would affect basic training
    That's nuts yo! The whole world went nuts.

Glad it was good overall for you. Pretty sure I couldn't lose 22 lbs without boot camp or being lost in the wilderness lol

Haha it's madness yo. These MLS cards. A 96 Vela? Are you kidddddiiiing me!

And bruh, this Opara card. He's literally the fastest CB in the game and has a heck ton more IGS than PIM Maldini. The tackles he makes and interceptions he makes are unreal. Beastly is an understatement.

And this Josef. Wow oh wow. Finishes his dinner and all his friends' too!

And on the Nani, it's a shame u missed it, but that Rossi card looks nutty too. (Have yet to try Rossi and Pozuelo, but I'm fixing that soon).
  • RayS
    Wait, they're upgrading skill moves and stuff with these fake TOTS cards? 😲

Dude EA went a little haywire since the Shapshifter cards with upgrading SM/WF. For MLS tho, we just got upgraded WF (3*) on Vela and upgraded SM (4*) for Josef.
  • RayS
    These are definitely the best MLS cards ever
  • Gnomenclature
    5694 posts Big Money Move

Congrats on completing basic training!

Too bad about nani, its ok though because rossi is a better natural winger in this game.

Nani lacks stam and pace to stay wide all game.
  • Gnomenclature
    edited June 9

Its great. Too bad I literally have no time to play anymore 😣 only played 2 DR matches this week...

Hopefully next quarter is less demanding. Its unbelievably how many papers I have to write every week lol.
  • RayS

Its great. Too bad I literally have no time to play anymore 😣 only played 2 DR matches this week...

Hopefully next quarter is less demanding. Its unbelievably how many papers I have to write every week lol.

Hope you get those papers done in time for WL!

Side note: think I'll be moving on from Lodeiro. It may be me, not him, bc I'm running him on Hunter instead of Deadeye or Sniper, but he's only got one goal for me in 9 games. I forget how many assists, but it was overall lower production that Gil for me. Think Pozuelo will be up for the trial next!
  • Gnomenclature

Hope you get those papers done in time for WL!

Side note: think I'll be moving on from Lodeiro. It may be me, not him, bc I'm running him on Hunter instead of Deadeye or Sniper, but he's only got one goal for me in 9 games. I forget how many assists, but it was overall lower production that Gil for me. Think Pozuelo will be up for the trial next!

Tbf, pozuelo looks like a very good card. I haven't tried him though...
  • A Very Pretty Man
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pozuelo is by far my favorite of the group. I haven’t had a ton of time to play (only 5 games) but he’s been pulling all the strings as CAM in 352. He’s got 8 G and 7 A. Doesn’t feel like 90 pace cause everyone else is 99 nowadays, but adequate. Hell of a shot and amazing passing
  • RayS

Just saw that. Will be a fun way to restart the season . Altho I've heard some negative things about how Garber has dealt with COVID and how it related to MLS teams getting back into action.
  • Gnomenclature

Just saw that. Will be a fun way to restart the season . Altho I've heard some negative things about how Garber has dealt with COVID and how it related to MLS teams getting back into action.

Im sure there is. MLS is not a league that gets the majority of its revenue from TV rights - I believe most of the revenue is from game day concessions and ticket sales... I surely hope the league can survive the economic impact of "ghost games".

Hope Garber puts the safety of the players first and that the tournament goes well.
  • Gnomenclature
    Ok, been trying to decipher the upcoming tournament...

54 total matches. Group stage matches count toward regular season... The winner gets a champions league spot... All games played in Florida.

How in the heck do you house 54 teams and staff lol? Maybe it's in a resort town without tourism due to covid?

I kinda feel bad for the players, they all just finished a 3 month stay at home order and now they are essentially under quarantine in Florida for like 5 weeks? Sheesh, that's brutal.

Hopefully the league gets some serious tv money considering this will be the only real domestic sport played live.
  • RayS

54 total matches. Group stage matches count toward regular season... The winner gets a champions league spot... All games played in Florida.

How in the heck do you house 54 teams and staff lol? Maybe it's in a resort town without tourism due to covid?

I kinda feel bad for the players, they all just finished a 3 month stay at home order and now they are essentially under quarantine in Florida for like 5 weeks? Sheesh, that's brutal.

Hopefully the league gets some serious tv money considering this will be the only real domestic sport played live.

Yep, that's what I understand as well

I believe they're all staying at the Disney Land resort or something like that.

Kind of a World Cup or Olympics feel I guess haha

Btw, how about that group B? Seattle Dallas matchup yo lol
  • Gnomenclature

Oh, just saw they have the group's out. I'm assuming 2 teams will leave the group. Seattle and Dallas. You never know with San Jose though, those guys have some of the most consistent come from behind games I've ever seen lol.

Vancouver is never a threat lol.
  • RayS

Oh, just saw they have the group's out. I'm assuming 2 teams will leave the group. Seattle and Dallas. You never know with San Jose though, those guys have some of the most consistent come from behind games I've ever seen lol.

Kinda weird that group A has 6 teams. Not sure how that group works.

And ya.

• AngryFUTplayer
    1157 posts Professional
    The NBA is doing something similar at the same Disney sports complex. 8 regular season games with potential play ins for 9 & 8 seeds before playoffs. Its all being held at Disney so they have more than enough infrastructure in the area but it is a very interesting microcosm of everything that's going on these days
  • RayS
    The moment when your 5'2" Maxi out jumps VVD for a header :D

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-27.gif
  • Chubbs
    14520 posts Has That Special Something
    This day 6 years ago John Brooks, a player lost didnt want on the team, scored that goal. Man how time flies.
  • hellodee
    767 posts Semi-Pro
    might get a pulisic Inform next week
  • RayS
    hellodee wrote: »
    might get a pulisic Inform next week

Should be a Hero card for winning Liverpool their title :D

Really thought he scored that second too that was cleared off the line
  • Chubbs
    14520 posts Has That Special Something
    Looks like Jurgen Damm to Atlanta is finalized. In case we need another bronze/silver with 90+ pace.
  • SuperSonicSean
    This MLS is Back tournament is looking like a disaster. Carlos Vela announced he wouldn't play, and now the entire FC Dallas team is out.
  • Gnomenclature
    This MLS is Back tournament is looking like a disaster. Carlos Vela announced he wouldn't play, and now the entire FC Dallas team is out.

Dallas is out? Didn't hear about that... Do they have players with covid?
  • SuperSonicSean

Yeah. They dropped out due to a high number of cases. A lot of players and staff around the league are testing positive too.
  • Gnomenclature

Yeah. They dropped out due to a high number of cases. A lot of players and staff around the league are testing positive too.

The whole country is a disaster right now - most of europe have dealt with covid yet americans are too damn selfish to do what it takes to shut this virus down... Sorry, I live in a tourist town and its disheartening seeing so many people disregard the health of others....