The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• RayS
    30847 posts National Team Captain
    Little bit of an update. I had saved about 130 packs of different types. Opened them all and all I got was Maxi Morales and a handful of 85 rated players. What. A. Joke

Pack weight is stupid. I have no clue how any casuals can play consistently and hope to pack anything good when people like yourself saving 100+ packs can't get anyone worth more than 50k lol
  • CaptEcuador16
    1871 posts Play-Off Hero
    RayS wrote: »
    Little bit of an update. I had saved about 130 packs of different types. Opened them all and all I got was Maxi Morales and a handful of 85 rated players. What. A. Joke

Pack weight is stupid. I have no clue how any casuals can play consistently and hope to pack anything good when people like yourself saving 100+ packs can't get anyone worth more than 50k lol

I swear it’s unbelievable. I just did the MLS/Sud sbc and got lucky with pulling Moreira
  • Antparry92
    19205 posts World Class
    It’s been a while guys. Just done Nani and managed to get Pozuelo from the guaranteed pack which I was happy with
  • RayS
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    It’s been a while guys. Just done Nani and managed to get Pozuelo from the guaranteed pack which I was happy with

Super start! Nice to see your around @Antparry92

U gonna pick up more of the squad?
  • RayS
    I purposefully went for G3 to have a chance of 2 MLS reds. Of course I get 3 MLS reds in my first pick and none in my second lol. At least I got a nice red Atuesta
  • Gnomenclature
    5694 posts Big Money Move
    I purposefully went for G3 to have a chance of 2 MLS reds. Of course I get 3 MLS reds in my first pick and none in my second lol. At least I got a nice red Atuesta

Dang. All that sweat for atuesta. Let me know how he is.
  • RayS
    edited June 4

Dang. All that sweat for atuesta. Let me know how he is.

The funny thing is that I would have been cool with literally any MLS red in my second pick, but I guess that's just the way it goes.

Will do. Got a Shadow on him and he looks like an Colombian Kante 😛
    Post edited by RayS on
  • Antparry92
    19205 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Super start! Nice to see your around @Antparry92

U gonna pick up more of the squad?

Debating it, I’m pretty low on funds after pumping it in to SBC’s
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Also, long time no see @Frankenberry . Hope you're doing well :)

Been playing PES Lite so the answer would be no.
  • Gnomenclature
    Oh boy. I'm 900k liquid now - spent way too much sbcs lol.

Hope these prices drop soon. I need Josef, Vela, atuesta, Robinson... Possibly the right back, but hes a portland player and ive never even heard of him.

Packed rossi in the guaranteed and picked up lodeiro cheap.
  • hockeyphenom87
    7060 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 5
    I just uninstalled it. Community is a bunch of pu**ies. 1 depth as if your life depended on winning, mashing tackle, fouling and then the same one or two shots. Sweat fest.

YouTube community ruined this series years ago. They got rich off of exploiting mechanics (literally) and now get to ride into the sunset while others can't even play a game online and have fun. Pathetic. Truly pathetic.
  • Gnomenclature
    Here we go. MLS prices are crashing!

Be sure to pick up Josef and Vela during lightning rounds - you know people are gonna buy fifa points lol.

Vela is 250k already.

Josef nearing 300k.
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1157 posts Professional
    Josef is the last piece of the puzzle for me now. Team is coming together nicely.
  • RayS

Be sure to pick up Josef and Vela during lightning rounds - you know people are gonna buy fifa points lol.

Vela is 250k already.

Josef nearing 300k.

On the beach atm, but u better believe I have my phone app ready 😂
  • RayS
    Emmanuel Sabbi is just about the most random American card we could get lol. I'll take it tho! 4/4 good pace and dribbling. An attack of OTW Pulisic, Storyline Sargent, Storyline Agudelo, and Storyline Sabbi isn't too bad.
  • Gnomenclature

Vela is 250k already.

Josef nearing 300k.

On the beach atm, but u better believe I have my phone app ready 😂

Just picked up all the guys that are sub 35k.

Haven't pulled the trigger on vela and Josef yet.
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1157 posts Professional
    The could have given us a lb or rb for Opara and Robinson, or a boosted pulisic, or a Tyler adams like people have been waiting on, but no....
  • hellodee
    767 posts Semi-Pro
    hellodee wrote: »
    Never thought id complain about too many MLS attackers lol... But there are too many....

Man, I won't beable to log on until Friday. Should be the cheapest time to buy though... Crazy how mls cards cost more on xbox than on ps4 - usually the other way around. Must be a lot more xbox consoles than ps4 in North America.

Still hoping for a reggie cannon that I can play off chem at left back. A jordan morris with upgraded weakfoot.
    Don't think they will issue any more mls card now...unless we see a flashback.somewhere

Thought they might add an objective player... Hoping for at least a left back.
    Never thought id complain about too many MLS attackers lol... But there are too many....

Man, I won't beable to log on until Friday. Should be the cheapest time to buy though... Crazy how mls cards cost more on xbox than on ps4 - usually the other way around. Must be a lot more xbox consoles than ps4 in North America.

Still hoping for a reggie cannon that I can play off chem at left back. A jordan morris with upgraded weakfoot.
    Don't think they will issue any more mls card now...unless we see a flashback.somewhere

Thought they might add an objective player... Hoping for at least a left back.

They didn't add objective for csl. So probably not.

Yep... This is totally stupid tho. They already shafted smaller leagues by giving a smaller release squad. And then they arbitrarily shaft the last 4 leagues by taking away an objective or SBC player. Makes no sense

Yeah I was thinking about building USA team but how can you? We have very few special cards this year . Carles gil is great player but t
    Emmanuel Sabbi is just about the most random American card we could get lol. I'll take it tho! 4/4 good pace and dribbling. An attack of OTW Pulisic, Storyline Sargent, Storyline Agudelo, and Storyline Sabbi isn't too bad.

But just like Japanese team, no lb or rb
  • Gnomenclature

I follow USMNT closely and I have never heard of the guy lol....

Should have been Gio Reyna imo.
  • Gnomenclature
    Prices climbing again :s

Gonna have to pull the trigger during the next lightning round. I'll probably lose coins overall. Cant care anymore, every card is end game now lol.
  • Gnomenclature
    edited June 5
    Ok, I got everyone lol.

Played a few squad battles - did EA up the difficulty? They are insanely tough today...

Vela is not as good as I had hoped. Josef is excellent. That right back is so good.... Robinson is excellent too.

Maxi is a lot of fun, but too small to play an attacking cdm... Atuesta is fine, not as good as FB Allan though.

Still using sbc opara - hes still the best ive used.

Lodeiro is a great cam, albeit a little slow - might have to switch from sniper to hunter.

Rossi is a very meta winger - no complaints.

I'll try some division rivals after I finish my 10 page paper on evidence-based practices and the benefits of cognitive behavioral therapy as a successful intervention to treating mental illness 😣😣🙃💥
  • RayS
    Prices climbing again :s

Gonna have to pull the trigger during the next lightning round. I'll probably lose coins overall. Cant care anymore, every card is end game now lol.

Dangit I missed the window lol. Will keep watch prices for a minute
  • CaptEcuador16
    1871 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was finally able to buy all the TOTS with today’s slight price drop. I started with about 600k and sold almost everything I didn’t need in the club and manager to get enough funds to buy all the players with 100k to spare. Can’t wait to throw them into WL and see how they do!
  • Gnomenclature
    I was finally able to buy all the TOTS with today’s slight price drop. I started with about 600k and sold almost everything I didn’t need in the club and manager to get enough funds to buy all the players with 100k to spare. Can’t wait to throw them into WL and see how they do!

Who you going with? There are so many attackers!
  • CaptEcuador16
    1871 posts Play-Off Hero

Who you going with? There are so many attackers!

Definitely josef up top with either scream Ibra or McKay-Steven with lodeiro at cam. I run a 352 so if needed during the game I’ll move vela from RM to the middle and sub someone in his place
  • SuperSonicSean
    6157 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 6
    Wow, 271 unread comments in this thread and OMG WHAT ARE THESE CARDS?!?!! I sold up and left the game with 600K 3 months ago, come back, and see that I've got more grinding to do. Josef alone is over 300K. Sheesh.

I see EA has been showing MLS some love. These cards look mental. There's some good looking US international cards in the database too, but I'm afraid I can't unlock a lot of them.
  • Gnomenclature
    edited June 6
    Wow, 271 unread comments in this thread and OMG WHAT ARE THESE CARDS?!?!! I sold up and left the game with 600K 3 months ago, come back, and see that I've got more grinding to do. Josef alone is over 300K. Sheesh.

I see EA has been showing MLS some love. These cards look mental. There's some good looking US international cards in the database too, but I'm afraid I can't unlock a lot of them.

Yo, yeah lots of love for mls!

Don't worry, most of the USA cards were pretty bad lol.

Even agudelo was pretty meh. Mckennie was ok for about a month...

Try to get that nani before he expires though.
  • RayS
    edited June 6

@SuperSonicSean
    Haha yeah and 80% of those posts were probably either @Gnomenclature or myself. Somehow we managed to spot 2 posts from Frankenberry in that time too tho.

You all done with basic training?? How was it? Good to see you back on here.

But ya, this is a nutty year when the last "good" Opara card was his 74 rated Scream card from 17. 92 rated Opara, 94 rated Josef, 96 rated Vela (boosted +10 from his TOTWM lol).

No Chicago Fire cards for you or FC Dallas cards for me (was hoping for a sneaky Reggie Cannon card), but not surprising tbh.

And yeah, regarding the US cards, the best of the bunch was probably FFS McKennie, and even he's a bit dated now.
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1157 posts Professional
    edited June 8
    Really hate to make this post guys. But after about 30 games with 94 Josef Martinez. I'm not really all that in love with the card. I still was using my 86 Martinez up until last week when we got the 95 and I can't really tell much of a difference between the two. I play the 86 with a hawk and the 94 with an architect and as far as speed and dribbling and finishing it's about the same because he already had 97 finishing with a hawk. The only thing that's different with the card is his passing is a little bit better but not by a great margin to me cuz I don't really pass with him, unless it's a layoff, He's in on goal and he scores.

It could just be me because I'm terrible at this game but I'm not sure he's worth the extra 250k over the one I already have
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1157 posts Professional
    edited June 8
    The four star skill moves are nice but it's the only real noticable thing for me atm.

Goes to show just how overpowered the 86 was at the beginning of the game anyway