The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• Gnomenclature
    4889 posts Big Money Move
    Allesandrini is officially leaving the Galaxy...

Probably for the best. He's very prone to injuries. Great player when he's healthy though...

Hopefully they get chicharito - he will be good for the league.
  • RayS
    28572 posts National Team Captain

Probably for the best. He's very prone to injuries. Great player when he's healthy though...

Looks like Chicharito just got made official. The Galaxy have already updated their Twitter banner to plaster him all over it.
  • Gnomenclature
    RayS wrote: »

Looks like Chicharito just got made official. The Galaxy have already updated their Twitter banner to plaster him all over it.

A lot hype... people saying his signing is bigger than zlatan is just blasphemy lol.

I have a feeling he revitalizes his career in mls and has a golden boot worthy season.

Interested to see if galaxy can sort out their defense this year though.
  • Chubbs
    14497 posts Has That Special Something
    Gressel being traded to DC hurts so much. He was my favorite player. Dudes a stud and wasnt appreciated by the front office. Josef and ATLUTD wouldnt be where they are without him. They better be bringing in studs with the 1million they got for him. Our squad is sooooo thin and weak at the moment.
  • Carlos181
    3996 posts National Call-Up

A lot hype... people saying his signing is bigger than zlatan is just blasphemy lol.

I have a feeling he revitalizes his career in mls and has a golden boot worthy season.

Interested to see if galaxy can sort out their defense this year though.

Only bigger because he’s Mexican, and all time high scorer for Mexico in the city with the most Mexicans.

Huge drop in quality from Zatlan to Chicha.
  • RayS
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Gressel being traded to DC hurts so much. He was my favorite player. Dudes a stud and wasnt appreciated by the front office. Josef and ATLUTD wouldnt be where they are without him. They better be bringing in studs with the 1million they got for him. Our squad is sooooo thin and weak at the moment.

What wow. I thought surely they'd end up working out a new deal for him... Seemed a no brainier.
  • Gnomenclature

That's just strange... Can't believe Atlanta wouldn't pay him. He was clearly under paid for his position and contribution.

Atlanta probably took his public outcry to heart and decided they were better off without him. Maybe he was bad for the locker room?

Dc just gained a great player.
  • Chubbs
    The only thing that makes sense is them doing this to sign the two Paraguayans they are linked to and this money helps get both of them. Still not seen a better out wide crosser that can play literally anywhere than Gressel who is proven unlike the options we are linked to.
  • Gnomenclature
    The only thing that makes sense is them doing this to sign the two Paraguayans they are linked to and this money helps get both of them. Still not seen a better out wide crosser that can play literally anywhere than Gressel who is proven unlike the options we are linked to.

Very surprised Europe hasn't gone after Gressel. Knowing Atlanta, they will fill the space with quality though.
  • Chubbs

Very surprised Europe hasn't gone after Gressel. Knowing Atlanta, they will fill the space with quality though.

Hes building his own brand and can make more in the USA is the only reason he hasnt left. Hes had offers but cant make near as much overseas.
  • Gnomenclature

Hes building his own brand and can make more in the USA is the only reason he hasnt left. Hes had offers but cant make near as much overseas.

If I'm a DC fan, I'm super stoked on this move.

You're right, Gressel in mls is a talking point. Anywhere else and he's an average squad player.
  • Gnomenclature
    Anyone else super excited for the new season? My Saturdays just aren't right without mls. I get up early for some epl games, but I'm missing my mls weekends.

CCL starts on the 18th, hope our mls teams are ready to compete - wish this competition started in April after our squads have played few matches.

How's your team looking?
  • Chubbs
    Anyone else super excited for the new season? My Saturdays just aren't right without mls. I get up early for some epl games, but I'm missing my mls weekends.

CCL starts on the 18th, hope our mls teams are ready to compete - wish this competition started in April after our squads have played few matches.

How's your team looking?

I'll be happy when I know for sure there isnt a lockout and atlutd have signed some players.
  • RayS
    FC Dallas's main hole this off-season was filling the boots for a regular consistent striker... Just today they announce Franco Jara from Pachuca as a DP!! I know very little about him, but I sure hope hes at least better than our last DP striker, Cristian Colmán...

Feel much better about grabbing a Liga MX striker from a decent team than some Paraguayan team.

@Gnomenclature why'd Seattle let Kim Kee Hee go?
  • Gnomenclature
    FC Dallas's main hole this off-season was filling the boots for a regular consistent striker... Just today they announce Franco Jara from Pachuca as a DP!! I know very little about him, but I sure hope hes at least better than our last DP striker, Cristian Colmán...

Feel much better about grabbing a Liga MX striker from a decent team than some Paraguayan team.

@RayS Looks like a nice signing there in dallas - too bad you gotta wait till summer though...

Regarding kee-hee, I have no idea what happened there... they didn't take his option and I don't think hes going to another mls team. Maybe he wanted to go back to Korea?
  • RayS

@RayS Looks like a nice signing there in dallas - too bad you gotta wait till summer though...

Regarding kee-hee, I have no idea what happened there... they didn't take his option and I don't think hes going to another mls team. Maybe he wanted to go back to Korea?

Ondrasek picked up some form toward the end of the season, so I hope he can hold the fort till we get Jara in. As we all know, it doesn't really matter how you start the season by the time the post season rolls around!!

Honestly I follow Manchester United much closer than Dallas, but I'll try to be better about following them this season.

Who does Seattle have up first in CCL again?
  • Gnomenclature

Ondrasek picked up some form toward the end of the season, so I hope he can hold the fort till we get Jara in. As we all know, it doesn't really matter how you start the season by the time the post season rolls around!!

Honestly I follow Manchester United much closer than Dallas, but I'll try to be better about following them this season.

Olimpia. Think they from Panama?

I saw Manchester play in Seattle at a friendly in 2010. Was a very entertaining match - they beat Seattle 4-0 if I remember correctly. Man they had a good team back then.

I've followed Liverpool for the last 20 years. This year will be the first year I see them win the league (fingers crossed). I'm deffinetly more of a sounders fan though - I've never even been to England lol.
  • hockeyphenom87
    7051 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 22
    Played around 150 games in the past month. This is the worst fifa I've played. This series just gets worse and worse. Well, to clarify, the varying gameplay is the problem. One game, you can control everything and passes work. The very next game, it's like the servers did a line of coke and everything is 99 speed and the ball is like a ping pong ball. I get tense playing cause I feel like a cat watching a ball thrown side to side. It's ridiculous. The fact that Plea is a better striker than 89 Costa and Iniesta can feel great one game and feel like a toddler the next is a joke.

I only wonder what the mechanics behind the game truly are. This series is pathetic.
  • RayS
    Played around 150 games in the past month. This is the worst fifa I've played. This series just gets worse and worse. Well, to clarify, the varying gameplay is the problem. One game, you can control everything and passes work. The very next game, it's like the servers did a line of coke and everything is 99 speed and the ball is like a ping pong ball. I get tense playing cause I feel like a cat watching a ball thrown side to side. It's ridiculous. The fact that Plea is a better striker than 89 Costa and Iniesta can feel great one game and feel like a toddler the next is a joke.

I only wonder what the mechanics behind the game truly are. This series is pathetic.

gameplay is only occassionally erratic for me. but i know it's pretty bad for a lot of people.
  • RayS

I saw Manchester play in Seattle at a friendly in 2010. Was a very entertaining match - they beat Seattle 4-0 if I remember correctly. Man they had a good team back then.

I've followed Liverpool for the last 20 years. This year will be the first year I see them win the league (fingers crossed). I'm deffinetly more of a sounders fan though - I've never even been to England lol.

United have become the new Liverpool... just reflecting on their past glories while being intolerably mediocre in the present :D

Props to Klopp and Liverpool though this season and the past few. a truly incredible season. I can't give Liverpool too much love though... I got a couple buddies who moved over from Liverpool to the States, and as you could imagine, they are ALWAYS going on and on and on about the glories of their team, manager, fans, ethos, ground, grass, pebbles, you name it.
  • Chubbs
    https://www.futhead.com/20/players/10430/jake-mulraney/

Looks like we are signing this guy. Should just be a squad player based on what we are paying.
  • QceCapo
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    I'm actually excited about the Revs this year.
  • Gnomenclature

United have become the new Liverpool... just reflecting on their past glories while being intolerably mediocre in the present :D

Props to Klopp and Liverpool though this season and the past few. a truly incredible season. I can't give Liverpool too much love though... I got a couple buddies who moved over from Liverpool to the States, and as you could imagine, they are ALWAYS going on and on and on about the glories of their team, manager, fans, ethos, ground, grass, pebbles, you name it.

Haha. Yeah, gotta love the Liverpool / Manchester rivalry. I always had a certain respect for Manchester under SAF - how could you not? But it does feel like things have flipped in that regard.

United just can't seem to get the best out of their players - they don't have the confidence they once did. Next season they'll buy mbappe imo.
  • Gnomenclature
    QceCapo wrote: »

Arena was exactly what that club needed. I could tell that the team was starting to love their football again under arena.
  • QceCapo
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    QceCapo wrote: »

Arena was exactly what that club needed. I could tell that the team was starting to love their football again under arena.

I'm excited for our new DP signing too, Buksa is a tall target man to complement Bou up top.
  • Just saw a report that DC met with Özil about a January 2021 transfer. Curious how he’d do here
  • Gnomenclature
    Just saw a report that DC met with Özil about a January 2021 transfer. Curious how he’d do here

I'm sure he would do fine. He's kinda arsenals best player right now though...

These pre contracts are always a gamble though. A lot can happen in a year.
  • Chubbs
    Both MLS SBC rewards now gone. Hate seeing Tito go but 7 figure fee for a bench player isnt bad at all. Have to splash some cash now. Team is weak as hell.
  • RayS
    edited January 29
    Both MLS SBC rewards now gone. Hate seeing Tito go but 7 figure fee for a bench player isnt bad at all. Have to splash some cash now. Team is weak as hell.

Dang... All I see is high profile exits for Atlanta. Are they really banking on Pity and Barco to be the central figures of the team? Along with Josef of course
  • Ryno
    6512 posts Big Money Move
    Going to be doing a lot of traveling to watch some Division 3 American soccer this year and catching some MLS games along the way. The season needs to hurry up and start!