We are aware of an issue with FUT Crashing for Virgin media users & we are working on this. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. We have a thread discussing it here.

The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• Gnomenclature
    4914 posts Big Money Move
    I was hoping he'd come to Chicago, but I should have known better. We never win the race to sign in demand players.

Did the rumor about chicharito and Chicago fizzle out? I think hed do well in mls.
  • SuperSonicSean
    6142 posts Big Money Move
    I was hoping he'd come to Chicago, but I should have known better. We never win the race to sign in demand players.

Did the rumor about chicharito and Chicago fizzle out? I think hed do well in mls.

I think so. I haven't heard any rumors about him coming lately, or anyone for that matter. We get one chance to make a first impression on Chicago, and so far, it's looking like our first season is going to be a disaster.
  • Gnomenclature

I think so. I haven't heard any rumors about him coming lately, or anyone for that matter. We get one chance to make a first impression on Chicago, and so far, it's looking like our first season is going to be a disaster.

Hopefully they have some big signings to announce when the January transfer window opens.

I'm hoping Seattle do something with their open dp slot!
  • RayS
    28641 posts National Team Captain
    Gotta say I love being able to work MLS guys into two different teams and then rotate. Let's me make use of more good attackers that we have without forcing weird formations or positions.

Got POTM Josef up top in one team with SBC Villalba on the right and SBC Acosta at CAM (SBC Nakajima on the left)

Got Scream Ibra up top in the other team with SBC Acosta at CAM again (Moments Di María on the left and soon to be Storyline Gelson Martins on the right)
  • RayS
    Saw a FUTmas Pavon as one of the predictions for one site. Could make for some fun teams with Ibra.
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1003 posts Professional
    RayS wrote: »
    Gotta say I love being able to work MLS guys into two different teams and then rotate. Let's me make use of more good attackers that we have without forcing weird formations or positions.

Got POTM Josef up top in one team with SBC Villalba on the right and SBC Acosta at CAM (SBC Nakajima on the left)

Got Scream Ibra up top in the other team with SBC Acosta at CAM again (Moments Di María on the left and soon to be Storyline Gelson Martins on the right)

Honestly. I'm having so much fun and success with my MLS attack it's kind of crazy. I have the team infrastructure to use more meta cards but haven't really needed them. Would love for that pavon to be left wing
  • Gnomenclature
    Saw a FUTmas Pavon as one of the predictions for one site. Could make for some fun teams with Ibra.

Ohhh. That would be a dream link to ibra. Argentine too.
  • RayS
    Purple Acosta breaks ankles with no mercy

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif
  • Gnomenclature
    Welcome to the league Charlotte!

Winter transfers are slow going, hope there are some really exciting signings that come about after new years.

I feel like Miami might grab some headlines during January. Seattle have open dp slot and need a top tier defender and winger.

Lafc continue to build the best young team we ve seen.
  • Gnomenclature
    Loving how mls teams are poaching liga mx stars lol.

Hope it translates well in the league. Would love to see an mls team win the champions league
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1003 posts Professional

I've been in the Bahamas so I didn't see the official announcement. So excited!!!
  • Gnomenclature

I've been in the Bahamas so I didn't see the official announcement. So excited!!!

Woot! Congrats. The league is frigging huge now lol. Its been exciting watching it go from 17 teams (when I started following in 08) to what it is now.
  • Chubbs
    14506 posts Has That Special Something
    LGP leaving is making me sad. Was such a good player. Certainly prone to mental lapses but he was fun to watch. Going to have a huge hole without him and Parky
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1003 posts Professional
    Crazy how quiet this chat has been since the end of the season
  • Chubbs

Never got POTY Vela or any other special cards for that matter. Nothing really to discuss. Havent turned on FIFA in over a month now.
  • Ryno
    6520 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »

Never got POTY Vela or any other special cards for that matter. Nothing really to discuss. Havent turned on FIFA in over a month now.

Same boat here. Burnt myself out already with how much a chore the game is.

Already planning my travels for the year though for when the season starts. Looking to go to some NISA/USL League One matches as soon as the schedules are released
  • Gnomenclature
    Ryno wrote: »

Already planning my travels for the year though for when the season starts. Looking to go to some NISA/USL League One matches as soon as the schedules are released

When I was living in Seattle I used to go to Puma (usl 2 I think?) games. Was a lot of fun, was really impressed with the quality of play at that low tier. I really miss living in a town with plenty of live soccer to see.

California kinda sucks for catching games if you're not near la.
  • Ryno

When I was living in Seattle I used to go to Puma (usl 2 I think?) games. Was a lot of fun, was really impressed with the quality of play at that low tier. I really miss living in a town with plenty of live soccer to see.

All pro sports teams in the soccer pyramid have a requirement of being located near an airport, so Im not too worried about having to travel to somewhere like LA and drive to San Jose or something crazy. Should be a fun 2020
  • Ryno
    Also, Happy New Year to you all. Hope the next decade is successful for everyone in the lounge and for soccer in this country.

Onwards and upwards!
  • RCTID
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    For those that did SBC Schweinsteiger the first time around. Best Chem style for a box to box CM? What about if I use him in a 2 CDM formation?
  • RayS
    RCTID wrote: »
    For those that did SBC Schweinsteiger the first time around. Best Chem style for a box to box CM? What about if I use him in a 2 CDM formation?

Hawk for box to box (he gets in nice shooting positions) and Shadow for CDM (pace boost is very noticeable and he puts in solid tackles)
  • Gnomenclature

All pro sports teams in the soccer pyramid have a requirement of being located near an airport, so Im not too worried about having to travel to somewhere like LA and drive to San Jose or something crazy. Should be a fun 2020

Avaya stadium is right next to the airport in San Jose. La to San Jose is about 6.5 hours by car without traffic... 40 min flight lol.

My bucket list is Kansas city, Atlanta, salt lake, and portland. Miami and Orlando could be chill too. So many great venues now!

San Jose is 45min from my house - it's crazy I haven't gone yet...

• Gnomenclature
    edited January 1
    Well, I'm feeling a bit guilty right now.... I just sold my scream zlatan 😭

Been playing this mls squad for months and want to change it up to a ligue 1 squad - been using 83 Ben yedder and am blown away at how good he is. I need his otw and had to raise some coins.

Futmas renato Sanchez seals the deal - he is excellent. Storyline gelson Martin's is great too....

Luckily I can always get back the zlatan, even if he is tainted by other players stats lol.
  • RayS
    edited January 1

Been playing this mls squad for months and want to change it up to a ligue 1 squad - been using 83 Ben yedder and am blown away at how good he is. I need his otw and had to raise some coins.

Futmas renato Sanchez seals the deal - he is excellent. Storyline gelson Martin's is great too....

Luckily I can always get back the zlatan, even if he is tainted by other players stats lol.

Lol I actually just sold my Scream Zlatan a few days ago too. But that's because I was moving Acosta to CF in a 433(5). (I used to have Acosta as a CM, but I felt like I was forcing it there. the team works much better now with Schweiny, Ballack, and Battaglia as CMs.) That being said, the only MLS reps in this squad are Acosta and Scwheiny (and then Villalba, Josef, and Schweiny in my other sqaud I rotate with).

I really enjoy Storyline Gelson.
  • Gnomenclature

Lol I actually just sold my Scream Zlatan a few days ago too. But that's because I was moving Acosta to CF in a 433(5). (I used to have Acosta as a CM, but I felt like I was forcing it there. the team works much better now with Schweiny, Ballack, and Battaglia as CMs.) That being said, the only MLS reps in this squad are Acosta and Scwheiny (and then Villalba, Josef, and Schweiny in my other sqaud I rotate with).

It made sense to sell him while he was up 50k with the re issue of schweinsteiger.

The next zlatan card will be serie a. No way we don't see one last zlatan card before he retires.
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1003 posts Professional

I'm still using Josef villalba and schweiny as well. Martinez just has been unreplaceable for me in my starting lineup for some reason. Whenever I put mbappe or someone else in my team the only thing I've really benefited from was the additional skill moves. His production has just continued to be insane for me
  • Chubbs

Avaya stadium is right next to the airport in San Jose. La to San Jose is about 6.5 hours by car without traffic... 40 min flight lol.

My bucket list is Kansas city, Atlanta, salt lake, and portland. Miami and Orlando could be chill too. So many great venues now!

Nashvilles going to be sweet too my man, fun city.
  • Gnomenclature

Nashvilles going to be sweet too my man, fun city.

Oh, that place has been on my bucket list for years. All the more reason to go now.

Interested to see how their fanbase is. As a musician of 30 years and a rabid football fan, I have to get there this summer.
  • Antparry92
    18659 posts World Class
    Haven’t been in here for a while since we got exiled over here. Still following the league as ever and got round to do Schweiny second time round as I didn’t have the coins first time round.

Once I’m done with online objectives and sold up the players bought for those I’m gonna start on Acosta and Villalba
  • AngryFUTplayer
    1003 posts Professional
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Haven’t been in here for a while since we got exiled over here. Still following the league as ever and got round to do Schweiny second time round as I didn’t have the coins first time round.

Once I’m done with online objectives and sold up the players bought for those I’m gonna start on Acosta and Villalba

Josef, villalba and schweiny haven't lefty squad yet