The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• Gnomenclature
    4614 posts National Call-Up
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone has had a great day full of family, friends, food, and football.

Same! I actually did all the cooking this Thanksgiving. Exhausted, stuffed, and satiated! Bacon wrapped turkey ftw lol
  • QceCapo
    5608 posts Big Money Move
    First time I checked in all year. Just picked Acosta in the SBC. Sounds like I made the right call. Cheers.
  • Ryno
    6489 posts Big Money Move
    QceCapo wrote: »
    First time I checked in all year. Just picked Acosta in the SBC. Sounds like I made the right call. Cheers.

Shame he isn't a DC United player anymore lol
  • QceCapo
    5608 posts Big Money Move
    Ryno wrote: »
    QceCapo wrote: »

Shame he isn't a DC United player anymore lol

very true.
  • Gnomenclature
    Wish this flashback balotelli came out after he signed to mls lol. My kinda striker too...

Btw, acosta is so much fun. Gotta save up more coins to get villalba - at least he doesn't expire!
  • Ryno
    Chubbs wrote: »

I was amazed by KDB's strike today, then there's this. Good God.
  • Chubbs
    14486 posts Has That Special Something
    Think Brooks Lennon for 150kTAM and 150kGAM to ATL is a solid deal. Looks like FdB wants to keep the 3/5 atb movement in tack.
  • chrigaro
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Acosta and Villalba dynamics btw B)
  • RayS
    27988 posts Player of the Year
    chrigaro wrote: »
    Acosta and Villalba dynamics btw B)

Yep! Just updated yesterday. Look pretty neat.
  • News came out about 45 minutes ago here in Charlotte that MLS will be announcing on December 17th that we're getting the newest MLS expansion team here in Charlotte North Carolina
  • RayS
    News came out about 45 minutes ago here in Charlotte that MLS will be announcing on December 17th that we're getting the newest MLS expansion team here in Charlotte North Carolina

:o
  • Chubbs
    That will be cool to have another southern team not in FL. Dont know how they will rebalance though. Nashville already having to be in the west is ridiculous.
  • RayS wrote: »
    News came out about 45 minutes ago here in Charlotte that MLS will be announcing on December 17th that we're getting the newest MLS expansion team here in Charlotte North Carolina

:o

Hope this is true
  • Chubbs
    If we get MVP Vela while I'm on vacation this weekend/week and it expires I'm going to be upset. Starting to fall in love with his MVP and need the MVP in my life now.
  • Gnomenclature

Congrats man. Should even out the divisions once Sacramento come in.

Never thought Charlotte would be a good market (I've never been there so I'm ignorant). Hope you guys spice it up!

Any ideas on the team name? Is there a campaign there like they did in philly?

• AngryFUTplayer
    967 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2019

Never thought Charlotte would be a good market (I've never been there so I'm ignorant). Hope you guys spice it up!

we have a USL championship team here called the Charlotte Independence and then a USL league 2 team as well call the Charlotte eagles. I believe The Independents are moving out into the Matthews area which is a suburb of Charlotte so I'm not sure. I will say that every year when we have an intercontinental champions cup game they sell out almost every year in addition to a massive turnout for the US women's game 2 months ago and the gold cup games here. I grew up in Las Vegas so I've always kind of watched the Galaxy and have been keeping up with our team in Vegas (the lights) but I've been in Charlotte for 7 years now and it's really exciting to be getting a team here. One of my work buddies was super pumped.
  • Gnomenclature

we have a USL championship team here called the Charlotte Independence and then a USL league 2 team as well call the Charlotte eagles. I believe The Independents are moving out into the Matthews area which is a suburb of Charlotte so I'm not sure. I will say that every year when we have an intercontinental champions cup game they sell out almost every year in addition to a massive turnout for the US women's game 2 months ago and the gold cup games here. I grew up in Las Vegas so I've always kind of watched the Galaxy and have been keeping up with our team in Vegas (the lights) but I've been in Charlotte for 7 years now and it's really exciting to be getting a team here. One of my work buddies was super pumped.

I'll never forget the hype of Seattle joining in 2009 (don't live there anymore though...). The signing of Freddie ljungberg was huge (even though he was struggling with injuries). Season tickets sold out within minutes (luckily i got one).

Good luck, the inaugural season is special and only happens once, saviour it!

I hope you guys get a player like we had in Freddy Montero - he was incredible for 3 seasons before he moved to Portugal.

• I'm gutted about the Charlotte news. I was confident that Raleigh was ahead of Charlotte but I guess it wasn't the case. Gg charlotte.
  • SuperSonicSean
    6105 posts Big Money Move
    Charlotte is a great city to house a MLS club. GG MLS.

You've gotta ask though: at what point does the league say we have enough teams? Charlotte will be 30, which is a fine number. But where do we draw the line? 32? 36? 40?! Pretty soon we're going to have to implement pro/rel or break the teams up into a MLS East league and MLS West league because we'll have too many teams for one league.
  • Charlotte is a great city to house a MLS club. GG MLS.

You've gotta ask though: at what point does the league say we have enough teams? Charlotte will be 30, which is a fine number. But where do we draw the line? 32? 36? 40?! Pretty soon we're going to have to implement pro/rel or break the teams up into a MLS East league and MLS West league because we'll have too many teams for one league.

32 is the max I think. More than that is ridiculous. In the realm of soccer, these are ridiculous. Even in an American league. Would like to see some fo of pro/rel but owners aren't looking to lose money on these investments.
  • Gnomenclature
    Charlotte is a great city to house a MLS club. GG MLS.

30 is too many imo... might as well go to 32 and have four conferences of 8.
  • RayS
    edited December 2019
    Post edited by RayS on
  • RayS
    edited December 2019
    Some Acosta magic for u. Not sure how he got this volley off with his back to goal lol. On his weak foot too!

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Gnomenclature
    RayS wrote: »
    Some Acosta magic for u. Not sure how he got this volley off with his back to goal lol. On his weak foot too!

Nice goal. How good is carlos though? He's incredible for me - gets more assists than my entire midfield. Can't wait to get his prime with better stam.
  • RayS

Nice goal. How good is carlos though? He's incredible for me - gets more assists than my entire midfield. Can't wait to get his prime with better stam.

Carlos is hands down the best left back I've used. Only downside is that I don't often send my fullbacks forward (the clip above was a rare exception... Maybe I should do it more often lol) so I miss out on some of his offensive capabilities!
  • Gnomenclature

Carlos is hands down the best left back I've used. Only downside is that I don't often send my fullbacks forward (the clip above was a rare exception... Maybe I should do it more often lol) so I miss out on some of his offensive capabilities!

I have him on balanced and FB piszcek on stay back with one cdm stayback. Opens the game up on the left side. If the opponnent is playing overload the ballside, Carlos is always open for the long switch. Has over 50 assists in 130 games or so.
  • Ryno
    WE FINALLY SPENT SOME **** MONEY!!!!!!!

4HfHUqm.png

$10m, SKC ain't messing around
  • Gnomenclature
    Ryno wrote: »
    WE FINALLY SPENT SOME **** MONEY!!!!!!!

4HfHUqm.png

$10m, SKC ain't messing around

Wow, they won the bid war? A lot of teams wanted that kid. Hope he delivers!
  • SuperSonicSean
    6105 posts Big Money Move
    I was hoping he'd come to Chicago, but I should have known better. We never win the race to sign in demand players.