The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• chrigaro
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Anyone else here who just doesn't like Scream Ibra? I don't know but he's so strange. Scores a wonderful hattrick in one game and goes absolutely invisible for the next three.

Changed my front three to Acosta, Josef (200g now B) ), Vela and it feels soo much better.
    Acosta is incredible!
  • RayS
    27071 posts Player of the Year
    chrigaro wrote: »
    Anyone else here who just doesn't like Scream Ibra? I don't know but he's so strange. Scores a wonderful hattrick in one game and goes absolutely invisible for the next three.

Changed my front three to Acosta, Josef (200g now B) ), Vela and it feels soo much better.
    Acosta is incredible!

I love Scream Ibra tbh but I agree that Acosta is really great. Only got a couple games with him subbing on for the SB objectives, but I can't wait to take him online and use those skills!

What chem style you using for him?
  • SuperSonicSean
    6073 posts Big Money Move
    Scream Ibra is a boss. He's unstoppable for me. You can't outmuscle him, you can't outjump him, he has the skills to pay the bills, an adequate weak foot, good pace with hunter, and top-notch finishing and positioning. What's not to love?
  • Gnomenclature
    3956 posts National Call-Up

Acosta is incredible!

Ibra's m/L work rates do tend to show themselves at times. I use target man instructions on him, he's excellent at holding the ball for the other attackers to get in. He's my most consistent scorer and gets loads of assists on the hold up play.

If you are in a match where he isn't playing up to par, switch to a 2 striker formation. He's awesome at the give and go.
  • chrigaro

Acosta is incredible!

Ibra's m/L work rates do tend to show themselves at times. I use target man instructions on him, he's excellent at holding the ball for the other attackers to get in. He's my most consistent scorer and gets loads of assists on the hold up play.

If you are in a match where he isn't playing up to par, switch to a 2 striker formation. He's awesome at the give and go.

Yeah I'm using 3412 but somehow he's been really inconsistent. Gonna play around with tactics now because I really want him to work :)
  • chrigaro
    RayS wrote: »

Acosta is incredible!

I love Scream Ibra tbh but I agree that Acosta is really great. Only got a couple games with him subbing on for the SB objectives, but I can't wait to take him online and use those skills!

Sniper. I think thats probably the best one for him (or Deadeye)
  • RayS

Acosta is incredible!

Was debating between sniper and Deadeye
    ... Gonna try Deadeye for now
  • Gnomenclature

Acosta is incredible!

I bought him with a hunter and never changed it... that 95 pace is noticeable. A marksman makes the most sense, but a sniper would be good too.

In other news, acosta is a goat!
  • Gnomenclature

Acosta is incredible!

Yeah I'm using 3412 but somehow he's been really inconsistent. Gonna play around with tactics now because I really want him to work :)

Lofted crosses into the box - ibra will sn.atch right on to them.
  • Gnomenclature
    So many mls teams going for broke this off season!

Nyrb, skc, Chicago, Minnesota, Orlando, galaxy, and quite a few others rebuilding squads. Huge risk trying to build a competetive team during a winter transfer window....

Are the youngsters in South America lining up? Are aging world stars trying to get out of contracts over seas? 😀😮 who knows?

I have a feeling some teams get the short end of the staff this transfer window and have to build squads around usl and youth players lol. I've got my pop corn ready!
  • RayS

Acosta is incredible!

I bought him with a hunter and never changed it... that 95 pace is noticeable. A marksman makes the most sense, but a sniper would be good too.

Dude Acosta is so good! Was a little worried that he wouldn't feel as good online since I initially used him in SB to finish off the Icon Swaps objectives. Went into DR for first match: 4-3 win with 2G1A from Acosta. Inadvertently got one of the Copa Lib objectives done (1G1A With an Argentinian in DR) and for a free Hunter woo.

Seriously tho, Acosta's strafe dribbling is borderline broken lol. He just glides back and forth so fast and changes directions so quick that it's nearly impossible to get the ball off him. Think I'm going to have to change my play style because of him haha. Was using Ibra as the guy to hold the ball up top, but since Acosta can basically face the defense all day without loosing the ball, I might as well stick Josef up top to make those runs in behind from through balls by Acosta.

P.S. pro tip on strafe dribbles, be always ready to pull off a quick roullete whenever the defender gets in just a little too close. BAM you're past him and he's eating your dust.

P.P.S @Gnomenclature was right about IF Morris... Basically invisible the whole game
  • RayS

Nyrb, skc, Chicago, Minnesota, Orlando, galaxy, and quite a few others rebuilding squads. Huge risk trying to build a competetive team during a winter transfer window....

Are the youngsters in South America lining up? Are aging world stars trying to get out of contracts over seas? 😀😮 who knows?

I have a feeling some teams get the short end of the staff this transfer window and have to build squads around usl and youth players lol. I've got my pop corn ready!

There are so many interesting storylines already in the off season. The potential squad changeups like u mentioned, the formation of Miami and Nashville, and Thierry up in Montreal, to name a few.
  • Gnomenclature

Acosta is incredible!

Dude Acosta is so good! Was a little worried that he wouldn't feel as good online since I initially used him in SB to finish off the Icon Swaps objectives. Went into DR for first match: 4-3 win with 2G1A from Acosta. Inadvertently got one of the Copa Lib objectives done (1G1A With an Argentinian in DR) and for a free Hunter woo.

Seriously tho, Acosta's strafe dribbling is borderline broken lol. He just glides back and forth so fast and changes directions so quick that it's nearly impossible to get the ball off him. Think I'm going to have to change my play style because of him haha. Was using Ibra as the guy to hold the ball up top, but since Acosta can basically face the defense all day without loosing the ball, I might as well stick Josef up top to make those runs in behind from through balls by Acosta.

P.S. pro tip on strafe dribbles, be always ready to pull off a quick roullete whenever the defender gets in just a little too close. BAM you're past him and he's eating your dust.

P.P.S @Gnomenclature was right about IF Morris... Basically invisible the whole game

Yes, hes nuts. I had Pim maradona last year, I'm almost certain Acosta is better! I'm loving the flick up and run up around defenders. He does it automatically it seems. His croquetas are like last years - he's so short and agile that they can be spammed lol.

I'm looking at mid overmars for left wing when I finish villalba... Its crazy to have this many great mls cards so early, can't get them all in the team!
  • Gnomenclature

There are so many interesting storylines already in the off season. The potential squad changeups like u mentioned, the formation of Miami and Nashville, and Thierry up in Montreal, to name a few.

I'm excited for next season. I'm hoping Miami can come into the league strong like Atlanta. Henry as manager is awesome - can't wait to see him on the touchline.

Nashville is interesting. I know nothing about them.
  • SuperSonicSean
    That Villa looks nice. Shame he lost his 5* weak foot and no longer plays in MLS though.
  • Gnomenclature
    That Villa looks nice. Shame he lost his 5* weak foot and no longer plays in MLS though.

You'd think they'd give back the 5* on an eoae.... Not worth 270k imo.
  • Gnomenclature
    @RayS

I don't know about you, but since I've put acosta at ccam, I'm on a 22 game unbeaten streak. This is card is broken... he can dribble from the halfway line all the way on goal - you cannot get the ball off him!
  • RayS
    @RayS

I don't know about you, but since I've put acosta at ccam, I'm on a 22 game unbeaten streak. This is card is broken... he can dribble from the halfway line all the way on goal - you cannot get the ball off him!

@Gnomenclature 22 games??? Dang! His dribbling is so nuts tho I agree. I haven't gotten any more games online with him yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Glad he's worked out for you!
  • Gnomenclature
    @RayS

@Gnomenclature 22 games??? Dang! His dribbling is so nuts tho I agree. I haven't gotten any more games online with him yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Glad he's worked out for you!

My game play has been fantastic. Had a few weeks of awful game play and keot losing matches lol.

Now I'm just bulldozing back up the divisions.
  • RayS
    edited November 24
    I just love how smooth Acosta is doing moves and keeping the ball glued to his foot. Also he's got a deadly burst of acceleration.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Gnomenclature
    I just love how smooth Acosta is doing moves and keeping the ball glued to his foot. Also he's got a deadly burst of acceleration.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif

I'm loving the L1 fake shot to the LB R3 flick up and volley lol.
  • Gnomenclature
    Re-entry draft tomorrow. Such a silly concept, but good for the players I guess.

A lot of tasty options here https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/11/22/2019-mls-eligible-player-lists

A few stand outs:

Tommy Smith (cheap, young, and decent defender that scores a lot)

Katai (had a rough year in Chicago, but could be a good option for another squad looking
    for a dp with mls experience)

Medunjanin (great box to box if his salary can get renegotiated)

Luis robles (definitely gets picked in the first round, possibly #1)

Michael Bradley (no way he's worth 6.5 mil, but could be a great pick for an expansion squad in need of a midfield captain). Strangely enough, he's been linked to Seattle.

Miguel ibarra (decent attacking mid)

A lot of other great players - just too old. In fact, many mls stars are aging out this season. Valeri, BWP, higuain, larentowics, and a bunch othrs.
  • RayS
    Re-entry draft tomorrow. Such a silly concept, but good for the players I guess.

A lot of tasty options here https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/11/22/2019-mls-eligible-player-lists

A few stand outs:

Katai (had a rough year in Chicago, but could be a good option for another squad looking

Michael Bradley (no way he's worth 6.5 mil, but could be a great pick for an expansion squad in need of a midfield captain). Strangely enough, he's been linked to Seattle.

A lot of other great players - just too old. In fact, many mls stars are aging out this season. Valeri, BWP, higuain, larentowics, and a bunch othrs.

I think you could genuniely get a whole college curriculum about the MLS rsoter mechanisms :D I have to remind myself what half the things are every year

Dang, I'm surprised Philly didn't renew a contract on Medunjanin. Philly had a good season and I thought Medunjinin was a big part of that.

Also didn't realize TFC never worked out a deal with Bradley. Will be interesting to see where he goes next and if he can be successful in these last few years of his career.
  • Chubbs
    14476 posts Has That Special Something
    All I really want is Larry to come back to ATL
  • Gnomenclature

A few stand outs:

I think you could genuniely get a whole college curriculum about the MLS rsoter mechanisms :D I have to remind myself what half the things are every year

Dang, I'm surprised Philly didn't renew a contract on Medunjanin. Philly had a good season and I thought Medunjinin was a big part of that.

Also didn't realize TFC never worked out a deal with Bradley. Will be interesting to see where he goes next and if he can be successful in these last few years of his career.

Yeah, Philly is a surprise. Mls rules are crazy... still trying to figure out tam/gam lol. I really think mls needs to up the cap at least 10mil...

Bradley will have a team, but not at 6.5mil a year. More like 1mil if I'm being generous - I can see him coaching later though so he will most likely make a choice base on front office options after playing.

Tfc spend money, I won't be surprised if they bring in a couple big money players in the next few weeks.

Seattle need a world class left winger. They could bring in b4adley and move Roldan up, but that might be a waste... Kim kee hee will get resigned.
  • Gnomenclature
    edited November 26
    Balotelli to mls?

Hmm... he's 29, clearly talented, and an absolute locker room cancer.

I can see him at galaxy, but anywhere else and it's sure to be a disaster. If hes scoring boat loads of goals he might be worth it. Id certainly enjoy watching him play in the league but do not want him on my team lol.

Thoughts?

I'd love to see more number 10 like stars come in - mata, ozil, etc.
  • RayS
    Balotelli to mls?

I can see him at galaxy, but anywhere else and it's sure to be a disaster. If hes scoring boat loads of goals he might be worth it. Id certainly enjoy watching him play in the league but do not want him on my team lol.

Thoughts?

I feel like the Galaxy would be about the only team that would put up with him. Would be entertaining for the neutral for sure!
  • Gnomenclature
    Balotelli to mls?

Thoughts?

I feel like the Galaxy would be about the only team that would put up with him. Would be entertaining for the neutral for sure!

If they can put up with zlatan for 2 years they surely can handle balotelli.

In other news, I have this sneaking intuition that Seattle are eyeing agudelo. He's a player I think schmetzer can get the best out of. Also, he's a guy that can play a few positions. Just a weird feeling I have....
  • SuperSonicSean
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone has had a great day full of family, friends, food, and football.
  • RayS
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone has had a great day full of family, friends, food, and football.

Happy Thanksgiving!! I wondered if EA might do something fun like a Turkey kit SBC or something, but looks like it was a Korean Dragon instead.

I'm so full now btw.