The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• SuperSonicSean
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    All Star Game for 2020 is going to be MLS vs Liga MX!!!! Finally! This is what the people want!
    3c8919a56a82740c90966b1941889a14.gif

I know we've gotten shafted on MLS All Star cards the last couple years, but hopefully the spectacle of this event along with a combined MLS/Liga MX squad will prompt EA to release the full teams this year.
  • RayS
    27802 posts Player of the Year
    edited November 2019
    All Star Game for 2020 is going to be MLS vs Liga MX!!!! Finally! This is what the people want!

I know we've gotten shafted on MLS All Star cards the last couple years, but hopefully the spectacle of this event along with a combined MLS/Liga MX squad will prompt EA to release the full teams this year.

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about this. Let's kick this Liga MX and MLS rivalry to the next level!

I like the matchup of two All Star teams rather than an All Star team vs a club team because then neither club has the advantage of having played together for a whole season. Should make for a fun spectacle.
  • Gnomenclature
    4512 posts National Call-Up

About f-ing time! Game will actually mean something now.
  • RayS
    I don't care about FB Paulinho... but think I'll do the Libertadores objective just bc i can get two 25k value chem styles lol.

Will run an unorthodox IF Lodeiro + Barrios up top to get the Uruguay+Colombia goals (probably still overkill for SB on Pro, but heyo). Picked up IF Morris too just for kicks and giggles.
  • chrigaro
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    MLS LEAGUE SBC!!! GET IN! B)B)B)
  • RayS
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Ryno
    6489 posts Big Money Move
    Why did they pick Luciano Acosta when he is already released from DC United :joy:
  • Villalba is a great move for us that have josef.
  • Gnomenclature
    So regretting not prepping for this... Gonna do some bpm tonight and see if I can snag a few mls cards.

These cards look great! Glad I kept my inform mitrita - havent been using wingers lately but that villalba looks decent - acosta is first though.
  • WestardLord
    1653 posts Play-Off Hero
    The new Fire logo looks like trash, I'm sorry.

chicago-fire-fc-badge-and-city-background-e1574357603553.jpg
  • RayS
    So regretting not prepping for this... Gonna do some bpm tonight and see if I can snag a few mls cards.

These cards look great! Glad I kept my inform mitrita - havent been using wingers lately but that villalba looks decent - acosta is first though.

well hopefully with the cards only being 84 rated with "bad" links, they won't be as sought after. But yeah, they both look really fun.
  • chrigaro
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park

Wow... who designed this? It looks freaking awful
  • RayS

@SuperSonicSean thoughts???
  • SuperSonicSean
    *sigh* the logo is not good. It's change for the sake of change. IMO the old one was one of the best in the league. This is hands-down the worst. To me it smacks of MLS 1.0, which is fitting considering the move back to the city where we began. I don't mind the color change to a warmer palette, but I wish they would have made the logo look more modern like PSG's for instance. Simplicity & modernity are not mutually exclusive.

The ratio of comments to likes on the original Fire tweet says it all. Fans are not happy. I'm hoping they can give this thing the Sonic the Hedgehog treatment and fix it before it's too late. This is an embarrassment to the club and to the league.
  • SuperSonicSean
    Also our league SBC picks are pretty meh. They should have given us some defenders/GKs/box to box midfielders.
  • Chubbs
    14480 posts Has That Special Something
    That Villalba is sick!! That agility, balance, speed, shot power, etc...
  • Gnomenclature

Wtf are they thinking? Fire are one of the originals... The logo and colors arent the problem there...

Updating the original is fine, but thats a completely differnt logo with no respect given to the history of the club.
  • Ryno

To be honest, I dont hate it. But, like, was this really the best they could come up with? My graphic designer co-workers both asked if this was made by a friend of mine or an actual business, and were shocked when I said this is the official design usedand created by a team worth millions.
  • RayS
    Ryno wrote: »

To be honest, I dont hate it. But, like, was this really the best they could come up with? My graphic designer co-workers both asked if this was made by a friend of mine or an actual business, and were shocked when I said this is the official design usedand created by a team worth millions.

ha was about to say this looked very much like a studen graphic designer thing...
  • Gnomenclature

As a fine artist myself, our community refer to **** like this as "hotel art" lol.... Could be a logo for a law firm or bed and breakfast...
  • RayS

As a fine artist myself, our community refer to **** like this as "hotel art" lol.... Could be a logo for a law firm or bed and breakfast...

Hilarious and true
  • Antparry92
    18415 posts World Class
    Wow...long time since I last ventured in here.

Just seen that NYRB have just let go of BWP and Luis Robles... RIP :joy:
  • Gnomenclature
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Sad to see bwp move on, but last year was kinda poor for him. Hope red bulls spend some serious money and bring a great player to the league.
  • RayS

broooo @Antparry92 where you been!!

Did the release of MLS league SBC bring you back?
  • Ryno

League is on its head at the moment :joy:
  • Gnomenclature

Hope its a sign that a lot of young talent is lining up to get in...

Red Bulls are a strange club... Never won a cup (not counting metro stars) but always have a decent squad to compete.

Maybe they get timo werner lol...
  • Antparry92
    18415 posts World Class

A lot of massive losses to the league tbh. I still follow a lot on Instagram and Facebook but I turned notifications off from the thread :joy:
  • I can’t believe we didn’t keep Robles. That hurts a lot. Even worse I can’t seem to find where to buy his jersey anywhere which really sucks
  • Chubbs
    14480 posts Has That Special Something
    Done Villalba with every team prebuilt. Will wait until prices go down to get Acosta.
  • Gnomenclature
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Done Villalba with every team prebuilt. Will wait until prices go down to get Acosta.

I did the opposite. I'll get villalba after black Friday.