The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• WestardLord
    1677 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thierry Henry will coach Montreal Impact

https://www.tvasports.ca/2019/11/14/thierry-henry-a-la-barre-de-limpact

I'm about to cry, I think.
  • RayS
    28039 posts Player of the Year

Yeah just saw that. Crazy!

If I'm honest, I don't think it'll go very well based on his time at Monaco, but who knows, maybe he becomes like a Patrick Vieira in MLS
  • Gnomenclature
    4644 posts National Call-Up

Nice. Henry manager card Inc lol. Hope his pedigree can translate to managing. At least his players will have no problem respecting him.
  • SAFC89
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    5E82E7F0-4001-41B0-B1A9-60DCDBFE84B5.jpeg

Saving up for Lev Yashin and Moore
  • Ryno
    6489 posts Big Money Move
    SAFC89 wrote: »

Blake doesn't have arms in this game, so any keeper besides him would be an upgrade lmao
  • RayS
    @SAFC89 if you take that online you're a brave brave man
  • Gnomenclature
    Here it comes again... The dreaded expansion draft.

Hate these ever year, I think teams should be able to protect more than 11 players. I'm certain nouhou from seattle gets taken - which is fine, he deserves to start for another team.

Lafc and atlanta are gonna take a hit here. Villaba is certainly gone - another guy that should be starting in this league.

Who are you most worried about seeing snatched away from your club?
  • SAFC89
    RayS wrote: »

I do quite well on line to be fair. Unbeaten in 6 as it stands
  • SAFC89

I do quite well on line to be fair. Unbeaten in 6 as it stands
    Ryno wrote: »
    SAFC89 wrote: »

Blake doesn't have arms in this game, so any keeper besides him would be an upgrade lmao

Far too inconsistent. He’ll have a couple of games where he’s unstoppable but in the next concede a silly goal.
  • SuperSonicSean
    6105 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019

No one. Literally no one. I highly doubt anyone poaches one of Chicago's bench/reserve players.

@SAFC89 Swap Schweini and Bradley. Drop Yedlin in at RB. Unfortunately until Steffen racks up an IF or 2, there's no good American GKs, so you're gonna have to sub on Ter Stegen or hybrid if you want to be truly competitive with that team.
  • RayS

Hate these ever year, I think teams should be able to protect more than 11 players. I'm certain nouhou from seattle gets taken - which is fine, he deserves to start for another team.

Lafc and atlanta are gonna take a hit here. Villaba is certainly gone - another guy that should be starting in this league.

Yeah I'm not too worried for FC Dallas either tbh. It's mainly a bunch of kids!
  • Gnomenclature

Yeah I'm not too worried for FC Dallas either tbh. It's mainly a bunch of kids!

Well, football is all about buying and selling children lol. Could see some of those kids being a good investment...
  • Gnomenclature
    Cavani to la? Sounds like a juicy transfer rumor (again).
  • RayS

Somewhat feasible as he's getting older and seems has lost his place to Icardi
  • Gnomenclature

Somewhat feasible as he's getting older and seems has lost his place to Icardi

32 isn't that old these days - considering how well athletes take care of themselves. Galaxy will be bidding against a lot of top clubs in the world imo.

LA is a wealthy man's paradise - everyone wants to live in california at some point.
  • Gnomenclature
    Btw guys, inform lodeiro is excellent at cam with deadeye. For some reason he does not feel slow.

5 games, 5g and 9a in Dr.

His runs off the ball are rapid and deadly. Not even being biased (maybe a little lol).
  • RayS
    Btw guys, inform lodeiro is excellent at cam with deadeye. For some reason he does not feel slow.

His runs off the ball are rapid and deadly. Not even being biased (maybe a little lol).

Those passing stats especially are fire with Deadeye
  • Gnomenclature

Those passing stats especially are fire with Deadeye

At first I put him in the team for fun, but now I can't take him out. I've rarely found a card like this that plays well above it's stats. Only complaint is he can get knocked off the ball quite easily. That 93 stam is great for a center cam too. Decent composure too.

The other issue is that I'm playing Josef out wide cam - it's not a great position for him, but zlatan has to be striker lol.

Potm vela isn't as affective out wide either. Sadly I'm gonna have to replace him with an icon - thinking either Barnes or Wright. That is unless we actually get a mvp vela card...
  • Gnomenclature
    Usa vs Canada tonight.

Canada need a win and the usa does not. Last match, canada won 2-0... Love our brothers and sisters to the north, but I'm hoping the US can put on a show.

3-1 USA.

No pulisic in the squad, but we do have most others available. Including a possible debut by Dest!

I'll be watching Dest's debut with mixed expectations... Btw, yedlin is back in the team.

Good luck my Canadian friends.
  • RayS
    Usa vs Canada tonight.

Canada need a win and the usa does not. Last match, canada won 2-0... Love our brothers and sisters to the north, but I'm hoping the US can put on a show.

3-1 USA.

No pulisic in the squad, but we do have most others available. Including a possible debut by Dest!

I'll be watching Dest's debut with mixed expectations... Btw, yedlin is back in the team.

technically Canada can draw and still top the group :p

but yeah... hope we look a lot better for round 2 vs Canada. Not a good look when you lose to a country for the first time in 30 years. I can appreciate what Gregg wants to do with the team in terms of making it a possession type of team... but if it doesn't work... it doesn't work. Maybe it's too early in his tenure to tell if he can make it work, but when WC qualifying points are on the line... we better have something that works.

And yes, let's get Dest officialy cap-tied. no going back!!
  • Gnomenclature
    Usa vs Canada tonight.

3-1 USA.

but yeah... hope we look a lot better for round 2 vs Canada. Not a good look when you lose to a country for the first time in 30 years. I can appreciate what Gregg wants to do with the team in terms of making it a possession type of team... but if it doesn't work... it doesn't work. Maybe it's too early in his tenure to tell if he can make it work, but when WC qualifying points are on the line... we better have something that works.

Dest cap tied! I still have nightmares related to not making the last world cup... My Confidence in this usa squad is pretty neutral ATM...

One day some gifted young athlete will choose soccer instead of the NFL, NBA, etc, this gifted young athlete will be the next cr7/messi lol.

Damn we need a world class striker in this squad... Zardes is just not the guy.
  • RayS
    Usa vs Canada tonight.

3-1 USA.

Dest cap tied! I still have nightmares related to not making the last world cup... My Confidence in this usa squad is pretty neutral ATM...

One day some gifted young athlete will choose soccer instead of the NFL, NBA, etc, this gifted young athlete will be the next cr7/messi lol.

pretty sad that a chronically injured, aging Altidore is still our best striker by a mile...
  • Gnomenclature
    Usa vs Canada tonight.

3-1 USA.

pretty sad that a chronically injured, aging Altidore is still our best striker by a mile...

😕

USA soccer needs to go after these crazy talented American football youngsters and pay/brainwash them to play soccer...

• Gnomenclature
    Loving this squad!

Capture-2019-11-15-10-57-26.png

• Chubbs
    14487 posts Has That Special Something
    I dont think Villalba will be left unprotected.

I could totally see them not protecting Pogba and him getting picked up but in my opinion he is great and would be better protected than some of our other choices especially with Parkhurst retiring and us only having Pogba, LGP, and Miles at CB.

Will definitely be interesting, could thing you can only lose one. Meram might be picked up too.
  • Gnomenclature
    Chubbs wrote: »
    I dont think Villalba will be left unprotected.

I could totally see them not protecting Pogba and him getting picked up but in my opinion he is great and would be better protected than some of our other choices especially with Parkhurst retiring and us only having Pogba, LGP, and Miles at CB.

Will definitely be interesting, could thing you can only lose one. Meram might be picked up too.

I agree. Also, pogba is a bit under rated in this league... at least in the handful of games I've seen him in.
  • Chubbs
    14487 posts Has That Special Something
    Brian Fernandez booted from the league.
  • Gnomenclature
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Brian Fernandez booted from the league.

**** is a hell of a drug... timbers took a risk, too bad Fernandez couldn't redeem himself.
  • Gnomenclature
    Just got home, thought the game was on at 5... missed the first 2 goals, but looks like Morris is going for a SIF! Goal and assist so far. Hope he can add some more.
  • SuperSonicSean
    6105 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019
    Man, I wish the US could play with a purpose like this every night. Every now and again they get pissed off and just destroy the opposition. Other times they look disinterested. Thankfully this is the former, and without Pulisic too, which is promising.

Hope one of our defenders gets it. Long 1G + CS? He'd have a sick card TBH.