The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• RayS
    27222 posts Player of the Year
    oh and TFC: I've been following the career of Tsubasa Endoh since he went to the Super Draft. A Japanese imigrant coming to the US to play college soccer was a unique story. With Japanese heritage myself, I've always been rooting for him and hoping for his best.
  • Ryno
    6458 posts Big Money Move
    Who's gonna rebuild and surprise us next season?

Sporting Kansas has some work to do. Wouldn't be surprised to see a shake up here. Do they bring Dom Dwyer back?

**** no, we won't bring him back. The FO have already said we will be a player in the market this year, but being an undesirable market for major signings, I expect some under the radar, European DP or TAM signing
  • RayS
    Ryno wrote: »

Sporting Kansas has some work to do. Wouldn't be surprised to see a shake up here. Do they bring Dom Dwyer back?

**** no, we won't bring him back. The FO have already said we will be a player in the market this year, but being an undesirable market for major signings, I expect some under the radar, European DP or TAM signing

To combine your soccer worlds it would be pretty wild/awesome if Nakajima came to SKC (he is out of favor at Porto so maybe??)... Think of Nakajima and Russell tearing up the flanks :o
  • Ryno
    RayS wrote: »

To combine your soccer worlds it would be pretty wild/awesome if Nakajima came to SKC (he is out of favor at Porto so maybe??)... Think of Nakajima and Russell tearing up the flanks :o

Oh god, now I will be disappointed by literally any other signing now
  • RayS
    The one good thing about the silver objective is that I can delve into my MLS stockpile and build a fun silver MLS side to complete it with
  • RayS

Oh god, now I will be disappointed by literally any other signing now

That would be problematic for me tho. Would love to support him and any Japanese in MLS but I don't think I can support my rival team :D
  • Gnomenclature
    4072 posts National Call-Up

Skc will definitely make some moves this off season. They made some questionable trades this year that really hurt them. Russel is a really great player, a top tier striker to play with him will be key I think. As an outsider, it appeared that there was problems in the dressing room - skc did not look confident over the last 6 months.
  • Gnomenclature
    The one good thing about the silver objective is that I can delve into my MLS stockpile and build a fun silver MLS side to complete it with

Zardes is still a goat. Not quite as good since the heading nerf, but still bangs them in for me. Lucho is good too.
  • hellodee
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 12
    cmon MVP Vela. i got 51 TOTW Lodiero @ 10K
  • Ryno
    hellodee wrote: »

Another day of waiting for you it seems
  • RayS

another day of disappointment
  • hellodee

yes i m just buying lotto. worst case scenarion losing 241 coins per card.
  • hellodee
    YEDLIN TOTW will be sick
  • Gnomenclature

That lodiero card is very good with deadeye. Scored 4 goals in one Dr game lol.

Wicked finesse shot.
  • Chubbs
    14476 posts Has That Special Something
    LAME
  • Gnomenclature
    Rodriguez card looks dreadful lol. Already have Morris at left mid...

Still have to get him though.... the 82 lodeiro card is very good, maybe this Rodriguez with deadeye will be ok...

Wish he was a cam though. Should have 99 curve and finesse shot trait if ea ever actually watched football lol.
  • RayS
    edited November 13

Still have to get him though.... the 82 lodeiro card is very good, maybe this Rodriguez with deadeye will be ok...

Wish he was a cam though. Should have 99 curve and finesse shot trait if ea ever actually watched football lol.

weird the tweet shows him as LM but FUTbin shows him as RM lol
  • SuperSonicSean
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    Thanks for nothing, Seattle Sounders. Would have much rather had a Michael Bradley or Jozy Altidore card than this trash. Outside of the league SBC and random FB cards, we probably won't get any decent MLS players for months.
  • hellodee
    Thanks for nothing, Seattle Sounders. Would have much rather had a Michael Bradley or Jozy Altidore card than this trash. Outside of the league SBC and random FB cards, we probably won't get any decent MLS players for months.

hope for intl breaks and mls mvp. thats it until March
  • hellodee

if they throw EOE Beasley i wouldnt mind either
  • RayS

if they throw EOE Beasley i would go nuts

ftfy
  • RayS
    @SuperSonicSean bye bye Veljko!?
  • Gnomenclature

weird the tweet shows him as LM but FUTbin shows him as RM lol

Yeah I noticed that too. Problem is inform mitrita is still the best option at left mid.
  • SuperSonicSean

I just saw that. It's about darn time. I think we should have done this much earlier. We had too much talent on the roster not to make the playoffs this past year. He had weird personal issues with players such as Raheem Edwards, who is in limbo. Edwards demanded a trade since he wasn't getting playing time (he deserved some IMO), and Pauno snapped on him, left him out of the 18, and refused to trade him. There's countless stories like this. I think he's a good tournament coach managing young players he has complete control over, but he's not good managing adults in a league environment. After the success we found a few years back with Niko/Accam and Polster/Vincent flying down the wings, we failed to establish a new identity or find any sort of rhythm. We need someone who can take us into a new era of greatness, and Pauno has shown that he's not the man for the job. Good riddance.

I kinda hope we get Mike Petke
  • RayS

I just saw that. It's about darn time. I think we should have done this much earlier. We had too much talent on the roster not to make the playoffs this past year. He had weird personal issues with players such as Raheem Edwards, who is in limbo. Edwards demanded a trade since he wasn't getting playing time (he deserved some IMO), and Pauno snapped on him, left him out of the 18, and refused to trade him. There's countless stories like this. I think he's a good tournament coach managing young players he has complete control over, but he's not good managing adults in a league environment. After the success we found a few years back with Niko/Accam and Polster/Vincent flying down the wings, we failed to establish a new identity or find any sort of rhythm. We need someone who can take us into a new era of greatness, and Pauno has shown that he's not the man for the job. Good riddance.

hm that's too bad. Seems he was better suited to those youth national team gigs he had before.

Seems lots of change now with the new ownership! Could be really exciting next season.
  • Gnomenclature

hm that's too bad. Seems he was better suited to those youth national team gigs he had before.

Seems lots of change now with the new ownership! Could be really exciting next season.

Chicago are gonna surprise next season for sure. Interested to see what they do in the transfer window.
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited November 13
    I'm cautiously optimistic. Chicago is going to have a lot of new pieces in place next year. I hope they can all gel together.

Also, Zlatan and the Galaxy have mutually agreed to part ways.
  • RayS
    I'm cautiously optimistic. Chicago is going to have a lot of new pieces in place next year. I hope they can all gel together.

So long Zlatan Era. Wonder what's next for him.
  • Gnomenclature

So long Zlatan Era. Wonder what's next for him.

7mil a year? Its China or Saudi league.... Or retirement...

Should I sell my scream ibra? If he hangs them up ea will have to release a eoae right? **** me, ea will Probably shaft us on that card too.