The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• Gnomenclature
    4541 posts National Call-Up
    Urgg. Toronto doing a good job of closing space...
  • SuperSonicSean
    6101 posts Big Money Move
    Toronto had Seattle on the ropes late in the first half. They need to keep the pressure on. The goal is coming. Michael Bradley is turning in a vintage performance.
  • SuperSonicSean
    That's such a lame goal. Who do they give the IF to if the scoreline stands? :D
  • Gnomenclature
    Ugly own goal in an ugly game for seattle...

Nerves!
  • Gnomenclature
    Seattle trying to get a record for most give aways... this is hard to watch.
  • RayS
    27833 posts Player of the Year
    Rodriguez!
  • SuperSonicSean
    Victor Rodriguez IF? Meh. Seattle has such boring FIFA cards. I was really hoping for Toronto to do something, but it looks like it wasn't...in the cards.
    sPwgpLj.gif
    I'll see myself out.
  • Gnomenclature
    Apparently Leerdam gets the goal?

Oh snap! The assassin!
  • SuperSonicSean
    I was about to say at least Leerdam has the clean sheet to boost his consideration, but then Jozy had to score a garbage time goal.

Toronto really needs to see about getting Giovinco back. He's not doing anything of note in Saudi Arabia. And I think Toronto wins this game with his finishing and creativity in the attacking 3rd.
  • chrigaro
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Congrats to the Sounders! :)
  • Gnomenclature
    I was about to say at least Leerdam has the clean sheet to boost his consideration, but then Jozy had to score a garbage time goal.

Toronto really needs to see about getting Giovinco back. He's not doing anything of note in Saudi Arabia. And I think Toronto wins this game with his finishing and creativity in the attacking 3rd.

Ruidiaz had a goal and assist.... but would only make my fun squad if he got an inform.

Can't wait for my new kit with two stars!
  • Ryno
    6489 posts Big Money Move
    Congrats to our Seattle supporting friends @Gnomenclature and @heavymcd
  • Gnomenclature
    Ryno wrote: »

Woot! Was very worried at half time... could have been a completely different game if altidore was fit I think...

Toronto were the better team until the "own goal" was conceded. Seattle came alive and put the game to bed.

Wish I could've been there. Great day for football, got to see Liverpool school city then Seattle win a cup.
  • Chubbs
    14480 posts Has That Special Something
    Congrats to Seattle, cant say they didnt deserve it. Would've been mad if Toronto would have won.

Schmetzer is the goat, him and lagerwey are unreal.

• SuperSonicSean
    edited November 2019

Ruidiaz had a goal and assist.... but would only make my fun squad if he got an inform.

Can't wait for my new kit with two stars!
    Meh. I'm an MLS fan and I couldn't care less about that card. No way he makes my starting XI, and MLS cards aren't really good enough for a fitness squad.
  • Gnomenclature
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Congrats to Seattle, cant say they didnt deserve it. Would've been mad if Toronto would have won.

Schmetzer is the goat, him and lagerwey are unreal.

Can't tell you how many times Seattle have had a poor first half - schmetzer always finds away to make the right changes and have the team come out in the 2nd half and turn the tides.

It helps having 3 or 4 players that can play several positions.

Joevin Jones can play the wing or fullback, Roldan can literally play anywhere on the field. Morris is comfortable at left, right, or center, and svensson can play cdm or cb...

Also every player has a high defensive w orkrate. Lagerway is a magician at building squads that can go all the way in this league too. In addition, the ownership group treats their players with the utmost respect - almost every retired sounder has a post playing position in the front office, coaching staff, or in local media and comjunity outreach.

Just a class organization.
  • RayS

Yep, big congrats boys!
  • RayS
    Did a Seattle fan take over EA Twitter lol we better be getting some good FUT content from all th MLS Cup posts they put out earlier!
  • Gnomenclature
    RayS wrote: »
    Did a Seattle fan take over EA Twitter lol we better be getting some good FUT content from all th MLS Cup posts they put out earlier!

They did? I don't do twitter... hopefully they do.

Probably just gonna put a 82 rated ruidiaz in totw.... won't be useable though unless I'm trolling with my awful sounders squad lol.
  • RayS

Probably just gonna put a 82 rated ruidiaz in totw.... won't be useable though unless I'm trolling with my awful sounders squad lol.

Yeah I don't do Twitter either but just bookmark a few key sites on my mobile browser.

Can't tell if EA account or MLS

• Gnomenclature

Yeah I don't do Twitter either but just bookmark a few key sites on my mobile browser.

Can't tell if EA account or MLS

Hmmm... seems like a lot of hype for a video game company to give mls... better give us some content!
  • Ryno
    Luis Robles to Inter Miami.
  • RayS

wasn't Robles captain for NYRB? continuing the tradition of trading their captains I guess
  • Gnomenclature

Wow... why? They gonna put meara back in goal lol? Maybe he asked for a transfer to Beckham's pink flamingos?

I'm sure Miami is gonna come out of the gates running - no way Beckham doesn't build a winning team.

Gonna be awkward when Miami play against galaxy and have to walk past a statue of their owner lol.
  • Gnomenclature

wasn't Robles captain for NYRB? continuing the tradition of trading their captains I guess

Red bulls just can't seem to build a cup winning squad - they couldn't even do it with henry...

Wright Phillips is past his prime. They need to make some serious signings to compete in the east.
  • Ryno

Wow... why? They gonna put meara back in goal lol? Maybe he asked for a transfer to Beckham's pink flamingos?

I'm sure Miami is gonna come out of the gates running - no way Beckham doesn't build a winning team.

Gonna be awkward when Miami play against galaxy and have to walk past a statue of their owner lol.

Money talks $600k in AM is too much to pass up for him
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited November 2019

Sheesh. We only got 100K and some draft picks for Dax McCarty. I'm not sure why we traded him for so little.
    Post edited by SuperSonicSean on
  • Gnomenclature

Wow. That's a **** ton in a league with a tight salary cap... It's worth more than a 20 mil transfer fee in some ways...
  • Gnomenclature
    Who's gonna rebuild and surprise us next season?

Sporting Kansas has some work to do. Wouldn't be surprised to see a shake up here. Do they bring Dom Dwyer back?

Chicago is looking to really make some changes next season - they are move back to soldier field, schwein is retired, and the ownership group seems to be ready to spend some cash.

San Jose earthquakes are my dark horse next season. The coach there has done some massive work on their playstyle - just need a few marquee signings and more fans in that new stadium.

Vancouver... we will see, that ownership is cheap as ****. Hope they can contend next year and compete in cascade.

Cincinnati... got work there to do on the field. Everything else is in place.

Portland. Valeri is getting on in years, wouldn't be surprised if they add some quality to the defense. A whole season with Fernandez will help.

Colorado? They have never changed. Don't expect much from them other than more free hotdogs for the fans lol.

Red bulls need 2 or three attackers. (And apparently a goal keeper).

Dallas. I'm thinking these young guys get it done next year - all they need is experience.

Houston.... are they still in mls?

Orlando. Tragic organization - lots of talent and no cohesion. Maybe Miami coming into the league can light a fire under their ****.

Galaxy obviously need a whole new backline - not sure if zlatan is coming back.

What do you guys think?

• RayS
    Who's gonna rebuild and surprise us next season?

Sporting Kansas has some work to do. Wouldn't be surprised to see a shake up here. Do they bring Dom Dwyer back?

Chicago is looking to really make some changes next season - they are move back to soldier field, schwein is retired, and the ownership group seems to be ready to spend some cash.

San Jose earthquakes are my dark horse next season. The coach there has done some massive work on their playstyle - just need a few marquee signings and more fans in that new stadium.

Vancouver... we will see, that ownership is cheap as ****. Hope they can contend next year and compete in cascade.

Cincinnati... got work there to do on the field. Everything else is in place.

Portland. Valeri is getting on in years, wouldn't be surprised if they add some quality to the defense. A whole season with Fernandez will help.

Colorado? They have never changed. Don't expect much from them other than more free hotdogs for the fans lol.

Red bulls need 2 or three attackers. (And apparently a goal keeper).

Dallas. I'm thinking these young guys get it done next year - all they need is experience.

Houston.... are they still in mls?

Orlando. Tragic organization - lots of talent and no cohesion. Maybe Miami coming into the league can light a fire under their ****.

Galaxy obviously need a whole new backline - not sure if zlatan is coming back.

What do you guys think?

Agree with most of those points.

FC Dallas have a lot of potential and youth everywhere, so it'll be interesting to see if anyone has a breakout season like Pomykal did. Also, Ondrasek has turned out to be pretty decent the last part of the year so I hope he continues that straight into the start of next year.

Houston will be interesting to see if Tab Ramos can bring about an Oscar Pareja with Dallas kind of feel with the youth.

NE will be interesting to see if Bruce can continue any kind of success with a whole season (and off season) in front of him.

What will DC do with Rooney and [very likely] Acosta gone??

Vancouver were so bad... but I'm still looking out to see if Hwan Im-beom can be a difference maker with a bit of improvement around him. He's one of those guys who oftem makes really good passes (one of the best passers in the league imo), but they're not always the direct assist. Sometimes it's a key pass or two before the actual assist.

Did Portland ever work out a deal with Valeri? As far as I knew they were still kind of at a standoff there.

LA Galaxy: Zlatan or no Zlatan?

LAFC: Can Bob build on a record breaking season? What can he improve to ensure a run to at least MLS Cup?