The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• Ryno
    6317 posts Big Money Move
    Ryno wrote: »
    RayS wrote: »
    At least I can look forward to another MLS IF. I would assume Morris is a lock. I bet they put him as a LW, altho a central card would suit me better

It will be a winger... unfortunate, but at least he'll be fast. 2* weak foot is the real shame - scores so many left footer irl but ea don't actually watch football lol.

He's more of a right cam/2nd striker that cuts in. Right forward? Who knows, most Seattle forwards free roam anyways.

Morris has never had a good weak foot and that was only his second this season scored with his left foot

You sure about that? I know his weak foot can be a disadvantage, but I'm sure he's scored more than the two in this last game.

To be fair, Morris has never been clinical. He's as scrappy as they come. His strength and pace are certainly his best features - although, his crossing game has really improved. As far as dribbling? Not good lol.

Morris needs to watch more tape of vardy - I think they could be similar types of players.

It may have been two of his goals today were with his left, but Taylor Twellman said after his first left foot goal that it was is second with his left this season.
    Morris weak foot much better this year than before

Would agree with this
  • SuperSonicSean
    6048 posts Big Money Move
    This Philly/NYRB game is everything I hoped for.
  • Ryno
    This Single Elimination Playoff thing is everything I hoped for.

• Gnomenclature
    3624 posts National Call-Up

Agreed. No park the bus, just full out attack. Wish every game in the season had the intensity of these playoff games.
  • SuperSonicSean

Read my mind haha. But seriously, the games are so much better overall this year. Much more attacking end to end soccer. And it makes the regular season more important, which was a criticism of the old format. This is what the fans want to see.
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited October 20
    Robles is keeping RB in this game. My goodness.
  • Gnomenclature
    Some real monster performances in every game these playoffs.

Hold onto your hats! Extra time in almost every game with only 4 days between.
  • Ryno
    What an amazingly entertaining game. Philadelphia Union, congrats on your first playoff win!
  • Chubbs
    14461 posts Has That Special Something
    Safe to say the new playoff format is doing what it was intended. Fun games. No one parking it away from home.
  • Ryno
    Minnesota can't finish their chances and LA steal it late. El Traffico on Thursday
  • Ryno
    Only one I got wrong in the bracket challenge was DC United :)
  • Gnomenclature
    Only one I got wrong in the bracket challenge was DC United :)

Only one for me was portland... was savoring a por vs sea game. La vs la never dissapoints though. Zlatan was hardly in this game, I'm sure he'll show up vs lafc!

Sea vs rsl looks good on paper.... they beat us good earlier though 😓
  • Chubbs
    I'm more pumped for el traffico than I am for the Atl game.
  • Ryno
    Chubbs wrote: »

If El Traffico isn't the best game of the year, I'll never watch an MLS game again
  • Gnomenclature

If El Traffico isn't the best game of the year, I'll never watch an MLS game again

It amazes how well galaxy play against lafc - the galaxy have one of the worst defenses in the league.... i mean dreadful.... their fullbacks are sunday league quality at best.
  • RayS
    26542 posts Player of the Year

It amazes how well galaxy play against lafc - the galaxy have one of the worst defenses in the league.... i mean dreadful.... their fullbacks are sunday league quality at best.

Their fullbacks are so bad they played two center backs there instead Sunday lol and they still looked suspect
  • Ryno

Their fullbacks are so bad they played two center backs there instead Sunday lol and they still looked suspect

Don't think Giancarlo Gonzalez or Polenta have ever played outside back before and of the two of them, only Gonzalez had the passing ability to do much of anything besides defend
  • Gnomenclature

Polenta at least attempts to get forward, Gonzalez looked very uncomfortable.

This la Galaxy looks exactly like a Houston team from 2014 - make up for skill by being physical and hacking down dribbles....

Albeit, zlatan, pavon, and dos Santos are very good players. The rest of the team is ****.
  • AngryFUTplayer
    904 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 21
    Jonathan does Santos would be a perfect choice for a league ABC if we still had them. Easily link zlatan and Vela in any mls squad or hybrid... sadly... he is the one player I hope turns up the most for el traffico...
  • RC
    766 posts Semi-Pro
    Romney played LB and Polenta (who has played LB before and has the best ball skills and passing of any of our defenders) played LCB. But yeah, our fullbacks suck :/.

A few weeks ago I felt we wouldn’t make it far. But Drini looked good yesterday so now I believe we’re capable of winning it all by barely scoring more than we concede :D.
  • Gnomenclature
    RC wrote: »
    Romney played LB and Polenta (who has played LB before and has the best ball skills and passing of any of our defenders) played LCB. But yeah, our fullbacks suck :/.

A few weeks ago I felt we wouldn’t make it far. But Drini looked good yesterday so now I believe we’re capable of winning it all by barely scoring more than we concede :D.

Romain did look good. If he starts, garaunteed ibra scores twice. In thinking he subs at 60 again though. As a seattle fan, I'm nore inclined to favor a galaxy match up over lafc... Although, in years past, galaxy have sent us home.... But those were the Robbie kean days.
  • Gnomenclature
    Zlatan just hit 375k on xbox... anyone here use him? I'm waiting till rewards to buy him as I think he will drop to 300k and rise back up when out of packs....
  • RayS
    Zlatan just hit 375k on xbox... anyone here use him? I'm waiting till rewards to buy him as I think he will drop to 300k and rise back up when out of packs....

Still waiting to pull the trigger myself haha. 300k would be the dream
  • RayS wrote: »

I said if he hit 325-350 I would pull the trigger. Close
  • Chubbs
    I hated him and not even trying to be a downer. Loved his flashback last year but absolutely hated him for the 10 games I had him this year.
  • Gnomenclature

I'm sitting on 650k... coins are so hard to come by this year that I really don't wanna lose too much on ibra - he will be in my team till his EOAE comes out (scream will tank). Assuming he retires... I think he will after the playoffs. I'll be keeping a close eye on mlssoccer.com after galaxy are sent home (can't see them winning the cup).

An EOAE card will be my wet dream.
  • Gnomenclature

I said if he hit 325-350 I would pull the trigger. Close

Same. Also want muller though....
  • Chubbs
    Tickets secured for the playoff game Thursday night. Going to be a long week but will hopefully be worth it!
  • RayS
    Tickets secured for the playoff game Thursday night. Going to be a long week but will hopefully be worth it!

Crazy expensive?
  • Chubbs

Crazy expensive?

No, resale in the second bowl was only 55$ plus ticketmaster fees. Ticketmaster is a scam and really wish MLS would end their partnership. Prefer second bowl at MBS anyway too, better lines of sight for soccer games.