The American SOCCER Lounge 18/19

Comments

• Chubbs
    14207 posts Has That Special Something
    RayS wrote: »
    I think @Chubbs set this up

That **** was hilarious though when Guzan came up.
  • RayS
    24937 posts Player of the Year
    Chubbs wrote: »
    I think @Chubbs set this up

That **** was hilarious though when Guzan came up.

Yeah lol idk if they accidentally left outfield player stats up for his card
  • RayS
    Zimmerman.png

Looks super sexy
  • Chubbs
    9 points for Atlanta this week. Should confirm Champions League and keeps our lead up on NYRB for the supporters shield.
  • Ryno
    6033 posts Big Money Move
    Zimmerman.png

Looks super sexy

That card/badge combo is sexual
  • Antparry92
    17223 posts World Class
    edited September 2018
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Right so after a handful of games I’m gonna run through who are good and bad basically. Ones I’ve left out are neither here or there, just middle of the road do a job

Goat
    Waston
    Vela
    Giovinco

Good
    Miggy
    Ossie
    Opara
    Bradley
    Josef
    Sagna
    Sane
    Rooney (good-ish)

Trash
    Maxi Moralez (Like Gio...without the skill)
    Katai (68 pace LM...)
    Quintero (Couldn’t finish his dinner or pass wind)
    Schwein (has no legs)
    Roman Torres (a tank that can’t tackle)

Niiieeece @Antparry92 . I forget how good Gio is early in the game esp. nice to hear Waston is still beastly.

Is Sagna’s low stamina and speed a problem?

Not as a RCB in a 3 atb, he seems pretty strong in the tackle and has played well there tbh
    Post edited by Antparry92 on
  • Antparry92
    17223 posts World Class
    Picked up IF Gerso

Is this the year I get every MLS special card?
  • RCTID
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Totally biased, but I’m actually loving Chara at CDM in a 3-5-2. Not biased, he is paired with Alonso, who is my 2nd favorite MLS midfielder.

Good cheap defense, to use is Toprac, Brooks, and either Pavard or Vogt. Using Casteels in goal. I highly recommend Delaney to link with Brooks and Pulisic if you are using MLS and US attackers.
  • RCTID
    Has anyone actually used Mercedes-Benz Stadium? I want to give it a try, but not for the price it is going for now.
  • Chubbs
    RCTID wrote: »
    Has anyone actually used Mercedes-Benz Stadium? I want to give it a try, but not for the price it is going for now.

Its beautiful. Great atmosphere in game too. Only issue is once in ten games you will get a day game with the roof open and the contrast between dark and sun spots is way too much.
  • Chubbs wrote: »

Its beautiful. Great atmosphere in game too. Only issue is once in ten games you will get a day game with the roof open and the contrast between dark and sun spots is way too much.

this exactly. the sun spots are miserable. Really want to keep using it, but its extremely frustrating
  • Antparry92
    17223 posts World Class
    I’ll probably give it a miss then. I’m yet to buy kits and badges etc yet.

Although I do have LAFC away kit and Montreal home from my starter packs which I’m rocking at the moment
  • RayS

Idk how they don’t realize how bad the shadow contrast is for certain stadiums... they could easily tweak visuals so the contrast wasn’t as stark
  • Antparry92
    17223 posts World Class
    IF BWP is terrible :anguished:
  • Antparry92 wrote: »

Totally disagree. Have engine on him as his finishing and positioning are good enough. He just always pops up with a goal for me when I need it. Playing him off of Ibra in a 3142
  • RCTID

Not terrible, but Josef, Zlatan, Vila, Gio, and Rooney have all been better for me.

And once again Thomas Muller is amazing, just like the beginning of every year of FUT.
  • Chubbs

Idk how they don’t realize how bad the shadow contrast is for certain stadiums... they could easily tweak visuals so the contrast wasn’t as stark

I figured they would have just made it closed 100% of the time considering one game has been played there with it open.
  • RayS

I figured they would have just made it closed 100% of the time considering one game has been played there with it open.

There’s no way in the world EA would pay that much attention
  • Chubbs

There’s no way in the world EA would pay that much attention

Can see as much as they've butchered the Halo board above the field.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5737 posts Big Money Move

I believe it. I've never been impressed by a BWP card, and he's never been a top MLS striker in FIFA. He's not fast, he's not strong, he's not an aerial threat, he's not a skiller or amazing dribbler, etc. BWP lacks the types of gimmicks ST need to score consistently in FIFA.

Villa with a chemistry style is every bit the finisher BWP is (and has better long shots and curve), plus he has 4* skills and a 5* weak foot. BWP is outclassed. Gerso at least has use as a ST super sub.
  • Antparry92
    17223 posts World Class
    Like Sean said he has literally nothing about his game and all the other MLS strikers have been better than him bar for Darwin Quintero (man that card just feels broke). I thought maybe BWP would make some good runs or be in the right place right time but he doesn’t even do that. Think I’m done with him and will stick with Josef and Zlatan
  • RC
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    Just a heads up... started buying MLS players for the league SBC and I've noticed that a few teams have only 1 RB/LB. Most of them are cheap right now so you guys might as well grab them now. Fullbacks tend to get expensive.
  • Bvegas
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    Need that release week IF Darwin to happen
  • RayS
    RC wrote: »
    Just a heads up... started buying MLS players for the league SBC and I've noticed that a few teams have only 1 RB/LB. Most of them are cheap right now so you guys might as well grab them now. Fullbacks tend to get expensive.

thx for the heads up. i wonder if they'll do it first thing like they did in 17. it's such a grind to get all the players and cover for potential strange formations bc you know EA do not base formations on actual irl team formations
  • RobbenStones
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Soccer :D
  • RayS
    edited September 2018
    Soccer :D

Welcome, friend.

Incidentally it is also called “soccer” in Japan. Well “sakka”
  • RC
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    RC wrote: »

thx for the heads up. i wonder if they'll do it first thing like they did in 17. it's such a grind to get all the players and cover for potential strange formations bc you know EA do not base formations on actual irl team formations

Yeah I always try to buy extra players to cover for them.

Btw, San Jose only has 5 defenders. 4 CBs and 1 RB. I can see them getting really expensive, maybe even extinct, regardless of formation.
  • Antparry92
    17223 posts World Class
    I’ll be honest I bought up most teams straight away last year...don’t think I’ll bother this year as there were league SBC’s released right away but no sign so far :neutral:
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    I don't know about y'all but in an english/prem side BWP is scoring goals. They might not be crazy, but as NYRB fan it's fun to use him.
  • Antparry92
    17223 posts World Class
    Just had a few nice games offline on 18 with my reserves and 3rd string side.

Hate how expensive MLS IF’s are on there though. Hopefully have an IF Blanco for 9.9k though when I go back on later