The American SOCCER Lounge

Comments

• RayS
    25311 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2018
    What does your (real life) team XI look like in FUT?

AFB1_E62_C-53_CD-4880-_BAF6-584_B1_C9_D790_B.jpg
  • Was planning on a starter team all along with Martinez and Almiron and then ended up packing IF BWP in my loyalty packs. I don't usually use a 1 league team, but how does this look for a starter?

4Lqk19U.png

Could use dynamic tactics if the formation doesn't work out for me and I reckon Schweinsteiger will be a good way of testing if what everyone seems to be saying about pace being unimportant in central areas is true. Not sure on Ciman, considering one of the high rated Silvers or even Miles Robinson as he was fun to use in my FIFA 18 Atlanta CM.

MLS Goalkeepers and fullbacks really are trash unfortunately.
  • RayS
    CaTriEm wrote: »
    Was planning on a starter team all along with Martinez and Almiron and then ended up packing IF BWP in my loyalty packs. I don't usually use a 1 league team, but how does this look for a starter?

4Lqk19U.png

Could use dynamic tactics if the formation doesn't work out for me and I reckon Schweinsteiger will be a good way of testing if what everyone seems to be saying about pace being unimportant in central areas is true. Not sure on Ciman, considering one of the high rated Silvers or even Miles Robinson as he was fun to use in my FIFA 18 Atlanta CM.

Looks good! Take a look at Waston as an option for Ciman. He’s pretty slow but he’s physically dominant (and 6’5”). I’ve found that in 3atb the centeal CB doesnt have to be super fast.

Also could consider Zlatan or Giovinco for CAM
  • Antparry92
    17540 posts World Class
    Was planning on a starter team all along with Martinez and Almiron and then ended up packing IF BWP in my loyalty packs. I don't usually use a 1 league team, but how does this look for a starter?

4Lqk19U.png

I’d go with Waston ahead of Ciman or even Kashia. I’d also change Taider for Ossie Alonso. Need someone to cover for Schweinsteiger’s lack of legs
  • Thanks guys, knew I had used Waston before, was a great Bronze card back when they still had a place in the game:

https://www.futhead.com/15/players/34545/kendall-waston/
  • RayS
    edited September 2018
    Thanks guys, knew I had used Waston before, was a great Bronze card back when they still had a place in the game:

He’s much much better now :)

He’s so strong, aggressive, and tall that I think he kinda breaks the games foul mechanics (at least in 18). I would routinely smashed players to the ground with Waston and walk away without a call. No way some of those tackles wouldn’t be fouls irl lol
  • CaTriEm
    870 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    RayS wrote: »
    Thanks guys, knew I had used Waston before, was a great Bronze card back when they still had a place in the game:

He’s much much better now :)

He’s so strong, aggressive, and tall that I think he kinda breaks the games foul mechanics (at least in 18). I would routinely smashed players to the ground with Waston and walk away without a call. No way some of those tackles wouldn’t be fouls irl lol

No one will ever measure up to Andy Iro from FIFA 12, one of my all-time favourite CB's across all FIFA's, he was only in packs for a few months. I doubt any of you would actually remember him from his time at Toronto, guy was clearly a genetic freak but wasn't cut out for the professional game.

https://www.futhead.com/12/players/6241/iro/
  • hockeyphenom87
    7049 posts Big Money Move
    Dribbling is so delayed. Passing is so delayed. All they had to do was just slow down the game speed, not make it to where I turn and my guy takes an hour to do so. Glad I played the trial to save my 60 bucks. Won't be joining you guys this year. God this game is straight trash.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5941 posts Big Money Move
    Does LAFC Ciman exist? I haven't seen any on PS4 on the web app. I think it's the same thing with Van Damme last year. One less gold CB for us to use.
  • Ryno
    6082 posts Big Money Move
    Dribbling is so delayed. Passing is so delayed. All they had to do was just slow down the game speed, not make it to where I turn and my guy takes an hour to do so. Glad I played the trial to save my 60 bucks. Won't be joining you guys this year. God this game is straight trash.

I think when you have this mentality about the game and the franchise as a whole now, its time to hang up the virtual boots.

Playing the full game, I can say I am incredibly happy playing the game and having a lot of fun. But Ill wait a month to figure out what the end result will end up being
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    Does LAFC Ciman exist? I haven't seen any on PS4 on the web app. I think it's the same thing with Van Damme last year. One less gold CB for us to use.

Though the same thing. Not a single one in the market as of yet
  • hockeyphenom87
    7049 posts Big Money Move
    Ryno wrote: »

I think when you have this mentality about the game and the franchise as a whole now, its time to hang up the virtual boots.

Playing the full game, I can say I am incredibly happy playing the game and having a lot of fun. But Ill wait a month to figure out what the end result will end up being

I've bought every one since 12. Played ultimate team since then. Skipping this year cause I know the inevitable will happen. Disappointed.
  • Ibra is amazing. Shoot and score. Just don’t sprint with him and his ball control combined with his strength is dirty
  • Antparry92
    17540 posts World Class
    edited September 2018
    Just picked up IF BWP :)
    Post edited by Antparry92 on
  • Antparry92
    17540 posts World Class
    Vela and Waston are GOAT
  • Antparry92
    17540 posts World Class
    Right so after a handful of games I’m gonna run through who are good and bad basically. Ones I’ve left out are neither here or there, just middle of the road do a job

Goat
    Waston
    Vela
    Giovinco

Good
    Miggy
    Ossie
    Opara
    Bradley
    Josef
    Sagna
    Sane
    Rooney (good-ish)

Trash
    Maxi Moralez (Like Gio...without the skill)
    Katai (68 pace LM...)
    Quintero (Couldn’t finish his dinner or pass wind)
    Schwein (has no legs)
    Roman Torres (a tank that can’t tackle)
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Just picked up IF BWP :)

Same. Can’t wait to try him out. What chem style do you think you’re gonna give him?
    Slowly trading to get IF Gerso
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    So I need your opinion guys. Seriously considering getting FIFA 19 for the Nintendo switch instead of the Xbox. Good? Bad? Am I a lunatic?
  • Ryno
    6082 posts Big Money Move
    So I need your opinion guys. Seriously considering getting FIFA 19 for the Nintendo switch instead of the Xbox. Good? Bad? Am I a lunatic?

Lunatic indeed
  • CaptEcuador16
    1862 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ryno wrote: »

Lunatic indeed

Yea I read some of the reviews from FIFA 18 and apparently at least FUT wise it’s not good. Doesn’t have the full FUT features that Xbox and PS have. Pulling out now
  • RayS
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Right so after a handful of games I’m gonna run through who are good and bad basically. Ones I’ve left out are neither here or there, just middle of the road do a job

Goat
    Waston
    Vela
    Giovinco

Good
    Miggy
    Ossie
    Opara
    Bradley
    Josef
    Sagna
    Sane
    Rooney (good-ish)

Trash
    Maxi Moralez (Like Gio...without the skill)
    Katai (68 pace LM...)
    Quintero (Couldn’t finish his dinner or pass wind)
    Schwein (has no legs)
    Roman Torres (a tank that can’t tackle)

Niiieeece @Antparry92 . I forget how good Gio is early in the game esp. nice to hear Waston is still beastly.

Is Sagna’s low stamina and speed a problem?
  • For what it’s worth not really impressed at all with Gerso. On the other hand BWP is killing it for me. He’s very much a poacher, but with engine he actually feels a bit nimble. His heading is also really good when he gets his head on the ball
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited September 2018
    IF Zimmerman? Brace and a clean sheet so far (19 pts and counting in fantasy. Yes, I have him).

Would be a very tasty card, and help ease the loss of Ciman this year.
  • Chubbs
    14262 posts Has That Special Something
    Gooch with two goals. Need that information just to look at. Won't be useable but will make his tots better.
  • BWP just got the softest yellow card ever and is gonna miss the game against Atlanta next week cause of it. Unless he pulled some Jacki Moon from semi-pro stuff idk how what he did was a yellow
  • SuperSonicSean
    Zimmerman.png
  • Chubbs
    BWP just got the softest yellow card ever and is gonna miss the game against Atlanta next week cause of it. Unless he pulled some Jacki Moon from semi-pro stuff idk how what he did was a yellow

Absolutely huge for next week.
  • Chubbs
    16 yr old US youth Bello starting for ATL.
  • RayS
    I think @Chubbs set this up