The American SOCCER Lounge 18/19

Comments

• SuperSonicSean
    5263 posts Big Money Move
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Hello best CB pairing in the league....move along Parker and Long...here comes Waston and Opara <3

Waston plays for Cincy. I think my Fire have a chance this year with Marcelo (78 rated former Sporting CP CB), an underrated Johan Kapelhoff, plus Basti dropping back to spray passes.
  • Antparry92
    16951 posts World Class
    Hello best CB pairing in the league....move along Parker and Long...here comes Waston and Opara <3

Waston plays for Cincy. I think my Fire have a chance this year with Marcelo (78 rated former Sporting CP CB), an underrated Johan Kapelhoff, plus Basti dropping back to spray passes.

My bad, I’m thinking of Ossie who’s gone to Mini soda
  • RayS
    23758 posts Player of the Year

My bad, I’m thinking of Ossie who’s gone to Mini soda

mini soda. niceeee :D
  • Ryno
    6026 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 29
  • Chubbs
    14179 posts Has That Special Something

Sad to see him go but am happy for him. Shame it's to the second worst team on the planet.
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited January 29
    Woo! Almiron to the Toon! They secure the transfer of a hot young talent AND beat Manchester City in the same day? Leggoooo!
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Shame it's to the second worst team on the planet.
    Your team got relegated in back to back seasons. Newcastle is quite literally out of your league lol. :D
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    It's both annoying and makes me feel oddly proud to see an MLS player being sold for such a price.
  • Chubbs
    14179 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 30
    Woo! Almiron to the Toon! They secure the transfer of a hot young talent AND beat Manchester City in the same day? Leggoooo!
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Shame it's to the second worst team on the planet.
    Your team got relegated in back to back seasons. Newcastle is quite literally out of your league lol. :D

For now. Haha.

RIP sweet prince.

• SuperSonicSean
    New DC United RB
    https://www.futhead.com/19/players/11969/leonardo-jara/

Might be the best in the league now with Van Der Wiel's departure. Looks decent with a Shadow.
  • RayS
    Polster to Rangers done
  • Ryno
    This kid is the real deal, be on the watch for him this season

• RayS
    Ryno wrote: »

@Ryno i like to think that you are the cause of all this overlap between the JACK world and US soccer world. You know anything about how he was in the K-league?
  • RayS
    RayS wrote: »

@Ryno i like to think that you are the cause of all this overlap between the JACK world and US soccer world. You know anything about how he was in the K-league?

Dude’s got some flair. I like to see that from an Asian player
  • Ryno

He actually played in K2 for Daejeon Citizen, but was good enough to be called up for SK's Asian Cup campaign and has been a regular as of late.

This article will do a better job than I probably could: https://www.eightysixforever.com/2019/1/30/18198606/who-is-new-vancouver-whitecap-hwang-in-beom
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited January 31
    Giovinco sold to Al Hilal confirmed. All of our highest rated players are leaving :'(
  • Ryno
    Giovinco sold to Al Hilal. Confirmed. All of our highest rated players are leaving :'(

That just means its time for MLS 4.0, or 5.0 or whatever iteration we are upon.
  • SuperSonicSean
    Giovinco sold to Al Hilal. Confirmed. All of our highest rated players are leaving :'(

That just means its time for MLS 4.0, or 5.0 or whatever iteration we are upon.

Yeahhh...I know the league is a lot better now, but I kinda miss the era of signing aged European vets. Ibrahimovic and Rooney have become the exception, not the rule. Now we just sign random 65 overall 21 year olds from the Chilean league or Korean second division. It's not as exciting from an entertainment or FIFA perspective. These guys are unusable lol. I'm praying someone signs Nani. Give us 1 new fun card to use this window.
  • RC
    761 posts Semi-Pro
    And this comes out of nowhere.

What a crazy transfer window it’s been for MLS.
  • RayS

He actually played in K2 for Daejeon Citizen, but was good enough to be called up for SK's Asian Cup campaign and has been a regular as of late.

This article will do a better job than I probably could: https://www.eightysixforever.com/2019/1/30/18198606/who-is-new-vancouver-whitecap-hwang-in-beom

Good insight. Will definitely be paying attention to how he does with Vancouver
  • Apparently Giovinco was pissed at TFC’s front office. His tweet bashed them. Sorry I don’t know how to link it. Essentially said they prefer to focus on things other than winning
  • Antparry92
    16951 posts World Class
    Apparently Giovinco was pissed at TFC’s front office. His tweet bashed them. Sorry I don’t know how to link it. Essentially said they prefer to focus on things other than winning

It’s true though, they could have capitalised on their success but stood still and let others play catch up whilst they plummeted back down again. They’ve lost Gio and Víctor Vázquez now so I really fear for them this season.

Saying that, there are quite a number of bad front offices in the MLS. Who would you say is the worst? I’d have to go with Orlando or Revs
  • SuperSonicSean
    edited January 31
    Dang I didn't know Victor Vazquez left too. We're losing all of our golds. :'(

Speaking of bad FOs, you've gotta throw the Fire's into the mix. We won back to back wooden spoons in a league that encourages parity. Made the playoffs 1 season, then bounced back towards the bottom the next. We made 25 year old Christian Dean and 24 year old Brandon Vincent retire (knew we should have drafted Jack Harrison instead), we were so poor. Schweinsteiger practically fell in our lap because the league felt sorry for us. We blamed Sean Johnson, then struggled with Matt Lampson, Jorge Bava, and Richard Sanchez while Johnson went on to become one of the league's best with a competent defense in front of him in NYC. They sold an incredibly productive David Accam without signing a suitable replacement.
    They banned the entirety of Sector Latino, one of the few groups who actually supported the awful product the Fire were putting out on the field, all because of a few knuckleheads.

This off-season, in addition to losing Vincent and Dean, we lost Matt Polster to Rangers, and cut serviceable backups Jonathan Campbell and Drew Connor, on a team that lacks depth and domestic players. I could go on and on, but our FO is up there. There's no reason for us to be this poor in a major city like this.
  • Antparry92
    16951 posts World Class

Speaking of bad FOs, you've gotta throw the Fire's into the mix. We won back to back wooden spoons in a league that encourages parity. Made the playoffs 1 season, then bounced back towards the bottom the next. We made 25 year old Christian Dean and 24 year old Brandon Vincent retire (knew we should have drafted Jack Harrison instead), we were so poor. Schweinsteiger practically fell in our lap because the league felt sorry for us. We blamed Sean Johnson, then struggled with Matt Lampson, Jorge Bava, and Richard Sanchez while Johnson went on to become one of the league's best with a competent defense in front of him in NYC. They sold an incredibly productive David Accam without signing a suitable replacement.
    They banned the entirety of Sector Latino, one of the few groups who actually supported the awful product the Fire were putting out on the field, all because of a few knuckleheads.

This off-season, in addition to losing Vincent and Dean, we lost Matt Polster to Rangers, and cut serviceable backups Jonathan Campbell and Drew Connor, on a team that lacks depth and domestic players. I could go on and on, but our FO is up there. There's no reason for us to be this poor in a major city like this.

Damn that’s poor! That flat out sucks to follow a FO like that! I thought the revs had it bad but the just lack any sort of investment/input for any sort of DP players etc
  • RayS

Damn that’s poor! That flat out sucks to follow a FO like that! I thought the revs had it bad but the just lack any sort of investment/input for any sort of DP players etc

NE have the added strange situation with Brad Friedel and the team. There was the whole Lee Nguyen saga last season. That gets taken care of, and you think, "Okay Friedel is just stamping down his style and authority on the team." And then they let Kellyn Rowe go. And now Diego Fagundez is sayin he wants out of NE too... I'm not in that locker room, but I see some red flags goin up.
  • RayS
    Doing the Eredivisie SBC and coming across random ex MLS players like De Leew (at FC Emmen) and van Anholt (NAC Breta) and some Americans like EPB (NAC Breta) and Novakovic (Fortuna Sittard)
  • Antparry92
    16951 posts World Class
    Doing the Eredivisie SBC and coming across random ex MLS players like De Leew (at FC Emmen) and van Anholt (NAC Breta) and some Americans like EPB (NAC Breta) and Novakovic (Fortuna Sittard)

Speaking of SBC’s I’m doing the Liga NOS one for my boy Hector and then I’m gonna do the Aussie one for Honda and the packs as you can break even on open bids with terrible pack luck.

What happens when you have 180k spare, managed to keep Rui Costa and packed a red Quagliarella to go with futswap Lautaro ahead of Rui Costa
  • QceCapo
    5352 posts Big Money Move

NE have the added strange situation with Brad Friedel and the team. There was the whole Lee Nguyen saga last season. That gets taken care of, and you think, "Okay Friedel is just stamping down his style and authority on the team." And then they let Kellyn Rowe go. And now Diego Fagundez is sayin he wants out of NE too... I'm not in that locker room, but I see some red flags goin up.

Don't get me going on the Revs I get super salty. With all the money the Kraft family has they should be making splash after splash and going after some real players. Playing at Gilette is such a joke too.....get a soccer only stadium in downtown Boston and watch it sell out every single match.
  • Antparry92
    16951 posts World Class
    So I’ve a few options at the moment for icons to build on from Serie A. Have 750k for the whole team and a red Quag

91 MVB (550k)
    90 Inzaghi (490k)
    90 Vieri (580k)
    91 Baggio (685k)
    90 Rui Costa (630k)
  • Jfo88
    22552 posts Club Captain
    So I’ve a few options at the moment for icons to build on from Serie A. Have 750k for the whole team and a red Quag

91 MVB (550k)
    90 Inzaghi (490k)
    90 Vieri (580k)
    91 Baggio (685k)
    90 Rui Costa (630k)

Baggio is the best of those options
  • Antparry92
    16951 posts World Class
    Jfo88 wrote: »

91 MVB (550k)
    90 Inzaghi (490k)
    90 Vieri (580k)
    91 Baggio (685k)
    90 Rui Costa (630k)

Baggio is the best of those options

Suppose price dictates that. Just leaves me with so little for the rest which worries me slightly