Eredivisie Lounge 2018-2019

Comments

• Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    If arsenal didnt have Ozil.

Thats how serious I take the article

Problem is they do have Özil and they literally can't get rid of the bloke, so I think it's not as ludicrous of a statement as it might appear at first sight. They have similar qualities, and with their limited budget I would definitely understand giving Özil another (undeserved, perhaps) chance and spending the money on their genuine weakness; defense.
  • Choepiechakie
    30888 posts National Team Captain
    Mart wrote: »

Problem is they do have Özil and they literally can't get rid of the bloke, so I think it's not as ludicrous of a statement as it might appear at first sight. They have similar qualities, and with their limited budget I would definitely understand giving Özil another (undeserved, perhaps) chance and spending the money on their genuine weakness; defense.

I agree, but Ozil doesnt really get much game time anymore, and when he does, he is a ghost.

Ziyech has shown to put the work in defensively, which Ozil lacks. If ozil isnt important offensively, he's useless, and Ziyech has shown in the CL he is more than just a good passer.

Im curious what he will do. Would love it if he stayed.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner

I agree, but Ozil doesnt really get much game time anymore, and when he does, he is a ghost.

Ziyech has shown to put the work in defensively, which Ozil lacks. If ozil isnt important offensively, he's useless, and Ziyech has shown in the CL he is more than just a good passer.

I agree, I don't rate Özil at all and his impact is minimal. Problem is they need to invest heavily in their backline and need a potential Ramsey replacement. Signing another CAM/wide playmaker like Ziyech when you still have €400K/week Özil on your wage list might not be the best option right now.
  • Choepiechakie

I agree, I don't rate Özil at all and his impact is minimal. Problem is they need to invest heavily in their backline and need a potential Ramsey replacement. Signing another CAM/wide playmaker like Ziyech when you still have €400K/week Özil on your wage list might not be the best option right now.

Yeah and its Arsenal, any other team would nt bat an eye. Just unlucky.

But how are the rumours of Ziyech joining Bayern?
  • Choepiechakie
    Also the Africa Cup would be a major factor. If he shows up there aswell. I think he is a goner
  • lucas
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    The big difference about ziyech and ozil is that ozil is not a good player for the modern footbal, the so called lazy 10 just doesn’t work in most tactics anymore which make ozil useless, where ziyech maybe is a little less creative than ozil he makes up for it in workrate. Regardless of this ziyech is gone this summer and when he is not i fully understand if he forces a move away.
  • Choepiechakie
    Ggs only
  • Janoe1
    7245 posts Big Money Move
    Afellay to PSV
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    12826 posts Has That Special Something
    Nunnely to Willem II, interesting. Was one of the bigger talents not too long ago. Wondered what happened.
  • ProHulst0s
    6978 posts Big Money Move
    Nunnely to Willem II, interesting. Was one of the bigger talents not too long ago. Wondered what happened.

He didn’t develop after O17. He was actually yhe most promising of the front three that was Kluivert - Malen - Nunnely. The other two went on to become better each week, while Nunnely stayed behind.
  • Gyan_33
    27494 posts Player of the Year

Hopefully he ain't another De Sa
  • lucas
    Shouldn’t be to hard tbh, as long as they keep their 11
  • ProHulst0s
    lucas wrote: »
    Shouldn’t be to hard tbh, as long as they keep their 11

That could be said about any team in our league, yet they always **** up
  • ProHulst0s
    On paper, AZ and Utrecht should go through to the next round. But you never know in real life..
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    With the way our clubs have performed in qualifiers recently, I wouldn't be surprised if Feyenoord get knocked out before the 3rd round without having to play anyone.
  • lucas
    With the way our clubs have performed in qualifiers recently, I wouldn't be surprised if Feyenoord get knocked out before the 3rd round without having to play anyone.

If there was a way for us to get qualified with playing qualifiers i would gladly take it, when it comes to qualifiers we have less composure than the British implementing brexit
  • Janoe1
    @Manutelli Gratz! Toornstra 2022
  • Choepiechakie
    Janoe1 wrote: »

Toornstra is a solid feyenoord player.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    edited June 19
    Janoe1 wrote: »

Toornstra is a solid feyenoord player.

If their ambition is to finish 3rd at best, sure. No need for an extension, keep him this year, sell, bring in a younger guy from the academy/abroad. They need to start generating more income through player sales and they need to do it quickly.

Their squad as it stands wouldn't even get them €100m if they tried, it's not good enough.
  • Manutelli
    18212 posts World Class
    He is crap
  • alex1987
    5293 posts Big Money Move
    Ten Hag extended contract.
  • Janoe1
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Ten Hag extended contract.

Yea v nice
  • ProHulst0s
    Marsman to Feyenoord, nice
  • Gyan_33
    27494 posts Player of the Year
    Hahahahahaha
  • Janoe1
    Odegaard to Leverkusen
  • Robinflex
    1801 posts Play-Off Hero
    ProHulst0s wrote: »
    Marsman to Feyenoord, nice

Looooooooool
  • Manutelli
    18212 posts World Class
    It is getting worse and worse...
  • lucas
    Here was me thinking i would finally get a season ticket again..... one month into the transfer period and we sign marsman **** marsman