Eredivisie Lounge 2018-2019

Comments

• Janoe1
    7457 posts Big Money Move
    Manutelli wrote: »
    From now on we can start and move forward again. Van Geel started of great but kept holding us back the last couple of seasons.

Gratz ;)
  • alex1987
    5451 posts Big Money Move
    Kjell Scherpen and Kik Pierie likely to move to Ajax.
    Good transfers after Marin.
  • Robinflex
    1890 posts Fans' Favourite
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Kjell Scherpen and Kik Pierie likely to move to Ajax.
    Good transfers after Marin.

Would be funny if Ajax just went ahead and spent 100 million on a player like Coutinho or whatever
  • Manutelli
    18459 posts World Class

Scherpen going to infiltrate like Frenkie de Jong

Next year again 6-2 :trollface:
  • Choepiechakie
    31404 posts National Team Captain
    Signing a questionable manager and them leave the next month

GG v Geel
  • Choepiechakie
    Scherpen going to infiltrate like Frenkie de Jong

Next year again 6-2 :trollface:

Tell me how the cup semi went
  • xciljw
    4962 posts National Call-Up
    Scherpen and Pierie are no signings for Ajax. Not good enough. Think we all agree on that. These guys have no interest in playing for Jong Ajax next year and we all know they are going to end up there. They won't be playing in the first team.

Can't judge Marin. Asked a Belgian friend about him and he is expecting him to be a Bande 2.0 for his own position. Not a bad player, but not the level Ajax should be chasing.
  • MiIan
    12380 posts Has That Special Something
    "Bande 2.0" is really the worst example he can give. The guy couldn't even show himself because of a 1-year injury since pre-season. :D

Pierie and Scherpen are both so young still, so they're definitely not a write off. Hoping they won't end up as Sinkgraven, though.
  • alex1987
    edited March 28
    xciljw wrote: »
    Scherpen and Pierie are no signings for Ajax. Not good enough. Think we all agree on that. These guys have no interest in playing for Jong Ajax next year and we all know they are going to end up there. They won't be playing in the first team.

Can't judge Marin. Asked a Belgian friend about him and he is expecting him to be a Bande 2.0 for his own position. Not a bad player, but not the level Ajax should be chasing.

Do we all agree on that? I don't.
    Scherpen has all the physics you would want in a goalkeeper. That with his age and the low cost is worth the gamble. Pierie, also 18, has 50 games in the eredivisie. He made some misstakes but so did De Ligt at start. Pierie looks to me as a big talent.

Both Scherpen and Pierie have ending contracts.

I would be all for signing Scherpen/Pierie and loaning them to Heerenveen/Emmen or another Eredivisie team. Onana is supposedly offered a new contract in return for staying one more year.

But a Bandé 2.0 is ridiculous. He has made a total of 0 minutes. What are you judging him on?
    Go back to Neres' first half season. Media were all over him not being good enough.
  • Manutelli
    18459 posts World Class
    It is not worth the gamble.

You lot are just buying because of the sake of it. So many players aren't getting playing time and time to develop which they would otherwise do get. You have loads of money and can get them in 2 years as well easily, if they manage to develop. Both are getting nowhere near your current starting eleven and they aren't players you should get for next years starting eleven. Loaning them out doesn't help as well because we all know what happens with your loaned out players.
  • Choepiechakie
    Whata up with that Schuurs? Not good enough?
  • alex1987
    It is not worth the gamble.

You lot are just buying because of the sake of it. So many players aren't getting playing time and time to develop which they would otherwise do get. You have loads of money and can get them in 2 years as well easily, if they manage to develop. Both are getting nowhere near your current starting eleven and they aren't players you should get for next years starting eleven. Loaning them out doesn't help as well because we all know what happens with your loaned out players.

Buying because the sake of it? I don't agree.
    Plus, buy them in 2 years is not necessarily possible. They could have moved clubs by then. Pierie has a contract until 2020 thus will be sold this summer.

We all know what happens to our loaned players? There's examples of both. Vertonghen, Blind and Vermaelen for example were all loaned out.
    I agree the list of players that did not make it is longer. But it does not necessarily prove your point.

You will always have hit and misses. For example our Colombian group. Cassierra and Orejuela were misses. Davinson Sanchez was a hit and made up for both. Sometimes you will have to take the risk.
  • alex1987

It's his first year. He's doing alright at Jong Ajax. But who would he have to replace in this year's first team?
    I haven't seen enough to judge yet, his Fortuna season was great. Would 've preferred Ajax had let him stay another year and get the Eredivisie experience though.
  • Choepiechakie

It's his first year. He's doing alright at Jong Ajax. But who would he have to replace in this year's first team?
    I haven't seen enough to judge yet, his Fortuna season was great. Would 've preferred Ajax had let him stay another year and get the Eredivisie experience though.

Dunno, I do know ajax bought Magallan.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13060 posts Has That Special Something

Dunno, I do know ajax bought Magallan.

I still don’t understand why Ajax was interested in Magallan in the first place.
  • alex1987
    Yeah - Magallan is hard to judge. Didn't have the best debut and got injured right after.
    I am curious to see him more often though. I mean, an army of scours have made reports on him. I'm sure he isn't a total fluke :lol:
  • alex1987
    Onana contract extended to 2022. Great job there.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    The Schuurs situations was handled extremely poorly from the start. He was Fortuna's captain, with them getting promoted. So instead of signing him, and letting him play in Sittard for another year or two, they decide to have him play his football in an ever-changing, inconsistent Jong Ajax side at a level he's proven to be good enough for.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    edited March 28
    xciljw wrote: »

Pierie, I dare to put money on that, would stay at Heerenveen for another year, I have enough faith that the club has learned from its mistakes with Perr Schuurs (which quite frankly has been a disaster).

Scherpen seems unnecessary to me, but financially will be next to no risk. We have Kotarski who is reportedly doing very well, and will have another year to develop with Onana extending his contract until 2022.
  • MiIan
    Mart wrote: »
    The Schuurs situations was handled extremely poorly from the start. He was Fortuna's captain, with them getting promoted. So instead of signing him, and letting him play in Sittard for another year or two, they decide to have him play his football in an ever-changing, inconsistent Jong Ajax side at a level he's proven to be good enough for.

Exactly.
  • MiIan
    Matusiwa is playing really well for De Graafschap. If he continues devolopping, he could become useful as a back-up midfielder. We need a Kanté style of player.
  • Manutelli
    18459 posts World Class
    Wonder how much Onana will receive from a future transfer
  • Choepiechakie
    Rip barney
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner

Probably next to nothing, don't see why you'd say that.
  • lucas
    4932 posts Big Money Move
    Rip barney

• lucas
    4932 posts Big Money Move
    Began with PIM bergkamp will be my player i grind torwards only have 50k left in the bank so i hope eredivisie won’t get a seperate tots
  • alex1987
    edited March 29
    Mart wrote: »

Probably next to nothing, don't see why you'd say that.

Probably got a signing fee for extending contract + a proper salary increase.
    lucas wrote: »
    Began with PIM bergkamp will be my player i grind torwards only have 50k left in the bank so i hope eredivisie won’t get a seperate tots

I'm using him as CAM in 433(4). Have to sub him off around the 70th minute or so.
    His finishing and long shots are immense.
  • ProHulst0s
    7089 posts Big Money Move
    Ajax - PSV score predictions guys.

My guess would be either 2-1 or 3-1
  • Robinflex
    1890 posts Fans' Favourite
    ProHulst0s wrote: »
    Ajax - PSV score predictions guys.

My guess would be either 2-1 or 3-1

7-0
  • Manutelli
    18459 posts World Class