Eredivisie Lounge 2018-2019

Comments

• Janoe1
    7362 posts Big Money Move
    Pffff
  • Choepiechakie
    31026 posts National Team Captain
    alex1987 wrote: »
    About 7 games changed in dates and time to give Ajax some extra rest.
    Good decision.

Yeap.

But I expect them to do the same what happened to Zwolle.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13025 posts Has That Special Something
    FFS Napoli, screwing up the rankings for the Netherlands by losing to an Austrian club
  • xciljw
    4961 posts National Call-Up
    FFS Napoli, screwing up the rankings for the Netherlands by losing to an Austrian club

Can't blame others for ruining it for us, just should have won more games ourselves in the last 5 years. Ajax has had 2 good seasons out of the 5, PSV has had 1 or 2 good seasons out of the 5, don't think we saw AZ or Feyenoord do well in those at all. The ranking also includes Go Ahead Eagles with the Fair Play ticket when they relegated, which was a massive joke. That case alone would make the difference. All of the teams have failed to hit a constant level. Ruining it for ourselves, because we kept saying it would be fine. At least it is nice to see how the KNVB is going to help the teams with rescheduling and I am pretty confident Ajax will get that draw next round, no matter who they play.
  • lucas
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    xciljw wrote: »

Can't blame others for ruining it for us, just should have won more games ourselves in the last 5 years. Ajax has had 2 good seasons out of the 5, PSV has had 1 or 2 good seasons out of the 5, don't think we saw AZ or Feyenoord do well in those at all. The ranking also includes Go Ahead Eagles with the Fair Play ticket when they relegated, which was a massive joke. That case alone would make the difference. All of the teams have failed to hit a constant level. Ruining it for ourselves, because we kept saying it would be fine. At least it is nice to see how the KNVB is going to help the teams with rescheduling and I am pretty confident Ajax will get that draw next round, no matter who they play.

Tbh we have been shafted by the refs a few years ago against roma, not that we would have gone through to the final but we would have won the game
  • xciljw
    4961 posts National Call-Up
    lucas wrote: »

Tbh we have been shafted by the refs a few years ago against roma, not that we would have gone through to the final but we would have won the game

True, but still Feyenoord have been performing under the level they need to reach if we want to stay up there in the ranking. Can't blame you much for the Champions League year or losing to Roma, but more the years of Trencin, Krasnodar or not getting out of the Europa League group (Man Utd, Fenerbahce, Zorya Luhansk) when there was chances to do so. Same with AZ, obviously it has not been that bad all years, but its those losses in qualification that hurt us the most.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13025 posts Has That Special Something

Yes I know but still a club like Napoli should have beaten Salzburg :P
  • alex1987
    5377 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 15
    We need 1 draw to pass Austria again.
    Some Uefa guy posted a picture on Twitter which revealed the draw begin(was quickly deleted):
    Liverpool - Ajax
    Juventus - Porto
    Manchester U - Tottenham
    Barcelona - City

They usually do a practice round in the morning, last year the practice round had the exact same draw as the official one. Liverpool would be awesome to go up against.
  • Manutelli
    18389 posts World Class
    Barcelona - City would be such a shame. Hoping for United - Juventus and want City - Liverpool in the final.
  • alex1987
    Ajax - Juventus
    Liverpool - Porto
    Barcelona - United
    City - Tottenham

Juventus will be difficult. Not unbeatable but yeah.
    Liverpool, City and Barcelona easy wins.
  • Janoe1
    7362 posts Big Money Move
    Yea thats gonna be very hard
  • lucas
    Ajax - Juventus
    Liverpool - Porto
    Barcelona - United
    City - Tottenham

You can beat them as long as you play against madrid
  • Robinflex
    1844 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m kind of glad with Juventus. I think Chiellini and Bonucci are great defenders, but maybe not against a False 9 type of striker like Tadic. Also their fullbacks are pretty average if you ask me... There’s a chance.
  • alex1987
    Robinflex wrote: »
    I’m kind of glad with Juventus. I think Chiellini and Bonucci are great defenders, but maybe not against a False 9 type of striker like Tadic. Also their fullbacks are pretty average if you ask me... There’s a chance.

As we have seen against Atletico, they relie pretty much on Ronaldo's day.
    Didn't do much the first round, love 2-0.
    Had a fantastic match, win 3-0. Apart from Ronaldo and Dybala i'm not that impressed.
  • Gyan_33
    28216 posts Player of the Year
    Veltman versus Ronaldo, should be great fun
  • Gyan_33

Had a fantastic match, win 3-0. Apart from Ronaldo and Dybala i'm not that impressed.

Dybala doesn't even start. This isn't FIFA.
  • alex1987
    Gyan_33 wrote: »

Dybala doesn't even start. This isn't FIFA.

I know he doesn't start lately. Does that mean he's not a quality player? Last season was fantastic for him.
    No need to be snarky though.
  • Gyan_33

Juventus are 18 points clear at the top in Serie A and you're not impressed based on 1 game against Atlético. Bit weird really.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    lucas wrote: »
    Ajax - Juventus
    Liverpool - Porto
    Barcelona - United
    City - Tottenham

You can beat them as long as you play against madrid

What?😂
  • alex1987
    edited March 15

Juventus are 18 points clear at the top in Serie A and you're not impressed based on 1 game against Atlético. Bit weird really.

Not that impressed and not impressed has a clear nuance in it. They dominate the league yeah. But didn't Napoli just lose to Salzburg? Inter knocked out by Frankfurt?
    You don't have to tell me Juventus is stronger than Ajax. But the serie A isn't what it used to be.

I wouldn't rule out Ajax in this one.
  • Gyan_33

Not that impressed and not impressed has a clear nuance in it. They dominate the league yeah. But didn't Napoli just lose to Salzburg? Inter knocked out by Frankfurt?
    You don't have to tell me Juventus is stronger than Ajax. But the serie A isn't what it used to be.

The Serie A still had 4 teams active in Europe this round. The Italian league isn't as strong as before, yes. But it's still miles better than the Eredivisie, where Ajax aren't even top.
  • alex1987

The Serie A still had 4 teams active in Europe this round. The Italian league isn't as strong as before, yes. But it's still miles better than the Eredivisie, where Ajax aren't even top.

Oh I definately agree. I think the performance gap between Ajax's matches in the league and Europe is too big.
    One thing is for certain, they will have to play like the Rela Madrid and Bayern game. And Juventus can't be top.
  • ProHulst0s
    7041 posts Big Money Move
    I think it ends here for us. I just hope we put up a good fight and don't lose like 4-0 or something
  • Robinflex
    1844 posts Fans' Favourite
    ProHulst0s wrote: »
    I think it ends here for us. I just hope we put up a good fight and don't lose like 4-0 or something

I wouldn’t even be mad if you get kicked out at this stage. Ajax have proven themselves a lot of times in the CL. Any result we get now is just a big bonus.
  • ProHulst0s
    edited March 16
    Feyenoord :)

Just as I type this, they score lol

Edit 2: No goal hahaha
  • lucas
    Can we get stam now please
  • Gyan_33
    LEEEEEEEWIIIIIIIIS
  • Manutelli
    18389 posts World Class
    WOuld like to punch our entire back five + Clasie and VIlhena and give Gio a kick in the balls. This is just embarrassing. It is so **** terrible :joy:
  • ProHulst0s
    5 guys couldn't stop Isak from going through the defense and score :joy:
  • MiIan
    12323 posts Has That Special Something
    Isak GOAT.