Eredivisie Lounge 2018-2019

Comments

• MiIan
    12636 posts Has That Special Something
    Babel will thankfully be back soon, but we must miss Veltman and Promes for several weeks. Schuurs is more than able to step in for Veltman, but I'm the most concerned about losing Promes again. His forward runs are so important for our attacking play, especially against the defensive Getafe in a few weeks.

So this probably means Traoré will be playing the coming weeks, and fingers crossed Ziyech will be back soon so that Donny can play at 8 again.
  • alex1987
    5864 posts Big Money Move
    MiIan wrote: »
    Babel will thankfully be back soon, but we must miss Veltman and Promes for several weeks. Schuurs is more than able to step in for Veltman, but I'm the most concerned about losing Promes again. His forward runs are so important for our attacking play, especially against the defensive Getafe in a few weeks.

So this probably means Traoré will be playing the coming weeks, and fingers crossed Ziyech will be back soon so that Donny can play at 8 again.

I like Donny at 10. I'd say keep it as it is and get Ziyech in for Promes but from the right side and Babel left, Tadic striker.
  • MiIan
    alex1987 wrote: »

I like Donny at 10. I'd say keep it as it is and get Ziyech in for Promes but from the right side and Babel left, Tadic striker.

That would be the best attacking wise, yes. But I don't dare to play Getafe with Eiting and Gravenberch at midfield to be honest. Would rather have Traoré at striker and then Donny at 8 for his experience and to keep more balance. Also, Ziyech has been playing so much better at 10 than at the right in my opinion. I think it would balance it out.
  • ProHulst0s
    7204 posts Big Money Move
    Eiting and Gravenberch would be suicide against Getafe.
  • alex1987

That would be the best attacking wise, yes. But I don't dare to play Getafe with Eiting and Gravenberch at midfield to be honest. Would rather have Traoré at striker and then Donny at 8 for his experience and to keep more balance. Also, Ziyech has been playing so much better at 10 than at the right in my opinion. I think it would balance it out.

Against Getafe i would agree.
    Could even understand playing Alvarez at midfield for some more physical strength.
  • MiIan
    Veltman out for 2 months. Great test for Schuurs now to impress. At least the length and physique is usefull against Getafe. I have faith in him.
  • MiIan
    Jong Ajax lost 7-2 against Jong Utrecht, with Varela in goal. Hope he'll do better against Getafe.
  • alex1987
    Varela made 3 blunders - was a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show
  • MiIan
    Varela made 3 blunders - was a **** show

Just absolutely incredible after watching it back. This is going to be very tricky against Getafe.
  • MiIan
    Ziyech to Chelsea in the summer confirmed.
  • Janoe1
    7753 posts League Winner
    Lovely goal. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game tho
  • MiIan
    edited February 15
    Welcome Antony. Will be our most expensive signing: 20 million.
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain

Wasnt Onana the same at his spell at Jong Ajax?
  • ProHulst0s
    7204 posts Big Money Move

Wasnt Onana the same at his spell at Jong Ajax?

Onana was 18/19 at the time. Varela is 25.
    And I can't remember Onana making so many mistakes in the same game.
  • alex1987
    Onana did have some flukes yeah. Mostly by trying to play football though.
    He occasionally does the same int he 1st team. Remember it against Groningen for example.

Varela isn't a bad goalkeeper at all. But going from Onana to Varela yeah, big decrease in quality.
    We're going to have a tough 2 games.
  • MiIan
    Bye bye Siem - off to FC Cincinatti. Thank god.
  • MiIan
    Traoré starting at strikee, Ziyech at 10 and VdB + Martinez at midfield. Happy to see the best midfield reunited. Traoré is a way better option than having Tadic at striker and risking Eiting at 8 against these Spanish butchers.

A shame that Schuurs is still not fully fit, now Alvarez has to play. Seems so shaky when having the ball, so hopefully he won't fail under the pressure.

Other than that I'm confident of the line-up. Very very curious what tonight will bring.
  • MiIan
    Getafe must be the most frustrating club in the whole of Europe. That Deyverson guy is so incredibly annoying, just absolutely insane how he moans over everything and dives left right and centre
  • Choepiechakie
    What happened after the getafe goal?
  • MiIan
    Getafe is a disgrace for football
  • Choepiechakie

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
  • MiIan

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

It's true though, pure anti-football

Yes, we were absolutely trash. It's 100% our own fault we lost today. But doesn't regret the fact that Getafe is just a disgrace
  • MiIan
    Smh
  • Janoe1
    7753 posts League Winner
    Tragic
  • MiIan
    We are even giving Feyenoord title chances again

Can't wait for Promes and Neres to return
  • Choepiechakie
    Blind back in the line up and thry lose two in a row.
  • MiIan
    edited February 26
    Ziyech got declared injured for tommorow at the press conference. Nico is also suspended tommorow, so going to be a new line-up once more.

Ziyech was essential to have any kins of chance tommorow, because without his creativity we just can't create any good chances.

Edit: at least Promes is back and could possibly start.
    Post edited by MiIan on
  • Choepiechakie
    Blind lmaooo why is he starting.
  • MiIan
    Ontluisterend.
  • iConfueZ
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tactically outplayed by Slot. No answer on the 6-3-1 defensive-formation. Lure players out of position horizontally has no effect with so many players on the (defensive) third line.