Eredivisie Lounge 2018-2019

Comments

• MiIan
    12339 posts Has That Special Something
    Lost our last pre-season friendly against Panathinaikos, not the best way to end it. Good to see though that Ziyech and Onana started training earlier because they couldn't wait.
  • alex1987
    5394 posts Big Money Move
    The game was fkn awful. Promes, Dolberg and Tadic were really really bad.
    Only players that did really good were once again Martinez, Dest and Schuurs.

Panathinaikos had 2 or 3 chances and scored 2. Played without Ziyech, Onana, Neres, Mazraoui and Tagliafico.
    But they might not play against PSV on saturday either.
  • xciljw
    4961 posts National Call-Up
    I would not be suprised if PSV played their reserves in that game, because of the second match vs Basel.
  • alex1987
    They both will probably
  • xciljw
    I actually don't agree with Valentijn Driessen often, but he had a good point earlier. He basically said that the game should be rescheduled to the first week with cup games (in which Ajax and PSV are not playing), so both teams can play their best players.
  • Manutelli
    18395 posts World Class
    alex1987 wrote: »

Panathinaikos had 2 or 3 chances and scored 2. Played without Ziyech, Onana, Neres, Mazraoui and Tagliafico.

Same as against us. Hit us on the break and scored all their chances. We missed a fair share of starters as well. Offensive wise we at least looked a lot more diverse than previous seasons.
  • MiIan

Hmm, weird about Promes and Tadic. Good to see the Nico esque interceptions from Martinez and Blind at 6.
  • Gyan_33
    28273 posts Player of the Year
    I just want some signings man :'(
  • Janoe1
    7368 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 23
    Gonna be an easy win for PSV this.

Nvm
    Post edited by Janoe1 on
  • ProHulst0s
    7051 posts Big Money Move
    PSV smh
  • Gyan_33
    1 game into the new season and I already hate the **** again
  • ProHulst0s
    Psv lmao
  • MiIan
    Two goals in the last 3 minutes, phew.
  • MiIan
    If Lozano and Bergwijn stay, PSV's attacking 4 look very dangerous. Only the defence is the big weak point now.
  • xciljw
    edited July 24
    Defense will be fine though, but PSV is simply gambling they survive this round with this defense. Good defenders are usually not up for grabs this early in a season. So are you buying worse defenders that would be able to play vs Basel or are you waiting longer and gambling for the long term? Unnerstall is still injured so I assume he is replacing Zoet (who is literally not saving anything the last 6 months), when they announce Baumgartl and when Lato gets 100% fit. And maybe Boscagli is replacing Viergever as well?

Goals yesterday were 100% mistakes from Luckassen and Zoet. PSV was so much better than Basel, but with a different type of striker they will need some time to adapt to their new way of attacking compared to having De Jong there. Just hope PSV stays away from Berghuis, as you need a type like Van Ginkel or Vd Beek at 10 to bridge the gap with midfield. Only moment when Berghuis could be interesting is when both Lozano and Bergwijn are leaving.

Gyan_33 wrote: »
    Sebastien Holmen. Joris Mathijsen is listening to you. :wink:
  • alex1987
    xciljw wrote: »
    Defense will be fine though, but PSV is simply gambling they survive this round with this defense. Good defenders are usually not up for grabs this early in a season. So are you buying worse defenders that would be able to play vs Basel or are you waiting longer and gambling for the long term? Unnerstall is still injured so I assume he is replacing Zoet (who is literally not saving anything the last 6 months), when they announce Baumgartl and when Lato gets 100% fit. And maybe Boscagli is replacing Viergever as well?

Goals yesterday were 100% mistakes from Luckassen and Zoet. PSV was so much better than Basel, but with a different type of striker they will need some time to adapt to their new way of attacking compared to having De Jong there. Just hope PSV stays away from Berghuis, as you need a type like Van Ginkel or Vd Beek at 10 to bridge the gap with midfield. Only moment when Berghuis could be interesting is when both Lozano and Bergwijn are leaving.

Ehh, that was completely Lato's misstake. He was covering the wrong side of the post mate.
  • Manutelli
    18395 posts World Class
    PSV their attack look brilliant, creative, dynamic and very fast. Looks like the best attack in the league if it stays like this.
  • alex1987
    Manutelli wrote: »
    PSV their attack look brilliant, creative, dynamic and very fast. Looks like the best attack in the league if it stays like this.

Bait
  • Janoe1
    7368 posts Big Money Move

Ehh, that was completely Lato's misstake. He was covering the wrong side of the post mate.

Sadilek
  • MiIan
    Baumgartl and Boscagli are still pretty mediocre signings on paper. All talents who didn't fullfilled their full potential.
  • Gyan_33

Do you mean Angelino's brother?

holmen.jpg
  • xciljw
    Hahaha if he is as good as Angelino you will be a happy man.
  • NornIron
    11064 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone ever heard of Elvio van Overbeek he's on trial at Irish league club Glentoran bare in mind it's Semi pro level he should be decent shouldn't he?
  • Gyan_33
    NornIron wrote: »
    Anyone ever heard of Elvio van Overbeek he's on trial at Irish league club Glentoran bare in mind it's Semi pro level he should be decent shouldn't he?

lmao he was in the same car as me multiple times when I had my driving lessons. Was convinced he would make it to the PSV first team at the time. Guess that didn't work out for him.

He's played 140 games in the Dutch 2nd division tbf so he's probably a good shout for that level.
  • MiIan
    Why wasn't he even following Feyenoord in the first place? :D
  • xciljw
    MiIan wrote: »
    Why wasn't he even following Feyenoord in the first place? :D

Same with Leroy Fer haha, only started following them recently too.

Disasterclass from Utrecht btw.. yawn.
  • ProHulst0s
    edited July 25
    Utrecht’s new left back is total ****
  • ProHulst0s
    Classic european night

Both Dutch teams can’t beat their opponent at home.