Eredivisie Lounge 2018-2019

Comments

  • MiIan
    12326 posts Has That Special Something
    Alvarez is an option for RB though, I heard.
  • ProHulst0s
    7047 posts Big Money Move
    alex1987 wrote: »
    So, yesterday we beat Watford 2-1.
    Things that stood out to me were
    - Schuurs was really good again
    - Dest is our new right back. Has everything, speed, technique. dribbles and a good tackle. Will need to grow in physique but he's 18
    - Gravenberch made his comeback, was a little careless. Reminds me of Bazoer.
    MiIan wrote: »
    MiIan wrote: »
    Nice to see that Perr Schuurs is performing well and he is feeling great too. Hope he can impress this season.

    Same but if Alvarez is coming, I'm afraid that will be the end of any serious playing time for Schuurs.

    Not at all. No one knows how Alvarez will play, plus if Veltman leaves Alvarez might drop to RB sometimes and Schuurs could get his minutes. Also on the verge of starting against PSV if Alvarez doesn't join quickly. But hopefully next year he'll be fully ready from minute 1.

    Alvarez is not a right back. If Veltman is leaving it's Mazraoui and Dest for the right back position.
    Mexico plays Alvarez as "6", his America coach also thinks he is more of a 6 than a center back.

    The JC line up will probably be
    Varela
    Veltman - Schuurs - Blind - Martinez
    Schone(Eiting) - Marin - vd Beek
    Tadic - Dolberg - Promes

    Gonna have to disagree with Dest.
    He most certainly doesn’t have everything. He has always been good attacking wise, but he’s a liability defensively. He needs to improve alot when it comes to his defensive abilities, and hopefully he does this year.
  • alex1987
    5382 posts Big Money Move
    ProHulst0s wrote: »
    alex1987 wrote: »
    So, yesterday we beat Watford 2-1.
    Things that stood out to me were
    - Schuurs was really good again
    - Dest is our new right back. Has everything, speed, technique. dribbles and a good tackle. Will need to grow in physique but he's 18
    - Gravenberch made his comeback, was a little careless. Reminds me of Bazoer.
    MiIan wrote: »
    MiIan wrote: »
    Nice to see that Perr Schuurs is performing well and he is feeling great too. Hope he can impress this season.

    Same but if Alvarez is coming, I'm afraid that will be the end of any serious playing time for Schuurs.

    Not at all. No one knows how Alvarez will play, plus if Veltman leaves Alvarez might drop to RB sometimes and Schuurs could get his minutes. Also on the verge of starting against PSV if Alvarez doesn't join quickly. But hopefully next year he'll be fully ready from minute 1.

    Alvarez is not a right back. If Veltman is leaving it's Mazraoui and Dest for the right back position.
    Mexico plays Alvarez as "6", his America coach also thinks he is more of a 6 than a center back.

    The JC line up will probably be
    Varela
    Veltman - Schuurs - Blind - Martinez
    Schone(Eiting) - Marin - vd Beek
    Tadic - Dolberg - Promes

    Gonna have to disagree with Dest.
    He most certainly doesn’t have everything. He has always been good attacking wise, but he’s a liability defensively. He needs to improve alot when it comes to his defensive abilities, and hopefully he does this year.

    That's why i mentioned his physique. But in the games against Istanbul & Watford he was, to me, one of the best players on the field.
  • Gyan_33
    28244 posts Player of the Year
    Apparently Ramselaar and Büttner are on their way to Willem II, interesting.
  • ProHulst0s
    7047 posts Big Money Move
    alex1987 wrote: »
    ProHulst0s wrote: »
    alex1987 wrote: »
    So, yesterday we beat Watford 2-1.
    Things that stood out to me were
    - Schuurs was really good again
    - Dest is our new right back. Has everything, speed, technique. dribbles and a good tackle. Will need to grow in physique but he's 18
    - Gravenberch made his comeback, was a little careless. Reminds me of Bazoer.
    MiIan wrote: »
    MiIan wrote: »
    Nice to see that Perr Schuurs is performing well and he is feeling great too. Hope he can impress this season.

    Same but if Alvarez is coming, I'm afraid that will be the end of any serious playing time for Schuurs.

    Not at all. No one knows how Alvarez will play, plus if Veltman leaves Alvarez might drop to RB sometimes and Schuurs could get his minutes. Also on the verge of starting against PSV if Alvarez doesn't join quickly. But hopefully next year he'll be fully ready from minute 1.

    Alvarez is not a right back. If Veltman is leaving it's Mazraoui and Dest for the right back position.
    Mexico plays Alvarez as "6", his America coach also thinks he is more of a 6 than a center back.

    The JC line up will probably be
    Varela
    Veltman - Schuurs - Blind - Martinez
    Schone(Eiting) - Marin - vd Beek
    Tadic - Dolberg - Promes

    Gonna have to disagree with Dest.
    He most certainly doesn’t have everything. He has always been good attacking wise, but he’s a liability defensively. He needs to improve alot when it comes to his defensive abilities, and hopefully he does this year.

    That's why i mentioned his physique. But in the games against Istanbul & Watford he was, to me, one of the best players on the field.

    It isn't just his physique. It's everything about his defensive skills. I'm talking about knowing when to tackle and when not to, marking, intercepting balls, etc.

    Now if we're playing against teams at the bottom of the league, we would be constantly attacking so it won't matter. But the second we are playing a dangerous against a somewhat capable left winger, he's just not good enough.

    That's why I hope he makes huge steps this year and he'll maybe be our right back next season.
  • xciljw
    4961 posts National Call-Up
    MiIan wrote: »
    Alvarez is an option for RB though, I heard.

    You would not want him in midfield or rightback, though he could play there in Mexico. Only fits 1 position in the Ajax playstyle which is CB.
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    Apparently Ramselaar and Büttner are on their way to Willem II, interesting.

    Ramselaar's agent is saying these rumours are false.
  • alex1987
    5382 posts Big Money Move
    xciljw wrote: »
    MiIan wrote: »
    Alvarez is an option for RB though, I heard.

    You would not want him in midfield or rightback, though he could play there in Mexico. Only fits 1 position in the Ajax playstyle which is CB.
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    Apparently Ramselaar and Büttner are on their way to Willem II, interesting.

    Ramselaar's agent is saying these rumours are false.

    Both his trainers in Mexico think he is more of a defensive mid than a defender.
    However i do think he suits Ajax's playstyle better as defender.

    Rasmus Kristensen sold to Red Bull Salzburg.
  • ProHulst0s
    7047 posts Big Money Move
    Good for Kristensen. Hopefully we'll get a couple million for him
  • xciljw
    4961 posts National Call-Up
    I have watched him quite a bit. As a CDM he is one that drops in between the CBs all the time and functions like another CB. When you only see his passing maps as a CDM you are probably shocked. They are all going back to the CBs or going sideways, but makes sense when you realize that he is playing like another CB from there. What he does well as CDM is the transmission from ball possession to defending and the other way around. For Ajax he lacks a bit of on the ball quality as well for a midfielder. He is alright on the ball, but sometimes a little inconsistent with it. Also the reason I would not let him play rightback. As CB he is an amazing signing for you gus though, 100%.
  • MiIan
    12326 posts Has That Special Something
    Good for Kristensen that he moves on, and not even that bad of a team. The guy has a good cross, hopefully he can be the RWB he wants to be at Salzburg.
  • ProHulst0s
    7047 posts Big Money Move
    ProHulst0s wrote: »
    Good for Kristensen. Hopefully we'll get a couple million for him

    5+ million, amazing deal
  • Janoe1
    7367 posts Big Money Move
    Ajax n America agreed on Alverez
  • Robinflex
    1846 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gyan_33 wrote: »

    If only they did some research...
  • ProHulst0s
    7047 posts Big Money Move
    "And after De Ligt joined Juventus in a £67.5 million deal, Ajax are almost definitely not going to splash big money on a replacement centre-back."

    5 hours later........

    Ajax sign Alvarez :joy:
  • ProHulst0s
    7047 posts Big Money Move
    For real though, Schuurs has impressed me so far last couple friendlies. I do think he can be of value in the near future.
  • Carlos181
    3769 posts National Call-Up
    Janoe1 wrote: »
    Ajax n America agreed on Alverez

    RIP Social media accounts.
  • MiIan
    12326 posts Has That Special Something
    Let's hope Alvarez will be here shortly so that he can prepare for the JC schaal.
  • MiIan
    12326 posts Has That Special Something
    Was easy for Kristensen to make his transfer as well since they already were in Austria. :D
  • MiIan
    12326 posts Has That Special Something
    Such a shame how Maarten Stekelenburg's career went after all. Had an amazing world cup, but all went downhill when he left us. Now he's just silently still training at Everton and getting no playing time for a few years. Can't understand why you would do it there, would've gone back to Holland if I was him.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13032 posts Has That Special Something
    MiIan wrote: »
    Such a shame how Maarten Stekelenburg's career went after all. Had an amazing world cup, but all went downhill when he left us. Now he's just silently still training at Everton and getting no playing time for a few years. Can't understand why you would do it there, would've gone back to Holland if I was him.

    boatloads of monay
  • alex1987
    5382 posts Big Money Move
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Janoe1 wrote: »
    Ajax n America agreed on Alverez

    RIP Social media accounts.

    Whats with all the llegamos putos pics everywhere
  • Carlos181
    3769 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 21
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Janoe1 wrote: »
    Ajax n America agreed on Alverez

    RIP Social media accounts.

    Whats with all the llegamos putos pics everywhere
    It means, “We’re here ****!”

    They do that anytime a Mexican player goes abroad. Lots and lots of meme’s to come, or angry reactions (jokingly ofc) if Alvarez doesn’t start a match.
  • alex1987
    5382 posts Big Money Move
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Janoe1 wrote: »
    Ajax n America agreed on Alverez

    RIP Social media accounts.

    Whats with all the llegamos putos pics everywhere
    It means, “We’re here ****!”

    They do that anytime a Mexican player goes abroad. Lots and lots of meme’s to come, or angry reactions (jokingly ofc) if Alvarez doesn’t start a match.

    Ah thought it was like people hating on an America player or something.
    I'm excited to see him play. How is he known in Mexico?
  • Janoe1
    7367 posts Big Money Move
    Paok again
  • Janoe1
    7367 posts Big Money Move
    Psv against Lask Linz if they beat Basel
  • alex1987
    5382 posts Big Money Move
    Janoe1 wrote: »
    Paok again

    Won the league without losing and 24 points clear of AEK and 44 points clear of Panathinaikos.
    Should be doable though.
  • MiIan
    12326 posts Has That Special Something
    Amazing movie on Twitter from our social media team again. To introduce the Mexicans to Ajax after the social media spam. :D
  • alex1987
    5382 posts Big Money Move
    Ajax social media team with another win!

  • Janoe1
    7367 posts Big Money Move
    alex1987 wrote: »
    Ajax social media team with another win!

    MiIan wrote: »
    Amazing movie on Twitter from our social media team again. To introduce the Mexicans to Ajax after the social media spam. :D

    They are too good
Sign In or Register to comment.