Eredivisie Lounge 2018-2019

Comments

• MiIan
    12323 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 16
    Looks like our squad is ready now, even when Veltman would leave. Only thing is not everyone being back from vacation is just a huge disadvantage.

I'm still debating whether I want Neres to stay. I love the guy and he has something to add to us, but last year he wasn't even that good in the competition. And when you can cash 40/50 million for him while having a direct replacement in the form of Promes for much cheaper, I'm not sure if I would say no to that. With Tadic and Noa Lang as options on the wing when Promes or Ziyech would be tired or injured, we're more than covered.
  • alex1987
    5377 posts Big Money Move
    I'm pretty sure, if Neres is being sold, Bergwijn will be bought.
  • Manutelli
    18384 posts World Class
    But do you want to pay at least 40 million for Bergwijn?
  • alex1987
    To be fair - when you're able to sell Neres for 50-60 mil, yeah i wouldn't mind.

Selling De Ligt, De Jong and Neres for a total combined of 200 mil.
    Spending 15 on Alvarez, 40 on Bergwijn and 15 on Promes doesn't seem all to bad to me. Rather spend more on Bergwijn than buy another foreign playre for 20+
  • MiIan
    Haller being sold for 50 million to West Ham. Crazy market.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13025 posts Has That Special Something
    alex1987 wrote: »
    To be fair - when you're able to sell Neres for 50-60 mil, yeah i wouldn't mind.

Spending 15 on Alvarez, 40 on Bergwijn and 15 on Promes doesn't seem all to bad to me. Rather spend more on Bergwijn than buy another foreign playre for 20+

I really don’t care if a player is foreign or Dutch. I actually prefer seeing a mixed Ajax team rather than all Dutch players
  • Robinflex
    1844 posts Fans' Favourite
    Neres is overrated, as is Bergwijn.

Strange there’s no interest in Ziyech...
  • alex1987

I really don’t care if a player is foreign or Dutch. I actually prefer seeing a mixed Ajax team rather than all Dutch players

I do. I don't want to lose the complete identity.
    Ajax stands for youth and Dutch players. And it should stay like that.
    But when we do not have a certain player or when there's a big opportunity you should take it.
  • lucas
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    Robinflex wrote: »
    Neres is overrated, as is Bergwijn.

Strange there’s no interest in Ziyech...

Yeah, feel bad for him. Wouldn’t even blame him for forcing a move
  • ProHulst0s
    7041 posts Big Money Move
    The story of young players leaving to early continues.

Redan left Chelsea for Hertha :joy:
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    ProHulst0s wrote: »

Isn’t that the same club that Dilrosun plays for?
  • ProHulst0s
    7041 posts Big Money Move
    ProHulst0s wrote: »

Isn’t that the same club that Dilrosun plays for?

Yep. Rekik also plays there (who also left at a young age for Man City)
  • alex1987
    Feyenoord list the general director. Didn't see that one coming.
    Juve fans chanting Mino Raiola's name :lol:
  • Manutelli
    18384 posts World Class
    Jan de Jong was against the current plan for Feyenoord City but the majority in the board is pro Feyenoord City. No clue why they are not against it, oh wait they are gaining from it. However he couldn't do much on his own and doesn't want the blame for the project. Which could take our club into a worse situation than we were in the period where we had to sell Wijnaldum and Fer to PSV and Twente.

I'm pro new stadium but against the current project.
  • Gyan_33
    28211 posts Player of the Year
    Crowley off to Birmingham :'(
  • Manutelli
    18384 posts World Class
    If we are going into the league with this defense :joy:

St Juste centrally next to Van Beek and get a RB. This is just suicide. We are going to get shafted on every single counter attack this way.

Larsson - Jorgensen - Berghuis
    Kokcu - Fer
    Kelly (even though I'm not convinced about him)
    Haps - Van Beek - St Juste - ?
    Bijlow

Would be the best set up with the current players. Perhaps Tapia over Kelly.
  • MiIan
    Gotta love Bruno Varela. The guy has so much energy and a very positive vibe. Although he was playing for us for only a few weeks, he always partied his **** off when we won in the CL and the title. Labyad can for an example really learn from that. Bruno also was pretty solid in pre-season games so far and is just a great addition in the dressing room.

Now let's see how he really performs since it looks like he'll play the JC Schaal. Onana, Nico, Ziyech, Neres and Nous will all probably not play because of the crazy schedule. Just crazy.
  • Janoe1
    7362 posts Big Money Move
    75m spread over 5 years for MdL
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    Janoe1 wrote: »

what a terrible deal
  • Manutelli
    18384 posts World Class
    You don't need the money right now so who cares.
  • MiIan
    His goodbye interview is great, even a little emotional at the end. What a great guy and I wish him all the best.
  • MiIan
    Manutelli wrote: »
    You don't need the money right now so who cares.

True.
  • Robinflex

Should’ve been 90 mil upfront.
  • Gyan_33
    28211 posts Player of the Year
    Be happy, we can't even get 1 mil for Crowley
  • alex1987

Disagree. Agreements were made with De Ligt. The deal is good as it is.
    Spread payments is something that is done most of the times. Ajax does the same when buying. Plus you're not in need of the payment right now.

JC Schaal will be played by 2 half reserve teams. PSV won't play the strongest squad either.
  • Robinflex

Disagree. Agreements were made with De Ligt. The deal is good as it is.
    Spread payments is something that is done most of the times. Ajax does the same when buying. Plus you're not in need of the payment right now.

JC Schaal will be played by 2 half reserve teams. PSV won't play the strongest squad either.

Well if there have been agreements made then that’s cool, 75M isn’t that much tho
  • MiIan
    Nice to see that Perr Schuurs is performing well and he is feeling great too. Hope he can impress this season.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    MiIan wrote: »
    Nice to see that Perr Schuurs is performing well and he is feeling great too. Hope he can impress this season.

Same but if Alvarez is coming, I'm afraid that will be the end of any serious playing time for Schuurs.
  • MiIan

Same but if Alvarez is coming, I'm afraid that will be the end of any serious playing time for Schuurs.

Not at all. No one knows how Alvarez will play, plus if Veltman leaves Alvarez might drop to RB sometimes and Schuurs could get his minutes. Also on the verge of starting against PSV if Alvarez doesn't join quickly. But hopefully next year he'll be fully ready from minute 1.
  • alex1987
    edited July 19
    So, yesterday we beat Watford 2-1.
    Things that stood out to me were
    - Schuurs was really good again
    - Dest is our new right back. Has everything, speed, technique. dribbles and a good tackle. Will need to grow in physique but he's 18
    - Gravenberch made his comeback, was a little careless. Reminds me of Bazoer.

Not at all. No one knows how Alvarez will play, plus if Veltman leaves Alvarez might drop to RB sometimes and Schuurs could get his minutes. Also on the verge of starting against PSV if Alvarez doesn't join quickly. But hopefully next year he'll be fully ready from minute 1.

Alvarez is not a right back. If Veltman is leaving it's Mazraoui and Dest for the right back position.
    Mexico plays Alvarez as "6", his America coach also thinks he is more of a 6 than a center back.

The JC line up will probably be
    Varela
    Veltman - Schuurs - Blind - Martinez
    Schone(Eiting) - Marin - vd Beek
    Tadic - Dolberg - Promes