THE FUT 19 DISCARD IF TRADING THREAD

Comments

• EisenErmin
    5337 posts Big Money Move
    SbcBoy wrote: »
    Prices of informs have shot up. Ben foster is 37k now. I sold to early. People still making profit with this method?

Grimaldo alone made me 1 million during TOTY. Whenever a SBC requires some IF you are 100% certain to make a profit if you bought cheap IF cards. Always! If you are lucky and picked the right player (like Lindelöf who could be bought at 13K and flew up to 30K because of Ibra SBC) you make a fortune.
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    SbcBoy wrote: »
    Prices of informs have shot up. Ben foster is 37k now. I sold to early. People still making profit with this method?

I made a fortune with all my prem IF's

got stuck with some longer than i hoped (Mooy & Hernandez) but they came good in the end.

Got a load a Gotze i picked up for <19k, might hang on to see what the BundesLiga potm comes up with.
  • Pikandel
    1062 posts Professional
    edited January 15
    Hi! I’m new here.
    Trying to trade my way to Gullit.
    I now have:
    - 10 Militao’s (10750 each)
    - 7 Richarlison OTW (about 24k each)
    - 50 NIF Williams’ (about 1100 each because I think he will get an IF)

Hoping for some more liquid to invest more.
    Post edited by Pikandel on
  • reidabalda
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any ideas for investment for this week or next week?
  • Pikandel
    1062 posts Professional
    reidabalda wrote: »
    Any ideas for investment for this week or next week?

If the Futbin predictions are right, I think Cleverly IF and Zouma IF are good investments.
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’d go easy on this weeks totw people, unless prices are 2 good to turn down.

Unknow promo coming Friday, obviously it’s not linked to this totw but could be promo packs or some sort of sbc’s
  • Pikandel
    1062 posts Professional
    Is Declan Rice a good investment? Or is he too low rated?
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reus IF's will crash again now they are not needed, he'll be getting a upgrade i'd guess so they will back up in the hype for that?
  • Pikandel
    1062 posts Professional
    Will Schar and Jota rise?
  • russfred
    486 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pikandel wrote: »

Yes, they will slowly start to rise, jota should rise to around 24/25k within a week or so
  • Pikandel
    1062 posts Professional
    Pikandel wrote: »

Yes, they will slowly start to rise, jota should rise to around 24/25k within a week or so

Will they rise more when POTM SBC comes out?
  • Pikandel
    1062 posts Professional
    Why is it so quiet in here? Who's got some IF's lined up for friday?
    I've got:
    7x Schar 81
    7x Jota 82
    7x Joan Jordan 84
    7x Quagliarella 85
  • Xguti002
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thought this thread was dead lol. I personally stopped trading informs for now but its a sure money maker
  • Rossco160715
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s not making me as much as it was but it’s still doing fine.

Schar and Deeney still on my tradepile.
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've slowed down as prices are a little higher than i like to pay and i'm losing interest in the game.

Last big payday was Juanfran and before that i made a fortune off Gotze.

Cleaned up selling all my OTW's early as well.
  • iRusty_yo
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve moved on from discards personally, been flipping older totw cards and making smaller amount of profits but more consistently.
  • Tommygunn
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    I’m staying clear currently prices been too inflated for me to be comfortable
  • Zv1k0
    5792 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah I don't do this anymore either. It takes too long to make any profit now because IFs are needed all the time, so they are high all the time. You have to be lucky with someone like Lindelof that is required for some Flashback SBC or something.
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    To put current prices into perspective, when i was buying Gotze a few weeks ago i was paying 18k max for a 84 rated with good league and nation (all sold for 37k), until prices get back down near those prices, as mentioned in the above post it's more risk and you basically have to get lucky
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    This week looks more promising, putting 1 mil into Pena and will go in on Fabregas if the price is right
  • hiya
    1494 posts Professional
    if half price packs come out its a bit early at the moment isnt it?
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 7
    hiya wrote: »
    if half price packs come out its a bit early at the moment isnt it?

I'm risking it with Pena, if a sbc drops and no half price packs tomorrow he could shoot up.

Pena is 13k now, that's not a bad price for a Spanish RB there is 100% coins in that right now but obviously if you can get him for discard it's better. I might end up over paying by a couple of k but can see him hitting 20k easy enough.

Edit : can snipe him for 11/12k right now, good enough for me
  • Tommygunn
    Dropped two mill into fabregas. May be too soon but I was bored
  • Tommygunn
    I got shot of the fabregas for 5-6k per card in the rashford panic there. Was a bit worried tonight they might do a pack promo
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 11
    So my Pena theory worked out well!

Had 80 at 12.5k max just sold them all for 23.5k each

Hopefully a couple of you got on it
  • Tommygunn
    23k for an 81 rated Spanish RB. God bless you Futbin and lazy buyers 😂
  • Epasc1
    64 posts Park Captain
    KRANG00 wrote: »

Well done, that's some insane profit!

I've got 570k, is it wise investing in discard IFs? I can upgrade my team with it but I'd rather try and make more, considering higher rated icons are coming out.
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero
    Epasc1 wrote: »

I've got 570k, is it wise investing in discard IFs? I can upgrade my team with it but I'd rather try and make more, considering higher rated icons are coming out.

Discard IF are the safest way to invest you literally can’t lose, doesn’t always work out as quick as it did with this one.

I wouldn’t specifically invest in something to do with icon sbc’s after what EA have just announced these upgraded icons.
  • Epasc1
    64 posts Park Captain

Discard IF are the safest way to invest you literally can’t lose, doesn’t always work out as quick as it did with this one.

I wouldn’t specifically invest in something to do with icon sbc’s after what EA have just announced these upgraded icons.

Thanks for the info! I'll see what TOTW pulls up, do all discards generally rise in price over time?
  • KRANG00
    1695 posts Play-Off Hero

Thanks for the info! I'll see what TOTW pulls up, do all discards generally rise in price over time?

Yep, some better than others but they all rise eventually

Be careful of inflated prices when sbc's are on, you might think you are getting a good deal buying the lowest IF but it might already be inflated.