FIFA 19 new feature - Pack Weights

DeMolay145
539 posts An Exciting Prospect
https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2018/fifa-19-pack-probabilities

IMO, it's a bad attempt at getting out of the gambling labels. It is still gambling and it will encourage people to spend FP even further, specially if he or she has no knowledge on probabilities.

Comments

• Demon_reborn
    2709 posts Fans' Favourite
    i knew the odds were bad but not that bad. any game based on probability with money involved is gambling.
  • Just_Unfair
    4183 posts National Call-Up
    I'm glad they added this...will deff make people think twice about adding that second round if FP after they didn't pack anyone over 20k the first go round
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    Nothing changes with this. They still can manipulate the odds if they want. And WTH is 3.5% anyway lol. We need packs that shows 100% of packing a 88rated not 50/10/3,5%. Like we didnt know yet that the odds of packing a 75 rated was 100% :lol:
  • ukler8
    4763 posts National Call-Up
    i knew the odds were bad but not that bad. any game based on probability with money involved is gambling.

Do not start this ffs :joy:
  • Tommygunn
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    Problem is they’ll just load up loads of Kroos etc so the big ones you do get aren’t worth as much as a ronaldo etc. I think if you spend money and expect to get a return it’s foolish. Like playing the lottery and being mad when you don’t get any numbers up
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    Problem is they’ll just load up loads of Kroos etc so the big ones you do get aren’t worth as much as a ronaldo etc. I think if you spend money and expect to get a return it’s foolish. Like playing the lottery and being mad when you don’t get any numbers up

This aint the lottery, its a bloody GAME lol
  • leon1309
    4210 posts National Call-Up
    Tommygunn wrote: »

Problems is they (EA) claim it is nothing like that. I am absolutely on the side of strickter EU regulation here.
  • Tommygunn
    I don’t get it. If you don’t like it don’t spend money. All you folks who cry about this will end up getting it taken away the game and then it’ll be the same lot crying about the game isn’t the same anymore.

Don’t spend real money on it then you’ve got nothing to lose
  • Low Ki
    12307 posts Has That Special Something
    Those odds don't mean anything considering how they purposely adjusted certain >82's to be way less common (Martial and Jesus) than others while guys like Harit literally appear every 2nd pack. Most common example with the higher rated ones is how often Dost floats up above the rest. Or all the 84 rated GK's that get pulled compared to 84+ rated outfield players.

Basically they released the most vague possible numbers they could so they can still keep the shady stuff behind the curtain. Every card should be broken down with what category they call under and what probability you have for pulling off that rating. It's still a glorified lottery system, it's definitely not clearer and remains as transparent as a painted over window.

And lets be honest, the majority of players pumping cash in this football themed slot machine is kids who fall asleep when you start mentioning numbers and prefer to watch pack opening video's on Youtube as their inspiration.

This line in the article is the most blatant lie ever from this company though:
    Pack probabilities in FIFA 19 are calculated by simulating the opening of a very large number of packs, for each pack in the Store.

The probabilities are literally programmed into the game specifically how the company wants them to be. "simulating the opening of a very large number of packs" as if they don't know and trial and error it themselves :lol:
  • Clancy
    8457 posts League Winner
    Did anyone catch this line "Because the probability may change throughout the season, you always have the ability to check the Pack Probabilities screen before purchasing a pack"

Wow, I was always dubious when people said "pack weight is high right now" or "they turned down pack weights" but this is basically copping to the fact that they change probabilities of these packs.

❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Tommygunn
    Clancy wrote: »
    Did anyone catch this line "Because the probability may change throughout the season, you always have the ability to check the Pack Probabilities screen before purchasing a pack"

Wow, I was always dubious when people said "pack weight is high right now" or "they turned down pack weights" but this is basically copping to the fact that they change probabilities of these packs.

❤️❤️❤️❤️.

On the contrary the packweights were outrageously high about a month ago when they rereleased tots etc cards
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Clancy wrote: »

❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Yeah i noticed that too , will be interesting to track the pack weights