Player career mode needs a MAJOR upgrade

ChrisW1991
915 posts Semi-Pro
edited September 2018
So for me, player career mode is a big part of my gameplay during Fifa titles.. Unfortunately its now got to a point where this mode is very out of date with authenticity.. Major upgrades are needed, especially after the Journey mode finishes this year.

Firstly to start off, the edit mode is terrible.. It feels like the customisation belongs on the old gen its that bad!

We need brand new and realistic options which includes:
New hairstyles
New Beard styles
Tattoos

The journey has these so why can't they transfer some of them over to player career mode??

When wanting to create myself, I have a big beard so when I see the beard options it just absolutely ruins it.. They are pathetic, surely by now we should be able to have big beards on our pro?

Also we need alot of new features in player career.

Player contract - have a contract so you can negotiate salary, bonuses and length of the contract.. Then when that is expiring the club your at can offer you a new deal or you might choose to reject it then negotiate with a new club once your contact expires.

Player interviews :
If you win the man of the match award, at the end of the game just like the journey it let's you give an interview.
Winning personal awards like player of the month or player of the year, you could give interviews to the media about the winning the award.

International call ups.
Again giving interviews on your excitement on being called up ect.

Captain your club and country:
Make this possible lol being able to be rewarded for your form and influence on your team by being named captain, even make it where you have to assign a leader trait on your pro for this to be possible.

Sub:
If we're working our way into a team, in need of a rest or just a rotation of your team, let the manager be able to name you on the bench rather than always starting.

Cut scenes :
So for example before the match starts it shows your player in the dressing room about to head out into the tunnel then walk out onto the pitch.
Cut scenes when winning awards.
Cut scenes when signing for a club both for loans and permanents, even a press conference being introduced to the fans and media.

Also positions:
We can choose to be a CAM or a CDM but not a CM.. This needs sorting!

There's so much potential in this mode! Hopefully it eventually gets the attention it needs because theres nothing better in a football game than creating yourself and playing for the club you support having a career with them or being one of the worlds best players.

Comments

• ChrisW1991
    915 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    Maybe even later in this Fifa 19, with the November update.. To the downloadable content bit give us new player hairstyle and beard packs for player career mode? Even if they charged us, for example £1.99 a pack, I'd happily do that to get new hair and beard styles @EA_Andy I'm sure other people would too who play pro clubs or player career
  • Kasa
    63 posts Park Captain
    I really hope journey features are implemented
  • Kasa wrote: »
    I really hope journey features are implemented

Yeah me too, don't see why they can't be.. Player career mode has so much potential as does manager career mode
  • ChrisW1991
    915 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    Post edited by ChrisW1991 on
  • Fabioselotti
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2018
    Also we can be setting, our face and all physical properties in manager career, it's have in PES
  • We also need better AI so sick of every team playing the same.

And more sliders.... NHL added foul sliders for AI a few years ago where are they are fifa ffs
  • ChrisW1991 wrote: »

Also positions:

There's so much potential in this mode! Hopefully it eventually gets the attention it needs because theres nothing better in a football game than creating yourself and playing for the club you support having a career with them or being one of the worlds best players.

THIS. Been like this for over five years now. You cannot select RW or LW either. Such a minor issue that EA ignore every single year.
    May I add setting up a custom tournament is annoying as hell. Takes forever selecting teams. That needs an overhaul.
  • RGE2407 wrote: »
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »

Also positions:

THIS. Been like this for over five years now. You cannot select RW or LW either. Such a minor issue that EA ignore every single year.
    May I add setting up a custom tournament is annoying as hell. Takes forever selecting teams. That needs an overhaul.

Yeah simple changes like that needed yet they don't even bother to do it.. PES let's you choose to be RW, LW or CM so I'm baffled why fifa still don't
  • The player career is a joke. Play 3 seasons and you will be the most exspensive player in the world! Make it more realistic! Allso, please add contracts to the game! It's really poor!! Not a single thing has changed for years! EA is only paying attention to FUT, because thats where they make the money, sad :(
    RGE2407 wrote: »
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »

Also positions:

Yeah simple changes like that needed yet they don't even bother to do it.. PES let's you choose to be RW, LW or CM so I'm baffled why fifa still don't

EA should have long changed RF/LF to RW/LW. Also second, third, even fourth positions/options were available on the old Creation Centre website.
  • Also speaking on what you said about hair styles, it is loooong due for an update. I'm black, and their "Afro" hairstyles are complete trash. I mean afro, giant afro, and cornrows!? These are almost non existent in 2018!!
  • Hello guys. That´s my first time on Fifa Forum.
    The EA employees usually interact with us?

"Yeah simple changes like that needed yet they don't even bother to do it.. PES let's you choose to be RW, LW or CM so I'm baffled why fifa still don't"

For 5 years i´m waiting for this..
  • Player Career is still broken. I am happy that they are finally allowing us to train strength and sprint speed, but the constant "stay in position" warnings have become even worse, especially if you play as a midfielder. As a box-to-box CAM I am expected for some weird reason to mark the opposition winger throughout the game, and I can barely get close to the opposition penalty box without getting constant -2s for being out of position.

They won't answer - never do. Only take the plaudits.
  • L4r14m
    63 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2018
    Yes: beards and tattoos would be sweet.

My biggest issue with the player career, though, is that many of the accomplishments do not work as they should. Makes it impossible to build someone with a good jumping skill, for instance.

As for LW and RW, you could play these roles at least in 18. Just pick a midfielder with the winger specification, and stick with teams that deploy players in RW/LW roles.
  • L4r14m
    63 posts Park Captain
    Also: ”Yay!” for warming the bench, at times!
  • Just bumping this up.. Hope to see improvements in fifa 20, PES be a legend mode compared to fifa's player career is on a different level unfortunately
  • Moojammin_10
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Nicolai86 wrote: »
    The player career is a joke. Play 3 seasons and you will be the most exspensive player in the world! Make it more realistic! Allso, please add contracts to the game! It's really poor!! Not a single thing has changed for years! EA is only paying attention to FUT, because thats where they make the money, sad :(

Totally agree. It's wrong EA have such a monopoly on the rights. Let them have their FUT online mode and give rights to make a proper career based football game to someone else if they don't want to.

I am pretty sure all of us could make a more immersive career experience given the resources.
  • AngelDaGreat28
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 25
    I mean to make it a little bit realistic they also should give the “Top Players” a number at least decent because In my career mode Neymar plays in Man City with the dorsal 45 😂
  • @EA_Andy play NBA 2k19 my player career, pass it on to the devs what you see.. Thanks