EA released pack weights

BWild
3119 posts National Call-Up
Genuinely shocked that they released that info. Belgium must have gotten to them.

Comments

• RebelRob
    4446 posts National Call-Up
    4.5% is higher than I expected tbh! :D

Still appalling, but wow.
  • BWild
    So, if 84+ is 4.5%, a walkout has to be <1%, right?
  • M98H
    12052 posts Has That Special Something
    Ridiculous
  • Choepiechakie
    30352 posts National Team Captain
    Lul
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not bad
  • Dan is Clutch
    23294 posts Club Captain
    I don't know what people were expecting with this. Loads of people seemed so happy this was a thing in FIFA 19, but i don't get why, we all know packs are bad anyway.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25977 posts Player of the Year
    BWild wrote: »
    So, if 84+ is 4.5%, a walkout has to be <1%, right?

Yeah, and icon will be minuscule.
  • Whoman
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    There is no way that is accurate (and/or still that way in full version), specifically the 20% for an 82+ player. Anybody who has put a decent amount of coins into WC mode can vouch for that ...
  • Uberman
    15716 posts World Class
    Based on the amount of 7.5s i ripped last year. These pack odds seem to be improved a fair bit compared to last fifa
  • EddieFicio
    19551 posts World Class
    Anyone familiar with MMORPGs will know that drop rates like these are basically the norm. You either commit a lot of time grinding or a lot of money buying packs/crates/making donations or whatever.

I've seen drops as low as 0.001% for the top tier items in other games, no doubt icons/high end totws and nifs have similar drop rates.
  • BWild
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with MMORPGs will know that drop rates like these are basically the norm. You either commit a lot of time grinding or a lot of money buying packs/crates/making donations or whatever.

I've seen drops as low as 0.001% for the top tier items in other games, no doubt icons/high end totws and nifs have similar drop rates.

*WoW player*

I'm all too familiar with the odds of getting specific mounts to drop.
  • Moiizer
    5200 posts Big Money Move
    Love this :lol:

DnUZq5pUcAA2OZQ.jpg:large

• SupaNoodle1990
    Nice and vague.
  • mjs4p
    10857 posts Has That Special Something
    This was my favorite (from the release)! :D

“If you flip a coin three times and get heads each time, you still have a 50% chance of getting heads if you flip the coin again.”
  • RebelRob
    4446 posts National Call-Up
    Also, we have to consider the amount of 84+ cards that are 84 rated must be circa 75%, so how does the odds increase for 85, 86, 87 etc? And IF’s? Does that include special cards as technically they’re ‘gold’ cards, but are the odds for an 84 rated base player the same as when he has an IF that’s 86 rated?

Literally tells us the bare minimum required to cover their backsides in a legal battle.

Sums up ea pretty well tbh.
  • Orison
    44321 posts International Superstar
    4.5% isn't too bad. I swear I didn't get an 84+ every ~20 7.5k packs (on average) last year :joy:
  • BWild
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Also, we have to consider the amount of 84+ cards that are 84 rated must be circa 75%, so how does the odds increase for 85, 86, 87 etc? And IF’s? Does that include special cards as technically they’re ‘gold’ cards, but are the odds for an 84 rated base player the same as when he has an IF that’s 86 rated?

Literally tells us the bare minimum required to cover their backsides in a legal battle.

Sums up ea pretty well tbh.

I believe the IFs (as well as other special cards) are covered in their other note that it can be <1% varrying with each event.
  • SKhan31
    1028 posts Professional
    Whoman wrote: »
    There is no way that is accurate (and/or still that way in full version), specifically the 20% for an 82+ player. Anybody who has put a decent amount of coins into WC mode can vouch for that ...

We all know that pack odds to get higher rated players was increased during WC mode.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Orison wrote: »
    4.5% isn't too bad. I swear I didn't get an 84+ every ~20 7.5k packs (on average) last year :joy:

This, must have been lower in previous years.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6258 posts Big Money Move
    Nice and vague.

People asked for pack weights, EA delivered with the pack weights.
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    It changes nothing.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Nice and vague.

Yeah I know bud, but dunno why people wanted it when it doesn’t really change anything.
  • BWild
    It changes nothing.

I was thinking this too. I'm still dumping the same amount in. Getting a walkout was a bonus, not an expectation.
  • CeeQue
    10150 posts Has That Special Something
    Hope for nothing to get nothing is how I open packs.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6258 posts Big Money Move
    Nice and vague.

Yeah I know bud, but dunno why people wanted it when it doesn’t really change anything.

bEcAuSe Ea NeEd To Be MoRe TrAnSpArEnT
  • RadioShaq
    14620 posts Moderator
    I guess for people who don’t know anything about the game. After playing for a few years most should know the odds.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Nice and vague.

bEcAuSe Ea NeEd To Be MoRe TrAnSpArEnT

ThIs IsNt ThE wAy
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I guess for people who don’t know anything about the game. After playing for a few years most should know the odds.

Based off previous years those odds are better
  • I'm fine with this, not that it changes anything for me. I thought the weight would be a lot worse tbh!
  • SocratesMe
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    People will still open packs.

People will still complain that they don’t get high rated players.

People will fail to understand percentages.