Anyone else feel really demotivated to buy fifa 19?

Richehb1
919 posts Professional
Gonna wait until post first patch reviews I think if I get it this year

Comments

• DeMolay145
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No, I'm heavily motivated. You are probably one of those players that rely on pace and cheap plays. I hope first patch doesn't fix the great changes on those matters. Farewell.
  • Acker
    1132 posts Moderator
    Have to say I’m really hyped for this years game

Honestly can’t wait
  • Skinz2k15
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    Well up for it, all aboard the hype train!
  • aberry1000
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scholes
  • Fab
    17825 posts World Class
    i look forward to be able to play with icons
  • Richehb1
    919 posts Professional
    DeMolay145 wrote: »
    No, I'm heavily motivated. You are probably one of those players that rely on pace and cheap plays. I hope first patch doesn't fix the great changes on those matters. Farewell.

Anyone on the forums who I speak with or has played me will tell you my team this year was built around giroud and potm Kane the year before hahahahahahhha
  • Richehb1
    919 posts Professional
    Richehb1 wrote: »
    DeMolay145 wrote: »

Anyone on the forums who I speak with or has played me will tell you my team this year was built around giroud and potm Kane the year before hahahahahahhha

Not to mention the Lord Omar Bugiel too
  • Dolph
    1044 posts Professional
    I have to say I’m the opposite, started fut in 13, pretty much hated it by 17 and didn’t hardly play, after a year off and playing 18 a lot I’m definitely hyped.
  • Retro_G
    29120 posts Player of the Year
    Acker wrote: »
    Have to say I’m really hyped for this years game

Honestly can’t wait

• Lynchu
    1035 posts Professional
    esentially took a year out last year and after trying the demo i'm genuinely struggling to adapt to this shooting mechanic. the only issue stopping me from pre ordering so far tbh
  • Retro_G
    29120 posts Player of the Year
    Lynchu wrote: »
    esentially took a year out last year and after trying the demo i'm genuinely struggling to adapt to this shooting mechanic. the only issue stopping me from pre ordering so far tbh

Just use normal shooting, can't see many people using timed finishing in fut champs. The risk isn't worth the reward, driven shots will still be the most effective shot type.
  • Halfhand2
    523 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Waiting till the patch before I buy, not going to be fooled for a third year.
  • Lynchu
    1035 posts Professional
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Lynchu wrote: »

Just use normal shooting, can't see many people using timed finishing in fut champs. The risk isn't worth the reward, driven shots will still be the most effective shot type.

true, that and the button delay would probably f so many chances up...
  • Idek
    10244 posts Has That Special Something
    I could be done with the game by xmas this year depending on what it's like, hype and expectation levels are pretty low
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13258 posts Has That Special Something
    After viewing some pack openings on twitch so far I think I might not even bother with FUT. PES gives you waaaaay more for your cash.....

Gold pack : 100 FP (79p)
    PES TOTW player guaranteed : 100c (79p)

Hmmm
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional
    After viewing some pack openings on twitch so far I think I might not even bother with FUT. PES gives you waaaaay more for your cash.....

Hmmm

That might as well backfire and destroy the market instead (If there is any, I know nothing about PES).
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional
    Also, on-topic I am super excited for what FIFA 19 can bring. After the fiasco that FIFA 18 was I am really hoping for a good game. Hopefully, EA learns from their mistakes.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Oscaaaar wrote: »

Hmmm

That might as well backfire and destroy the market instead (If there is any, I know nothing about PES).

PES uses a market for scouts rather than players ...it's a bigger grind. But when you pay more than for the game itself. You get far better results. I could spend £160 on PES and be guaranteed every top tier player....yet on FIFA I'll get bas dost z burki, baumamn and mustafi X4 if I'm lucky....
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional

Hmmm

PES uses a market for scouts rather than players ...it's a bigger grind. But when you pay more than for the game itself. You get far better results. I could spend £160 on PES and be guaranteed every top tier player....yet on FIFA I'll get bas dost z burki, baumamn and mustafi X4 if I'm lucky....

I agree with the price of FPs being ridiculously high, but it serves a purpose as well. It counters exactly what you are saying. 160 pounds and all top tier players? The game is supposed to be kind of a grind, not something you can "complete" within 1 day.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88

Hmmm

I agree with the price of FPs being ridiculously high, but it serves a purpose as well. It counters exactly what you are saying. 160 pounds and all top tier players? The game is supposed to be kind of a grind, not something you can "complete" within 1 day.

See that's where most years I'd agree with you. However you might have all the best players but you may not want to use all of them? Because of the player growth system in PES, you can find am incredibly bright youngster and train them up to.end game player. It's not like FIFA where Ronaldo almost guarantees you a goal instead of Joe bloggs, it's more of a skill gap. Players who are useless in FIFA are not useless in PES. That I love
  • Clancy
    7755 posts League Winner
    was considering not buying it this year, but was quite bored last weekend and craving the transfer market

thinking I'll focus on trading for the first month and let them sort out the first few patches. Really hated learning one patch and then getting switched up on last year
  • JorisDB
    1384 posts Professional
    Way more hyped than usual tbh, really think it’s going to be a good one!
  • SPN1987
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not sure why but the longer I don't play FIFA the less desire I feel to return. It's been 5 or 6 weeks and counting. Installed the demo, but didn't even bother trying it yet.
  • Richehb1
    919 posts Professional
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    Not sure why but the longer I don't play FIFA the less desire I feel to return. It's been 5 or 6 weeks and counting. Installed the demo, but didn't even bother trying it yet.

This is largely how I feel, got a beta code turned it on once played 1 match and just got bored and went back on fortnite
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    SPN1987 wrote: »

I'm actually enjoying PES atm, downloaded demo for FIFA too but yet to play. I'm not considering just waiting until Xmas for FIFA now...or black Friday at the earliest
  • Chapman
    432 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not at all and with the me week end league change its the greatest news ever
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    yeah not buying it
  • KRANG00
    1734 posts Play-Off Hero
    Really not hyped. Can't decided if i should buy Fifa just to end up using it as a trading game like last year.

I enjoyed trading more than playing, that shouldn't be a thing!
  • Chubz
    3223 posts National Call-Up
    thats why i didnt splash the cash...I subscribed via Origin :)
  • Mini_Miudo
    9970 posts Has That Special Something
    Shut up Meg. Just hop on the HYPE TRAIN, CHOO CHOO!!

I'm very excited. Demo gameplay felt better than '18 and WL changes are amazing.